Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"ENSLAVE YOU?? WHAT. NO! YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND OF CREW, YOU ARE GOOD TURSAI! OH, MAYBE WHAT I SAID EARLIER GAVE OFF A...BAD IMPRESSION. BUT DO NOT WORRY."

He gets closer to the edge of the boat

"iT wAS jUST tO iMPRESS tHE cREEEWWW."

He attempts a wink 

• Like 6

Wheke goes up to the wheel and stands valiantly. S/he then crashes into an iceberg and the whole crew dies.

-------------

"Jaw?" Gilda's weird'd out. She pokes Jaw's shoulder, just gotta check hes real ya know.

Edited by Dara999
Double post. *shakes fist*
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, MenaAthena said:
  Hide contents

Excerpt from "Dragons, Dragons, and more Dragons" Vol. 264:

"... It is better for a dragon to amass their horde gradually, building up their mound a few pieces at a time over an extended period. If a dragon were to come across a large amount of treasure all at once, it is likely that the sudden, strong surge of greed would drive them into madness and paranoia, lashing out at anyone near and forcing them into seclusion where their insanity and delusions would only worsen. Dragons will be nearly impossible to reason with in this state.
While this kind of reaction is typical, some dragons don't appear to be plagued by this problem. Observation seems to dictate that relatively younger, less mature dragons are more likely to succumb to the madness than older, wiser dragons, but it is not conclusive at this point.
In large, tight-knit families or herds of dragons, the method of dealing with this is fairly universal. The strongest of the group will be called to intervene, and the inflicted one will be restrained while their horde is scattered into the ocean or a pit, anywhere that is out of sight and out of reach. The inflicted one will then continue to be contained until the madness has passed, which may take anywhere from a day to several years depending on how far they succumbed. It may be decided that it would be better to leave the maddened one to their own devices depending on the situation and how big or close the heard is. 
If you, as a human, stumble upon a dragon you suspect to be in this state, do not approach or try to intervene
. Even the tiniest breeds of dragons can be extremely violent and dangerous in this state of insanity. If you value your life, limbs, face, and other such body parts, leave the intervention to other dragons and stay away..."

(Odd. My dragon, Sunrider, isn't like that. Maybe it's because he comes from a world that doesn't have such treasures. Also is it gold or gems? For a while I thought it was gems but now I think it could be gold from a previous shipwreck).

Edited by DragonMage156
My work here is done
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Odd. My dragon, Sunrider, isn't like that. Maybe it's because he comes from a world that doesn't have such treasures. Also is it gold or gems? For a while I thought it was gems but now I think it could be gold from a previous shipwreck).

(No, it's not odd. What would be odd is if a character you've had for probably years had been adhering to lore I made up for my character, like, a day or two ago. :P)

(And if you're referring to the treasure Dragon acquired over the past few pages, I'm pretty sure it's a mix of gems and gold. Otherwise I don't know what it is you're asking.)

Dragon paused for a moment, seeming confused or conflicted in some way by Cinis's remark. She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, opening them again as her expression hardened into a glare. "You can't fool me! You're just trying to get be to give up my shinys so you can have them! It won't work!" the dragon roared in accusation. She needed to go back down to get the other shinys, but as soon as she left the others would descend upon her horde like vultures. She was sure of it. It wasn't safe here. She needed to go somewhere safe, somewhere were she could gather her shinys in peace and no one would steal what was hers. But where?

37 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

(No, it's not odd. What would be odd is if a character you've had for probably years had been adhering to lore I made up for my character, like, a day or two ago. :P)

(And if you're referring to the treasure Dragon acquired over the past few pages, I'm pretty sure it's a mix of gems and gold)

(Ok fair enough)

Otto didn't know what to do. Angelle was still sitting in the cannon and Otto had to load it in attempt to put a 'bullet' hole in this damn birds beak. "Come on out Angelle" She didn't move. "Ah"

Then Otto heard chaos coming from the other side of the boat. It was Dragon and Cinis arguing about something. What was Dragon sitting on? Wait... is that treasure?

Otto was hesitant to leave his post but it's not like the cannon, or Angelle, was going anywhere so Otto decided to go over and get a closer look. Maybe even snag a gem or two.

(Yes Mena I know, Otto's a dumbass -_- I don't think he's actually gonna steal anything though).

"You are not LISTENING." Cinis boomed his voice. "These are your allies, correct?" he asked, looking at the rest of the crew. "Now what if the creature you might have awoken came to extinguish their fires. It seems as if you are wishing for that to happen!" 

---

"Just... don't do it again, please." she asked.

Viridis looked at where Crab was pointing at. It was Jaw! She walked over to him. "Jaw! How are you... feeling?" 

• Like 1

"I awoke nothing; the giant leach didn't move or come after me!" Dragon growled, now looking around the dark interior of the bird's mouth for anywhere she could put her horde. That's when her eye caught the small mammal trying to sneak up towards her pile."THIEF!" she roared in fury and spun around towards him, standing tall with her wings fully spread, a light blue glow emanating from her open mouth. Otto was about to become an ottercicle.

• Like 2