Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"Mhm."  She says, nodding to Nadas.  "Buuuuut...I think they're probably here coming to get me, not because it's where they want to go.  I'd rather go to them and save the time!"

She reaches out with her fingers to pick the lizard lady up; but then remembers the other two small humans didn't seem to really enjoy that.  Instead, she opts for setting down her hand next to her.

"Oh....letters..."  Niella says quietly.  Silven finds some more random stuff; a couple old-looking lifeboats, one of them painted green and gold like the one they were given to ride, and the others drab and undecorated.  He also finds more expensive trinkets; Niella's hoard is probably more expansive than the one in the giant pelican.  Scattered about are various bits of furniture, which look like they've been in here a very long time.  There are tables, chairs, soggy bits of sheets floating in the glowing water...it's like someone dumped the contents of a moving van down her throat.

"Yes! Perhaps I should read their content now.." Silven noted the things around him, the Markless even more giant tursai seemed to have collected a variety of objects. He looked back at the container, deciding to open it up and take one of the letters out before closing it again. He  looked it over before reading.

• Like 1

Nadas is picked up after climbing onto the hand that was kindly offered to her. She closes her eyes and simply awaits, not really able to do much in that situation; her own exhaustion was already enough.

When lifted, the sudden realization that she was not on solid ground anymore would hit her and make her slightly nauseous, since she was obviously not used to being so high up.

Edited by Ysulyan
fixed a few things
  • Like 2

Otto decided to rest. The effects of the poison were coming back to him and he didn't feel so good. "Maybe I should save my energy till this poison wears off. Then it's back on duty! Wouldn't want this boat to crash into some random iceberg after all"

He scratches a part of matted fur on his side.

"Uh, hm," Syndir gulped. "So me being your devout servant I of course would like to make sure I do exactly what you wish! So I must say, I have no idea what you mean, because like there's the little girl avatar you. Then there is like the volcano you. You know I think the sun is also you—now I might be wrong there—and now there is this you. Which to be fair does kind of look like a sun. Plus when you say them I'm not quite sure who you mean. Do you mean them? Or like them? Clarification would make this whole process so much easier."

"Uh, right," Syndir replied. "The root. Your root. Yup I getcha. Being the devout follower I am. I of course know what it is you're talking about, because why else would I say that I know what you're talking about unless I actually knew what you were talking about."

"Which I do.

Niella's about to pick the pink traumatized human up when she freezes at Silven's question.  "Uh..."  She says, her face literally starting to turn red.  "My, uh, mom's the only one allowed to...er...have babies."

"Well I can't. I'm not allowed to go into that process or the right one to be mated to another house offspring," He stopped rummaging through the container and looked about the room again, not really focusing on anything, just scanning the room before he looked back at the container. "Perhaps it was for the betterment of my kind," he whispered before going back to looking through the letters. He picked another one out and closed the container.

• Like 1

This letter just seems to talk about random stuff, like the setting up of a water-catchment system on the boat's roof, making repairs to the hull, etc.  Nothing really interesting or informative.  Many of the other letters Silven leafs through are similarly uninteresting.