Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Spoiler

raisoms.png

silly waddle/toast, you're not raisins

Meri untangles himself from Malii and the seaweed.  "ungrateful little brat.  I just saved your life."

Edited by Battal
  • Like 7

[WE CAN DREAM BATTAL!]

[Everything got soaked in water, Turner died, The giant birb is trying to eat us, Kate and Wiffleball cried about how the ones they loved died horribly, Noctimus cried a bunch, Meri fought another Tursai. This summery is terrible and not in the right order. Sorry. I'm tired ; n ;]

Malii doesn't like being called a brat and she slaps Meri with her little arms.

"you could of at least given a warning!" 

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 2

[And Dragon went all ape sh*t crazy over this hoard of 'shinys' she found. Cinis told her to snap out of it and saved her life in the end. We all escaped the pelican so... that's a good thing. Hope it stays like that. Also I think Crab and Otto are on better terms, not friends though. Also, can we please update that poster on page one? I'm pretty sure we're not still sailing in the storm. A lot has happened and probably should be noted]

6 hours ago, wxps350 said:

Once they were free, Crab struggled out of Ottos hands, and scuttled away.

(But... Crab was on Otto's head/hat :/ )

• Like 1

(I'm sure I'll get around to updating the map...someday.  Soooo much to do... -_-)

"We should get back to the ship."  Meritursas suggests gruffly.  Not waiting for a response, he starts to swim.

(I'm sure I'll get around to updating the map...someday.  Soooo much to do... -_-)

"We should get back to the ship."  Meritursas suggests gruffly.  Not waiting for a response, he starts to swim.

• Like 2

"...Answer me!" Cinis commanded.

--

Viridis's flower looked a little more pale than before. "A-aren't y-you f-freezing...?" She said and fruitlessly tried hugging herself with her wings for warmth.

Edited by RyanandLink
double'd

Wiffleball lay against the side of the crate, too waterlogged to move. The water was cold, the crate was cold, everything felt cold. He hated being so helpless, especially with Noctimus whimpering and shivering right next to him. He couldn't do anything...or could he? Hm. Well, he doubted this would be the last time he ended up soaked, and having to rely on others to wring him out every time was getting somewhat tedious. Self-sufficiency would at least be worth a shot, right?

He shut his eyes, concentrating hard. In response, four small tentacles sprouted from his back, curling around his arms two at a time. They gripped hard, then twisted, squeezing water out of his arms and into a small puddle. He then repeated this a few times with his legs, body, and head, until he was able to move properly again - not nearly as good as Kate's wringing, but manageable. He sat up, scootched over to Noctimus, and began stroking the little shadow with the driest area of his paw as the tentacles quickly retracted.

"Shadow power isn't a toy, you know," echoed a familiar voice in his head, but Wiffleball just sneered. Hey, it got the job done, didn't it? Besides, he really wasn't up to being told things he already knew. It wasn't like he'd made this a habit or anything.

...yet.

• Like 1

"I DON'T KNOW!" Dragon snapped back, roughly ramming into Cinis out of anger and frustration. "Why do you care?! You haven't even been in this herd a full day and you're acting like my elder! Why can't you just mind your own business?!" Right now she was too focused on the other dragon to pay attention to the gold shimmer in the water.

(Geez dragon, I thought you were cool. It's not like you've just started recovering from losing control of your mind, lost nearly all your shinys that you worked hard to get including the few you had to start out with, and now there's this near complete stranger shoving and shouting at you.

Oh.)

Kate tried to wipe some of the salt water off her eyes and blinked them open. Not all of the water could flow out of the hole in the side of the ship, so there was still a fair amount remaining, along with a lot of very colorful fish. Through her eyes, it looked almost like the water was made up of constantly moving colorful streaks. It was pretty.

Silvens' eyes shot open. Well that was the second time he was overloaded with information in- where they.. He tried to move and noticed his wing was caught on something on the side of the object. He must have been rolling around as he processed everything. He wondered if this was some sort of trap to keep him in place or.. Or some sort of sleeping way? He wasn't sure but he was to engrossed on trying to get his wing out he didn't realize he only had his journal on him.

Upon closer examination on the ship, it seemed that the fish were unusually colorful.

--------------

All Meritursas could see was natural beauty. Pure white sands and poisonous fish. 

The reflective gold object was gone. 

While having been knocked off the deck by the sudden torrent of water, Syndir wasn't dead.

His left eye seared as if melting back into his skull, and the surrounding raw flesh forcefully grated against the unforgiving obsidian composition of his mask. It had lost vision altogether and a small drizzle of blood began to well up at the swollen base of his eyelid. Sea salt from oncoming battering waves gnawed at the reopening wounds of his face, and forced him to bite his lip till it bled. The injuries from his past had never truly been sated instead being left vulnerable to the elements. It had not been allowed to scar up properly due to the intrusive object on his face, and the numerous poisons running through his veins crippling any recovery. Not just lacerations of skin and muscle, but his bone too had been thoroughly damaged, and was now lashing out in response to new pain. There was no telling what else may have taken place had it not been for the plaster of molten rock that shielded most of his head, but the rest of his body was not so lucky.

He wasn't quite sure just what had taken place between when the ship had submerged and now, but whatever might have happened, there was now a large stray piece of wood that had lodged itself in his chest and at least one of his legs seemed to be broken. He was certain of that much, but he wasn't sure whether it was his good leg or not. There wasn't very much blood, but it was difficult to tell being red on red—his tunic had been totaled. The lumber had taken on a scarlet hue, and he was pretty sure it wasn't redwood. It was worse than even that, for the exposed portion of the plank fragmented more and more as it sank into his skin. He had lost too much blood. That was something he could say even without having any background in medical field—an asset that would prove handy. Of course first thing was first.

Syndir's left wrist was the one thing keeping him from sinking into the abyss of the water. It's gold stained red, and the transition from skin to metal becoming increasingly hard to tell if not for the exposed bone. However it may have happened, his golden hand had puncture a hole in the ship just above the water. That is to say, his lower half was presently submerged while the timber wanted nothing more than to float upward. A battle between the forces of nature with him stuck in the middle of it all.

• Like 3

Trevor knew Syndir's pain. He'd probably help him get through it once he actually knew that Syndir was in pain and once they got out of this giant bird. For now, he cried out for help as loud as he could.

---

Noctimus scooted a little closer to Wiffleball, closed his eyes tightly, and nuzzled his face, slightly wincing in pain.

---

Malii swims next to Meri and stares at the pretty white sand and  fish.

"woah!"

After a couple moments of watching the fish swim too and fro, Kate began to notice spots of color that never moved, most of them yellow looking. Out of curiosity, she plunged a hand into the water and pulled out one of the objects; a small gold coin. She grinned a little in childish excitement and started wading around, now used to the cold water, pulling up all the treasure she could find and piling it up on the crate. There wasn't much, but in her collection so far was a large red gem and an empty gold necklace. 

(Now wait, hold up, this isn't cheep, m'k? Lemme explain; I was planning for a small amount of Dragon's shinys to have fallen into the cargo hold before Syndir got hurt. I mean, there's like two holes in the deck. Some of the treasure was bound to slide and fall through. Plus none of my characters know what a Life Giving Amulet is, how to make it, or what it does, so some one else (probably Famen) is going to have to figure that out AND spot Syndir on the side of the boat and pull him up. So it's fair.

#saveSyndir #stopthebabyabuse #youtooToast #yeahImlookingatyouyoupeiceofbreadyou #youreevenmoreguilty)

Edited by MenaAthena
  • Like 5

Famen gave up on searching for his robot butler. He was gone and he'd have to live with that. He glanced around the ship to see if everyone was still on boa-wait. Where's Syndir?! Famen looked around the water until he saw a large red puddle, growing rapidly. He dived into the water without a second thought and unlodged the large piece of driftwood in Syndir's chest. He then grabbed Syndir's tunic and began swimming back to the boat. With a bit of effort, Famen managed to carry Syndir up the rope that Gyx had on the side of the ship. He dropped him on deck and began assessing the injuries Syndir had.