Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

The shadows have been left behind on the island. They roar angrily at the ship as its leaving.

-------------

Jaw turns to Gilda with teary eyes, puk-y mouth and sweaty face.

Yeah he's not really good looking right now 

Kate teleports onto the boat. She was there the whole time. Mhm. Yep.

Unlike Meritursas, Kate was reluctant about leaving the island. She still held on to the idea that her and her new friends could live there, and watched sullenly as it faded into the distance. That is, until the lava dragon's wings spread and filled with fire. A lot of fire. Her skin paled and she shut her eyes tight, but she saw fire there too. With a small gasp she forced her eyes to open and her gaze to focus down on the ocean below her, gripping the rail tightly. She saw the dragon go above them, so she focused on the waves rushing past the boat instead. Just don't look up. Just don't look at them. Just don't think about them. She was starting to sweat, and little flames flickered up and went out sporadically on random patches of her body.

• Like 5

Meritursas forges onward, towards the horizon.  The sun is still high in the sky, and the storm is still just a flicker of thunder in the distance.  He breathes a sigh of relief as cool water rushes into his dried-out gills.  He's tempted to just let go of the ship and plunge deep into the calm waters, but he has a feeling that wouldn't go down too well with the crew.  And the sooner they got away from the island, the better.

Except the waters didn't seem all that calm. Meritursas could see a Tursai slightly bigger then himself rapidly swimming towards him.

---

"I'm good, thank you." Trevor said, looking down at Meritursas. "HEY! IS THE CRANK THINGAMABOB FINISHED SPARKING?"

• Like 1

Meritursas is unaware of the Tursai headed towards him.  "I am unsure."  He tells Trevor.  "Perhaps we should first attempt to use it on someone a little less...vulnerable...than you..."

Suddenly, he tastes something in the water.  It's that of an unfamiliar Tursai.  A Hunter.  It is getting stronger by the second.  He peeks under the surface just as his aggressor reaches him.

The Tursai stopped right in front of him, and a childish voice called out.

"let them go!"

This would of been much more threatening if the Tursai didn't look much younger then Meri, and if it's voice was actually, y'know, threatening. 

• Like 1

"attack? what? i'm not going to attack them. i'm stopping you from eating the humans on the ship! what else would i be doing? if i wanted to attack the ship i would of done so already." The Tursai says, tilting it's head in curiosity.

Meritursas pauses, wracking his head.  Jakob?  Maybe one of them was...he tried to remember what they called eachother...the small furry thing was Famime?  No, he was pretty sure that wasn't human...what was the cowardly one's name again?

"i...don't know."  He replies awkwardly.

Edited by Battal
  • Like 1