Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"She found treasure, alot of it. Too much, in fact. A stubborn child like her immediately got devoured by the jaws of greed. You saw how she wished to kill your friend the otter there." Cinis looked as she flew away, and spread out his wings to set chase. "Who knows what she will do next." He added and jumped off the boat, flying in Dragon's direction.

Dragon was in dismay. She had been forced to leave a good portion of her horde behind, and what she now held was slowly slipping away piece by piece as she flew. She felt a heat from behind her, and turned her head to find the fire dragon following her. Hadn't these vultures already taken enough from her?! "LEAVE ME ALONE!" She roared in fury.

~~~~~

In her haste, it seemed that Dragon had left the majority of what was in her pouch before all this happened on the ship.

~~~~~

Kate felt like she should have suspected Wiffleball belonged to someone else before. He couldn't have just come out of nowhere. She felt a bit saddened though. She didn't want to have to give her friend back to someone else, even if they had him first. "What happened? Did he lose you? Did he give you away?" Kade absentmindedly pet the shadow pup that was curled next to him.

2 hours ago, Dara999 said:

Lol I is lost}

(Wheke is diving the ship off in a random direction, Dragon is flying off in a different direction with some of her shinys and Cinis following her, Kate, Wiffleball, and Noctimus are chilling bellow deck. Any questions?)

Nope, still tastes like the fuel. It's kinda like licking a nightmare fuel popsicle, except not cold. The metaphor still works. 

• Like 2

"ИO. HƎ'D ИEVEЯ HAVƎ DOИE AИY OF THAT."  Wiffleball flinched at a distant roar, and it was a minute before he was able to continue. "I WAƧN'T ALWAYƧ LIKƎ THIƧ, YOU KИOW. MY OLD OWИEЯ - HƎ MADƎ A DƎAL WITH A ЯADIO TO BRIИG MƎ TO LIFƎ."

"WHEИ HƎ DID, A MƎAИ ƧHADOW CAMƎ IИ. AИD BACK THƎN, I DIDИ'T KИOW HOW TO DƎAL WITH IT. I WAƧ JUƧT ƧO COИFUƧED, AИD IT WAƧ ƧO AИGЯY..."  His voice was choked with emotion. "THAT ИIGHT, I...I DEƧTЯOYƎD ƎVƎRYTHIИG. THƎ HOUƧE. HIƧ PAЯEИTƧ."

Wiffleball was silent for a minute. "AИD HIM, TOO. HIƧ FACƎ...I CAИ'T FOЯGƎT IT, KATƎ. HƎ WAƧ ƧO ƧCAЯED. ƧCARƎD OF MƎ."  He couldn't look up to meet her eyes.

"KATƎ. I DOИ'T WAИT THAT TO HAPPƎN AGAIИ. I CAMƎ ƧO CLOƧE TO IT BƎFOЯE...I CAИ'T BƎAЯ TO LOSƎ YOU, TOO. ИOT AGAIИ."

• Like 3

"...we're gonna be lost. Meri ran off in some direction, and Dragon ran off with her gold with Cinis running after her. How are we all gonna escape if this pelican opens it's trap again?" Famen said to no one in particular, kicking some leftover gold into the ocean. He sat to the side of the ship, fumbling with Mark's old umbrella.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angelle ran over and laid on Famen's lap.

Edited by Chris1488

Gyx tapped Famen on the shoulder, and pointed up towards the Pelican's nose hole. Gyx pulled dozens of feathers out of his reagent bag, and started tossing them onto the arrangement of dust on the ground.

"Don't worry Famen!" Otto said with determination, placing his hands on his hips and puffing out his chest like some super hero "Once I blast a hole in this bird brain's mouth, we can sail out there... once we tear it wider open that is" Otto thought for a second "Or he'll yell in pain, giving us the perfect opportunity to escape"

Otto ran over to the canon and prepared it for when they got to the opening of the pelican's beak.

The leviacan felt something itchy and cold in its beak. It quickly melted, being near the top.

_______

Her gaze flickers away from Meri for a moment. Then again. And again.... to something behind him. 

_______

Her tongue lashed through the still waters and whipped across the length of Meritursas' side. "Get away from her!" It was the smaller tursai from before.

Kade turned Noctimus over to wub his widdle bewwy.
Kate was dead silent for a long moment after Wiffleball was finished. "... I understand more than you think." She spoke somberly. She was staring down at her lap, but wasn't really staring at anything.
"I've been able to make fire for as long as I can remember, but my parents didn't like me using it, especially in front of people. They seemed afraid of it, or maybe that other people would be afraid of it. It always wanted to start up when I was upset, but I had gotten pretty good at stopping it, at least for a while..." She took a breath, pausing like she was trying to figure out what to say, or working up the will to say it.
"I killed them, Wiffleball." She choked out in a tight voice, biting her bottom lip and blinking back tears. "I killed my parents. It was my fault." The last word barely escaped as she choked on a sob. She was trying desperately not to cry again, but it only seemed to make make it worse and hurt her throat.
Kade froze, the small grin he had been wearing dropping. They had both had drawn the same conclusion about what had happened, but neither of them had spoken it aloud before. They couldn't bring themselves to.
"I don't remember what happened." She managed to start again. "I sort of remember waking up in the night confused and scared, but there's only little pieces after that, of smoke, and fire, and screaming... The only reason Kade wasn't hurt because he at a sleep over next door I wasn't invited to. The whole house was on fire and collapsed. He found me outside, but mom and dad hadn't come out." She was talking in between sobs and shaky breaths now, gripping Wiffleball tightly in her hands. "What else could have happened? They burned to death, Wiffle, because of me. I can't keep it under control like I could before. I'm scared of it now. I'm scared of all fire now. It makes me remember; it makes me see what I did. I can't see it. I can't see mom and dad die. I can't..."

~~~~~~

Dragon waves a claw in front of Cinis's face. "Hello? Anyone there?"

• Like 2

Trevor felt like he was missing on something. Like if he was somewhere else, he'd be part of a traumatized trio.

---

Noctimus squeaks and rolls around when his widdle bewwy is wubbed, laughing. And after Kate's tale, the feels get to him and he starts to tear up.