Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"Oh? You have markings?" Silven said as he quickly looked over Famens left arm. "And what is your standing in your community? This is difference from mine, and why would you wish to conceal this?"

Edited by Mezukie

The dragon turned her head around, slightly annoyed, and revoked Wheke's Tiny Trevor holding privileges by picking him up and putting him back in her pouch where he wouldn't keep falling. 

She then turned her attention back to the new dragon, which appeared to be of the fire variety, was considerably larger than her, and had the ability to speak humans speak. She had heard of dragons that could fluently speak the humans tongue, but had never encountered one before. Judging by his size and confidence, he must have a large mound of shinys.

Dragon approached the new dragon, Cinis, not exactly cautiously, but slowly, and circled him a few times to examine and get a good sniff of him. She didn't worry about showing her injuries. This dragon was not part of her pack, and would have no business culling her.

(Just for reference, in dragon years, Dragon is about the age of a 10 - 12 year old.)

"They~" Famen trailed off for a moment. Then started speaking in a lower, softer voice. "They stand for the amount of times I've.......lost control." Famen said, he didn't wanna say the other word. Famen shook it off and covered his arm again. "So, Silven, when did you arrive?"

• Like 1

"Late at night, I was flying in that storm and I had to land. Which lead me here to find you and your kind, and some other races," Silven said. He wondered what he meant by lost control and why that would need be recorded as markings but he assumed it was just his races way of marking.

Meritursas picks up speed, and in seconds he has caught up to the whale.  This one is quite a bit bigger than the other one he fought; almost half his length.  He wraps his tail around it, holding it secure.

(Sorry, finished my last finals and school ended so parties.)

(Even after reading everything I don't know where everyone is at :L)

Turner is having a lot of trouble processing the situation. So many creatures he hasn't seen before! He approaches Famen and whispers, "Sir, what would you have me do in this situation?" 

Cinis took note of what Meritursas said. If there was another creature going around his territory, he wouldn't have taken it half as good as Meri did.

Then one of the creatures from the group, another dragon, started circling around him. Cinis's head followed the curious dragon as she moved around him. "Ah. A congener." he had never seen this type of dragon before, and inspected her as she did with him. "Do you speak? Human tongue? Or perhaps, in roars?"

---

Viridis looked at how Syndir had buried himself like Jaw had. "Why did you... do that? Oh! Did you make a... statue of yourself, and want to prove... how much it looks like you?" she asked.

"Roars. I cannot use humans speak." is roughly what Dragon's reply translated to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aw, it's okay." Kate reassured, seeing Noctimus seeming sad that he couldn't help her. "You could still help me get back to the mansion or the boat. I... kinda got lost..."

"That is acceptable, as it is not easy to learn." Cinis told Dragon, in roars. "Hmm... your type is unfamiliar with me. Do you care to inform?"

---

Viridis didn't understand what Syndir was doing. "Why are you... waving your hand like that? Am I standing on your... statue?!" She quickly jumped away from her position. "Ohh... my apologies! I did... not know..." she said with a sorry look on her face.

Edited by RyanandLink

Meritursas is about to catch the whale, when he notices a faint blue light rapidly rising from below.  His eyes widen, and he quickly stops, trying to twist around and swim away.  Before he can escape to a safe distance, a massive, transparent set of glowing jaws burst out of the murk, gaping wide as they rocket towards the unfortunate mammal.

the tree hungers.png

(Picture half-assed for reasons)

• Like 7

The blue whale's eyes widen. He tries swimming onto a nearby island to escape the glowing maw. Who knows? Maybe being a beached whale won't be so bad. He could work on a tan or whatever beached whales did.

Maxwell help me.

Edited by Chris1488

It's far too late to escape now.  The jaws snap shut around the whale, their toothy edges barely missing Meritursas's tail.  Its shilloette is visible through the strange transparent material that makes up the creature.  A deafening, flicking groan is head as the glowing monstrosity flails its head around to daze the whale.

The blue whale is dazed. He saw a bright light which was totally not the Tursai's glowing throat. W-was that his friend? How was he there? He tried swimming down the throat to investigate.

Rip blue whale. Pages 243-244

Swam into a Tursai's throat in search of his dead friend.

• Like 1

The glowing blue creature sinks back into the abyss, the light slowly fading away and vanishing.  Meritursas has a moment of sudden realization, and starts heading back to the island.

(Up to you if he finds anything else.)

Trevor was shivering in his boots. For one thing, this dragon didn't look very friendly. Another thing, it could talk. Two of man's greatest fears! 

---

Noctimus gestured Kate to follow him, and began skittering his way towards the beach, unaware of the horror awaiting him. Dragons, a fluffy little dragon person, and a otter! Three of shadow pup's greatest fears!

---

The human carelessly tossed the logs into the ring of stones, then took out and began playing with a small device of some sort. It flicked a lever a few times, until a tiny flame sputtered to life from the tip, which it then touched to the pile. Small streams of fire began to spread across the wood, until the entire pile became enveloped by bright yellow flames. The human stared into the crackling fire with fondness, before sitting down and taking out a few handfuls of grass from its pocket. Wiffleball? watched as it began weaving the strands together, creating what looked to be a basket. Casually, it laid the newly-made trap down on the beach - right next to a familiar-looking crabbit den. Wiffleball? blinked a few times. He'd never seen anything use grass like that, or even try and catch a crabbit without chasing it down. Clearly this human was much, much smarter than he'd given it credit for. He nervously glanced around, making sure he was alone. No other shadows nearby. Well, maybe...he could stick around and watch. Just for a little while.

He ended up visiting her the next day, and the day after that, and then the day after that. It became his own personal secret, that he'd come by every day to watch her. Weeks passed, maybe a month - he wasn't too sure. The human's base grew bigger, with new things like a stone pot on sticks and a ball-shaped machine, and later on, rows upon rows of berry bushes and other exotic plants. But one day, as Wiffleball? came by to check on her, he noticed that she wasn't looking too well. She kept rubbing her forehead and nervously glancing around, like she was afraid of something, even though there wasn't anything else around. He wasn't sure what was wrong with her, but he was almost certain she'd just looked directly at him, if only for a moment.

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 5