Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Otto ran from Crab. Crab tried to chase him but was tripped up by a floorboard. Otto saw the floorboard that granted him the upper hand. Perfect! He ran towards it and pulled a sharp splinter off it. It isn't much at this size but it's better than nothing. Then while Crab was still stuck on his back, Otto took that chance to attack his weak spot with it.

(It's his under belly right?)

Meri was sent flying through the water by a drastically forceful blow. The mother tursai had left her nest completely, and floating in place now, was revealed to be a mass of exposed membrane, flesh, and spinal columns. She was enormous. The beast gently prodded at her child's shell as Meri regained his stance. Slightly embarrassed, but mostly seething, the younger tursai accepted the cover from her parent. "You were hurt before. Why didn't you come to me sooner?" she muttered. The other remained shamefully silent as she watched Meri through a sharp glare. "What are you doing?" she hissed. "You're bleeding," the elder spat back. "Ignore that thing." 

"But-!" 

"You're missing limbs..."

• Like 2

Meritursas recovers from the blow after a few minutes, filled with rage.  He spun and looked at the blood-tainter and her vile brood.  Her eggs were exposed; he could destroy them, then rip apart the exposed flesh on the...creature's...

Meritursas sits there for a bit, simply watching the two tursai.  His expression is sort of...dumbfounded.

• Like 2

"Look at me," she said firmly. Her daughter's expression became slightly more relaxed and diverted from her attacker as she turned to meet her mother's eyes. She looked pale in the light of her eyes- a towering, coddling wellspring of deformities. "Mom... It stings," she mumbled, a hint of weakness showing in her voice. She nervously glanced back at Meritursas, but the larger tursai raised her claw to block him from view. 

• Like 2

Meritursas watches as the huge tursai comforting her child.  He seems frozen as he blankly stares.  It reminded him of his own mother...

What had this creature really done wrong? It had lived a life of abject pain and suffering, with probably its children as its only source of company or happiness...he tasted its blood through his tendrils, and the taste sickened him rather than gave him pleasure...

From the view of the other two, he's having a slight panic attack, with his eyes bulging out of his sockets and his lights flickering on and off.

• Like 1

The aitivalku began to drift backwards towards her nest, continuing to shelter her child. "Come, come." The younger tursai stayed closer, entranced by the cooing and gentle hold, acting as if Meri wasn't there at all. 

Edited by LiptonPee
  • Like 2

Meritursas watches them solemnly.  He has this strange, painful feeling in his chest.  The overwhelming majority of him screamed to attack now, but a small part of him was utterly against it.

He turns away from the two, and starts to leave.

Edited by Battal
  • Like 2

A loud groan rumbled through the cavern of the Leviacan's beak. The waters shifted for a moment. 

The ship began to move in its own... along with Malii. The sea water around them began to rush. It was pulling them. Increasingly violent waves whipped against the ship's exterior. Famen moved Angelle and shot up to run to the front of the deck. 

A strong suction pulled the mother tursai backwards. She habitually clamped her third pincer onto the leviacan's uvula and cried out, squeezing her daughter protectively. "Whats happening?!" she wailed. "Mom?!"

The throat of the colossus heaved. She was blocking it, and it wanted to consume the waters. None of the tursai had ever experienced it before. After so many years, it was finally feeding time again. 

• Like 1

Malii looked around, scared and confused. She swam behind the boat, grabbed it in her jaws, and began to fight the tide.

---

Noctimus' bawling increased as he rolled towards the back of the ship.

Edited by Youknowwho

When the ship shifted, Otto stumbled. "What's happening?" Unfortunately with Otto's tiny size, running to the side of the ship would take too long and be too dangerous. Otto held onto the floorboards to prevent him from moving anywhere. "Crab! I think our duel is over now! Think I can be my normal size again?" Otto shouted, hoping Crab isn't too injured from his blow. "Also... I don't want to be stepped on accidentally"

Crab lay defeated, but he heard Otto's words, and he grew back to normal size. He was stable, because magic. Gyx almost fell overboard, but stabbed his sickle into the boat's side, blowing another hole in the ship.

My Ship.gif

"He's hungry! Malii, don't stop swimming! Oh God where's Meri, Dragon and Cinis? Please let them be safe." Famen said, pacing around in a circle, albeit tripping a lot because of the 'current' situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angelle retreated underneath the deck to avoid falling off the ship.

• Like 6

Otto lay on the deck, back to his normal size. "Thanks!... Uh oh" Otto lifted himself up. He was about to run off but then stopped and looked back at Crab. He seemed alright but he wasn't trying to escape, let alone move. Did I injure him that badly? he thought to himself. Then unexpectedly, he ran over and picked Crab up.

He looked around and saw Gyx fall over board. He ran to the side and saw him holding on with his sickle in the boat. Then he saw the water rushing towards the bird's throat. This only meant one thing to him: *Insert courageous battle cry here*

(Sorry don't have anything funny or creative right now :/ Might add something later when I think of something)

Cinis was about to answer Dragon, when he noticed the water streaming violently in the direction of the bird's throat. He realized what that meant- and due to his large size he was able to catch up to Dragon again and grabbed her hand, making them both have to fly still in the air. "Look." He said and pointed at the water. "Your allies may be in trouble. Are you going to continue being stubborn, or will you secure their safety?!"

--

"Huh?!" Viridis managed to say confusedly before falling on her back. She got up, and tried to secure herself by stabbing the deck with her claws again, but it broke and she fell flat on the ground on her face below deck, right before Kate, Wiffleball and Noctimus. "Ow..."

(The perfect music came on as I read those posts. Fast paced and action packed ^_^ )

Otto looked over to the canon. Maybe that can help. Otto ran over, put Crab on top of his hat and prepared the canon. As the boat slowly got closer to the throat, Otto aimed at the side and fired. BOOM!

(I'll let Lipton decide what that did if anything)

(aaaugh my wrist will be the end of me)

At the first rocks, Wiffleball had pushed out of Kate's hug to go rescue Noctimus and bring him back, but the violent rocking of the ship ended up throwing him off balance quicker than he'd expected. Unable to get to his feet, he slid helplessly across the hold, bouncing and tumbling his way to the back of the ship. Although the situation was far too stressful for him to concentrate well, he still managed to push himself over to Noctimus, whom he grabbed and held in a protective embrace. At that point, it was all he could do.

(how do i write things)

Cinis grabbed Dragon's arm, him and her momentum pulling it away from the shinys she held to her chest, sending them down into the waters bellow. All the shinys she had left now were the few she had managed to slip into her pouch and what she still had gripped in her other claw. His words fell on deaf ears as she futility tried to scramble after her lost shinys in a frenzied panic. Even with the waters rushing, the light the fire dragon illuminated hundreds, if not thousands of glimmering trinkets below. 

~~~~~~

Kate was confused and startled by the sudden shift in the boat, and she started sliding towards one side along with everything else in the cargo hold. She used her hands and feet to slow herself so she didn't tumble and slam into the wall, skinning them a little on the rough wooden boards. Making it to the same spot Noctimus and Wiffleballl were, she huddled over them, and saw out of the corner of her eye a couple of crates that were skidding towards them. She squeezed her eyes and braced for the impact.

Kade quickly positioned himself in front of them, letting out a muffled grunt as the crates slid into his back, then pushed them off. Then Viridis fell out of the floor right in front of them and everyone was kinda rolled into a huddled pile on one side of the boat. 

The tursai unleashed an unholy shriek, before being sucked into oblivion with her young. At the moment the suction would have become twice as powerful due to the absence of the monster clogging the throat, the bird took a turn in the air and dived for something. Meritursas, in the dark water, couldn't see through the debris and was swept away.

The rush of water hiccuped as the leviacan swayed to its side. It began to crash into the side of its mouth. In a blinding flash, sunlight broke through. It seemed far from the boat, though. As the panic and struggle continued, something enormous slammed into Malii. It was Meri. fatty

• Like 1

Malii tried to yell "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" but alas, the ship muffled her voice until it was just a random series of muffles.

---

Noctimus' crying died down slightly. He's still wailing.

Edited by Youknowwho