Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(No need to worry. My grandparents' house has internet.)

The dragon nodded at Wheke's praise and turned her head around, spotting the large dragon that had suddenly appeared near the boat. She froze, eyes wide and her sore leg held up, like a deer caught in headlights. (Just for clarification, Cinis is a bit bigger than dragon, right?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now calmed, Kate set down the pup and gave him a few pets. "Uh... You see him, right?" She asked, pointing to her brother.

"Hmm." He makes a little leap over Famen to move closer to Meritursas. "Say, serpent. What creature are you exactly? A snake of such size I have only ever witnessed in books." Cinis asked. 

Viridis looked at Otto. "Wait...! Those little creatures are not... for hunting..." she yelled. "Huh... that voice..." She turned around only to see Cinis stand next to Meritursas. Cinis! A familiar face! She dropped what she was doing and walked over to him. "Cinis..." Viridis said and went to hug his arm which he was using to stand on the ground. 

"What is this creature doi..." Cinis was saying, but saw it was Viridis hugging his arm. "Oh, Greenroots! How good it is to see you." he also realized there were more people there. "Ahem." Cinis quickly shoved Viridis away from his arm to prevent more awkwardness.

Meritursas was about to reply to the rock-lizard-fire-insect-thing, but it almost immediately turned away from him and gave someone else his attention.  Uh, rude.  He sits there in silence, keeping a watchful eye on the creature.

(Yes, he's almost-Deerclops size)

Cinis was silent for a little bit, when he remembered he asked the massive snake a question. "Well?" He said, looking back at Meritursas. 

---

Viridis, being used to Cinis's attitude, went back to Jaw, Gilda, Otto and the rest who were at the sand castle. She sat down and began thinking.

Kate's brow scrunched again. "Meri can't see him, or hear him, and I don't know why. I know you, Wiffleball, and Syndir have all seen him, so I wanted to see if you all could still see him or if something changed." She explained, pausing to think for a second. "Do you know where Wiffleball is? Maybe he won't see him anymore..."

"No. I have never seen a creature such as yourself. Not in person." He replied. "And I do wonder. How do you fit yourself on the deck of that ship? It seems a little small in size compared to you." Cinis asked the Tursai. It didn't occur to him that he could be a sea creature, since he was on land.

Silven stopped petting the Markless creature. "You must be of a pet to someone, or thing, right? Who might be the one to own one such as yourself?" he asked, hoping to know that there was ones of the high class here. Perhaps someone who has the same background as he does.

(I think she's talking about Angelle, @Chris1488.)

(Also, shouldn't Cinis be giving Syndir a heart attack?  Y'know, because he actually looks like an enormous Dragoon?)

Meritursas approaches the rock-fire-lizard-insect-thing.  "I...do not believe...you were invited to this group."  He growls.  "what business...do you have...here?"

• Like 1

Otto puts the crab away in an imaginary pocket (cos DS logic) and puts on a pirate hat (but not a pirate expression, just to avoid confusion). "My name's Otto, Otto the Otter" He looks around as a couple had a complete look or surprise and disbelief on their faces. "Aw c'mon! As if you haven't seen a talking animal before!" Otto crossed his arms and frowned.

Then Viridis made a comment about the crabs not being food. "What are you talking about? I've eaten crab before! I'm also really hungry right now... I've been swimming for days."

Syndir kind of freaked out and threatened him with his staff. "Careful there dude, there are some people here you don't wanna threaten"

Then Jaw (almost said Dwer XD) shouted out something that concerned Otto. "Is he ok? Cos you're gonna have to kill me first before serving me up as food and let me just say, I won't go down without a fight"

(Before anyone asks/assumes, Otto is not a sea otter. Tbh, I don't know what species of otter he is *shrugs*)

• Like 1

On 20/5/2016 at 4:33 PM, Youknowwho said:

"H-hey Wheke. That was quite the ride, huh?" Tiny Trevor said, sitting down.

16 hours ago, Youknowwho said:

Jaw's yelling causes Tiny Trevor to fall off of Wheke's hand and onto the dragon's back. 

(Replying for Dara as she is asleep ^^)

Wheke: "Ah, yes it was! I want to do that agaaaand he's gone"

Edited by DwerBomb
  • Like 1

Meritursas shrugs.  "So long as you can feed yourself."

"Speaking of which, I must hunt.  If when I come back...you have caused trouble...we will have...a problem."

He wriggles into the water and swims away.  Ah, it was nice to be back in his element.  All that squirming across sand and dirt and rocks had left his underbelly scratched and sore; but now he could finally move around freely.  How humans and other land-dwelling creatures could deal with that on a day-to-day basis, he had no idea.

(Alright, Chris, what does he find?)

Silven followed the Markless creature over to another Markless one it seems. "Greetings Markless one owner of the Markless creature. I am called Silven, may I inquire what you and your creature are labeled as?"

Off in the distance, Meritursas hears a deep, sad call, echoing through the waves.  Chills run up and down his spine, but he ignores it and sets off after his quarry.  The whale is a short distance away, and already his piercing eyes can make out its shape in the gloom.