Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Trevor, having learned from spending time with Wheke the past months, gained some of her confidence, if only a little.

"Er, aha! I've caught a...octopus...bird..."

Trevor, having learned from Famen's racism from much much earlier in the story, decides not to ask if they know each other.

• Like 3

(Ooh, interspecies diplomacy proceeding in a way more orderly manner this time.)

Meritursas is way too busy with intense things of an important nature to save the unfortunate trevor and wheke.

"Yeah, but I don't worry too much about that.  The concern comes more from larger, unhappier things."  She replies to Wallan.

Syndir regained his balancing preventing himself from falling and gave himself a little victory gesture. He then turned to dragon and continued. "Well you see swamp islands... are... swamp...y?" He had been sure there was something important he had to say about swamp islands...

"OTTO PLEASE STOP YELLING YOU'LL HURT IT'S UH...EAR...HOLES!"

Trevor completely ignores Famen and turns to Wheke.

"Jeez, why is everyone coming to us? We're just fishing. What happened to minding your own beeswax? And when did bees make wax? Do they make candles too?"

• Like 2

(>Otto attacks

>Quaken wraps a tentacle around him and casts him away in the sea

>rip Otto press F for respect)

Jaw leaves Gilda, staring blankly in front of him. He's going to really miss her...

---------

The Quaken's screech 

Oh! What's that thing...?

He walks behind Wheke and Trevor 

The Quacken glances around, a growl coming from its throat. It's eyes fall upon Wheke and it screeches again. 

Wheke puts their hands on their hips and makes a few clicking sounds. 

The Quacken screeches again. 

Wheke turns to Trevor and makes a few gutral noises. 

The Quacken lets out a low hiss. 

"Um... Trevor. This is my mother. She says thanks for the food. I uh... Might head off with her though. Sorry... I've had a lot of fun hanging with you..."

• Like 7

"WHAT?!" Otto shouts "You mean to tell me that this giant monster that I was about to pulverize is your mother?! And I don't even know you! Man I really gotta get more acquainted with the crew members"

Otto thought for a bit. "That settles it! The next person to join our crew will become my next best friend!"

(Well Otto didn't die and already set the stage for a new character ;) )

"Oh? Can you describe what any of them look like, if you've seen them of course. In fact since you have no trouble transferring  in this liquid, perhaps you can show what the ones who inhabit this place look like?" And from that day forth they never made it back.