Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

As the waves began to clash against the hard wood boat once more, Trevor hastily wound the line of his favorite fishing pole to reveal a small little trout like fish on the end. Disappointing, consider there was about sixteen or eighteen people that probably had to eat food, and people really liked to eat a lot of food apparently, but it had to do. 

---

Noccy was getting a little tired. He flipped over onto his back in Nadas' palm and focused on the soothing noise of the waves, and tried to ignore the spine shivering yelling of Otto.

Timmi was getting a little bored, he chased around his flames to pass the time.

• Like 1

Kate turned down and looked at Otto, blinking a couple times. She hadn't really been listening to his and the lizard lady's conversation, so she didn't know what he was talking about. She did finally notice Timmi though. "Oh! How did you get so tiny!" She asked, even though he couldn't answer, as she scoped him up in her palms.

"Ah!" we waved his hand dismissively and walked over to Candy in introduce himself. "Hi there, I'm Otto the otter. I'm quite the daredevil but..." Otto leaned in a bit "between you and me, the other new recruit is a bit annoying... so what's something you can tell me about yourself? You almost seem made out of candy, heh..... wait, are you?"

(@CandySweet)

Nadas fell on her haunches as soon as the ship started to move, hissing a bit. She was still quite weak, so she was rather dizzy still. The gecko lady sighed and then looked down at Noccy for a moment, noticing it was about to fall asleep, so she cradled it.

When the little girl stepped closer, Nadas attempted to smile, albeit slightly. "Hello there, little one..." her voice was rather sloppy.

Edited by Ysulyan

(Gonna assume Wiffle's in Kate's arms.)

Wiffleball blinked a few times, then looked over at Timmi. There was no way Noctimus was that small... did someone use the scale crank thing on him? In a sudden flash of inspiration, he realized the most most logical and reasonable thing to do at that moment, which was to reach out and place the smol pupper on his head.

Hat.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

her voice was rather sloppy.

(How the f**k do you sound sloppy? XD)

Candy seemed to have ignored him (or I didn't shout loud enough). "Eh. I'm gonna go back to my post. I'll figure her out later" And Otto started walking back towards the crows nest.

Spoiler

(*Looks up crows nest*

"Since the crow's nest is a point far away from the ship's centre of mass, any small movement of the ship is amplified and could lead to severe seasickness, even in accustomed sailors. Therefore, being sent to the crow's nest was also considered a punishment"

Oh...)

• Like 1

Kate grinned at the antics of her two friends, and then looked up at the new lizard lady. Her expression became replaced with a more curious one as she gave a small wave in greeting. The lizard lady didn't sound like she was feeling too well...

~~~~~~

Dragon casually flies around, looking for seaweed. As you do.

Edited by MenaAthena
  • Like 1

Otto looked in the direction of where Dragon took off. She sure taking her time. Wait...

Otto had a thought.

... Maybe there's just no seaweed out that way. Otto shrugged.

(*Poof* rope ladder)

Oh so that's how I get up? Otto thought, looking up at the rope ladder. Then he began to climb it.

Otto looked up and saw Crab wielding a large pair of scissors. "Crab? How'd you get up there so fast? And why are you always trying to ruin my life?"

Then instead of trying to better the situation and bridge the gab between them, Otto made a joke.

"Heh. Ya know a crab in a crows nest usually means dinner"

Crab nodded. A plate of steamed seafood appeared in his free claw, which he dropped down on Otto's face.

Gyx felt discontented around the rest of the crew. It had been awhile since he properly swam, and so he climbed overboard and hopped into the water. He swam a good distance from the boat, and just stood there, basking in the abyssal serenity.

12 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(How the f**k do you sound sloppy? XD)

(Ummmm.... *thinks of a terrible excuse* uh, she's a lizard, so yeah)

Nadas glanced at Otto and then huffed, seeming rather hesitant about letting the little creature climb stuff in that condition. When the gecko realized the little girl was waving back at her and looking at her, she blinked and then tried to stand up to the best of her ability, managing a smile, leaning with her back against the closest crate or wall.

Niella scans the bottom of the ocean with one of her tertiary heads, following a sort of massive organic wire, which stretches and branches across the ocean floor.  It glows a vibrant blue, an identical color and material to the pyrosomes which grow out of it.  Every couple seconds, a bright electric flash runs through the tube, like a massive nerve.  Inside it are countless tubes and organs, pumping blood, food, and information through the colony.  It really is just one massive organism.

As she continues to swim, Niella starts to see other tubes glowing in the distance, all running towards a single source somewhere.  Just how big was this thing?

Crab swiped at him. "H-hey! watch it!" then he cute the rope (just one side I presume). "Ah!" Otto slipped a bit but clung on to a rope that was still intact. He looked up at Crab and could only assume he was trying to kill him. "Why do you hate me?" he said with an unimpressed look on his face, waiting for the inevitable.

Crab stared right back at Otto. The shell just beneath and between his eyes morphed into an almost-creepy human mouth, which whispered "Cuz you'se a b****", before he fully cut the rope, letting Otto plunge to his death the wooden deck below.  

Edited by wxps350

When Otto saw the mouth, he was almost horrified. "Huh?" Then Crab cut the rope, letting him fall. Otto reached out for anything he could grab onto but to no avail. Otto plummeted and hit the deck with a loud bam. (Well... probably wasn't that loud). Otto had the wind knocked out of him for a brief second before sitting up, coughing.