Mena's Random Arts of Stuff and Things

MenaAthena

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

Was there a plant nearby that it made you want to draw them or was it the colors that inspired you?

I dunno. I was just lying in bed like "I wanna draw something. Maybe a flower" and hibiscus was the flower that came to mind.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

What's washi tape?

I love the color scheme you used on this. The blue has a aquatic look to it.

1 hour ago, geni0529 said:

Same question as Minespatch what’s washi tape?

I really like the tattoos on her, or at least I’m assuming they’re tattos, it’s really cool!

It's tape made from a Japanese paper. It cuts pretty easily and peels up without tearing the paper, so you can lay it down in an area and cut away excess without damaging the drawing underneath. The parts that aren't patterned are also kinda transparent so that's neat.

2 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

It's tape made from a Japanese paper. It cuts pretty easily and peels up without tearing the paper, so you can lay it down in an area and cut away excess without damaging the drawing underneath. The parts that aren't patterned are also kinda transparent so that's neat.

Okay, I'm familiar wish washi paper due to my love of origami, but I have never heard of washi tape before. Is it as thin as normal washi, or is it thicker so it doesn't rip? And do you get it in rolls or sheets?

34 minutes ago, Rjazz said:

Okay, I'm familiar wish washi paper due to my love of origami, but I have never heard of washi tape before. Is it as thin as normal washi, or is it thicker so it doesn't rip? And do you get it in rolls or sheets?

I've never used just washi paper before (at least I don't think. I did some origami with patterned paper before many years ago but I don't know if it was Washi) so I couldn't tell you if it's thicker or not, but I imagine it is a little even if just because of the added adhesive. It comes in small, narrow rolls, which you can see here next to the tiny sketchbook I bought (and decorated) with them.

20180220_113538.thumb.jpg.d6815416245e666b57df1a27d56d8244.jpg

Just now, MenaAthena said:

I've never used just washi paper before (at least I don't think. I did some origami with patterned paper before many years ago but I don't know if it was Washi) so I couldn't tell you if it's thicker or not, but I imagine it is a little even if just because of the added adhesive. It comes in small, thin rolls, which you can see here next to the tiny sketchbook I bought (and decorated) with them.

20180220_113538.thumb.jpg.d6815416245e666b57df1a27d56d8244.jpg

Ooh, that's pretty neato! I might have to get myself some, looks like it'd be great for arts and crafts!

Drawing idea I had at 1:30 AM:

5ab2b686d1915_egg.thumb.png.3f5345a4aac58c428a6ee648777afc08.png

And a pal of mine, Bringer of Doom, made lineart of our D&D group and I colored it. The characters were colored it with alcohol based markers and I did the background and some little effects digitally.

5ab2b775554f0_MisfitswithlineartbyBringerofDoom.thumb.png.7f06ba79028f3451380f1d5f7c7e0976.png

I wasn't sure how I felt about markers before, but I think I'm starting to warm up to them.

Archived