Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Kate peeled herself off the ground, already sour about slipping and getting mud all over her face, but then the small brown thing snickered at and made fun of her, which only inflamed her anger. She glared and, In a fit, tried to throw a glop of mud at him. (I'll leave it up to DM if it hits Otto or not.)

(Just cos Otto was mean...)

Otto continued to shout at the fisher-merm, not paying any attention to Kate. Kate threw a glob of mud at Otto, hitting him in the face and causing him to fall over in the mud. Least it silenced him.

Otto laid there thinking ... I don't know why I deserved that... but I probably did.

The "letters" were still terrible- I mean I doubt even in his language its legible. But there is some poorly made drawings off to the side that looks like a squiggly misshapen island, maybe.. Or just squiggles. Probably just squiggles.  

• Like 1

After a moment of lying in the mud feeling like garbage, Otto got up and wiped some of the mud off. Not that it helped much, he was still literally covered, mud all through his once silky fur. Otto didn't mind it but if they came across someone new, they probably wouldn't want to shake hands with him.

(I can't help but imagine Nadas (Ysulyan's character) giving Otto a bath XD)

10 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

(Yes Dara is going to control the merms)

Oh no. I'm in charge of something!!!}

*Everything catches fire**Slowly* D: }

The merm blubs something incomprehensible and give a hiss to the tiny furry log. 

----

"Yeah Jaw... It is... You're welcome to stay if you want." Gilda wasn't sure if Jaw was able to live in fresh water, at least the ocean was right near by if he needed it. 

----

"Hey Trevor. Where are we?"

Wheke faces their friend. 

Edited by Dara999
  • Like 3

Kate was grumpily trying to scrape the mud off her face, when she noticed Noctimus whining and struggling to pull his face out of the mud. She, of course, knew that mud was just watery dirt, so it must be hurting the lil pupper. Now calmed down a bit, she gently removed the pup from the muck and started wiping him off with a not muddy patch of her blanket, and then sat him atop her not muddy head like a little squirmy hat.

Wiffleball had landed about a foot in front of Kate, right into one of the more marshy patches of ground. Unlike Noctimus, however, he was strong enough to free himself from it without much trouble. He tried to rub some of the lingering muck out of of his eyes, only to find that his paws were just as muddy. In fact, the entire front of his body had been stained a wet, dirty brown from the impact. Eugh.

9 hours ago, Dara999 said:

to the tiny furry log.

(Why? Why do people keep referring to him as such? He is clearly a muddy muck monster atm :p )

Otto looked at the merm. "Ack, not another blubbering fish speaker" Otto said "Hm... hey crab owner! Maybe you can decipher what ol' red is saying"

"STAY...HERE..."

Jaw sits down on the edge of the pond.

He rubs his head.

"I DONT TALK GOOD...BEFORE, ME TALK GOOD, NOW, ME CONFUSED...I THINK GOOD BRAIN PLANT LAST SHORT..."

He sighs

"YOU SAY YOU STAY HERE...YOU LIKE HERE? BUT...OUT, ADVENTURE? OH BUT, WATER IS POISON YOU. RIGHT. THIS WATER IS NOT POISON YOU?"

He looks at Gilda in her eyes

"I AM HAPPY IF YOU ARE HAPPY. THAT IS CAPTAIN DO! CAPTAIN IS HAPPY WHEN CREW IS HAPPY! BUT...OTHER CREW IS NOT HAPPY STAY HERE. LOOK LITTLE GIRL HUMAN. SHE GOT MUD ALL OVER AND IS ALL, EW!"

"SO...JAW NEED TO GO. BUT, ONCE OUR ADVENTURE IS FINISH..."

He puts a hand in the water and holds Gilda's.

"I COME BACK HERE. AND WE HAVE MORE ADVENTURE!"

And he smiles 

Edited by DwerBomb
  • Like 6

"Brilliant! I love being lost! Well depends really." Wheke crawls out of the barrel and goes up to the deck. "Nice island. Wonder if there's any good catches here."

------

tumblr_nb4ixld2kw1sn7rfao2_500.gif

[Shipping Intensifies]

Gilda felt her thoughts going back and forth between staying and leaving. Jaw and her were both outcasts and he seemed to really like Gilda... Would it be fair to her to stay? It wasn't a nice feeling.  It was L ike a candiru had wormed into her and was eating her from the inside out, leaving a hollow cavity in her chest. 

"I'm sorry Jaw... It's a lot safer for me here.... Are you sure you don't want to stay?..." She wanted him to stay but it wasn't her choice. 

Edited by Dara999
  • Like 3

Kate wiped the mud off her own face with her blanket, and couldn't help but overhear the orange fish dog and green fish lady talking. It sounded like the fish lady wanted to stay here, and the two of them were having a touching goodbye. She wanted to say goodbye too. She still remembered how she had gotten Wiffleball down from the sail when no one else could reach him. However, she didn't want to interrupt, so she just turned and watched the heartfelt scene from a distance like a creepy stalker.

(Whenever friends part ways, I like to listen to this:

Spoiler

)

Otto glanced over at Jaw and Gilda. "Ech" he said as for love stories and emotional partings wasn't his cup of tea. He wondered over to the pond and collected the fish. "Mine as well since that other guy doesn't want it. I can probably save this for later."

"Well it first started when I left my home! Since flying to this place I have observed many things! I hope to classify and label many things so that I may come back and collect samples. Oh I have gathered a lot already, and I may even make a break through," Silven continued to talk seemingly about the greatness of discovery so he didn't notice how the other was reaching down to pick him up.

Niella snatches him off the deck mid-sentence, holding him between two fingers.  It feels sorta like being pressed between two school buses, but she's considerate enough not to squeeze his organs out.

"I know a lot of stuff!  And probably have a bunch of samples!  I could help!"

Silven fidgeted- or at least try to. This was not comfortable, but the offer of knowledge make him forget that. "Oh! I would be glad to listen to the information you possess! That would be most advantageous to my research, you must have been to many different terrains through that liquid. And seen so many things! It is great fortune that you have found the object of mud and twigs," new somewhat moves his arms a bit for he could write in his book- who knows maybe being this way will improve his handwriting.