Mena's Random Arts of Stuff and Things

MenaAthena

1 hour ago, Youknowwho said:

so many cylinder head heart robots, so much more effort put into the French one

Fun fact: the original design had an oval shape, but I couldn't get it looking like shiny metal so I changed it to a round-ended cylinder because I knew how to make that look like metal. :3

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

How long did you add those wrinkle textures? Nice work on the details.

Um, not that long actually. I drew the whole thing in a bit under and hour and saved the wrinkles for last. I just kinda lightly squiggled my pencil in a way that emulated the patterns.

Splash.thumb.png.26d71f434e35bcec49b4844b28989360.png
sample.thumb.png.a9ba9113a6223f8f58f7ea84955040cb.png

Hey I’m not dead

I actually drew this almost a month ago, but it was for an art themed T-shirt designing challenge (Draw with Jazza’s Challenge of the Month if you’ve ever heard of it) and I wanted to wait until after the contest was over before sharing it. I didn’t place, so I’ve been contemplating putting it up in my RedBubble page that I’ve been neglecting, even just so I could wear it myself. I don’t remember reading anything in the terms and conditions that said I couldn’t, so v( ’-’  )v 

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Didn't instant noodles get his title changed because the phrase was offensive?:wilson_ecstatic:

I don't think it was because it's necessarily offensive, but it does have a negative connotation, as nowadays when someone calls someone else a special snowflake it's usually in a mocking, sarcastic way.

3 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

I don't think it was because it's necessarily offensive, but it does have a negative connotation, as nowadays when someone calls someone else a special snowflake it's usually in a mocking, sarcastic way.

What?! But snowflakes are nice and pretty! :(

Ladies and gentlemen, the best thing I have drawn to date maybe. Also the longest I've worked on.

599e20d778fdc_TerrariaWIP.thumb.png.6f77658313b764c5ddf57744265fba89.png

The subject really isn't anything special; it's the playable character I ended up with in a multiplayer Terraria run and I just liked how it looked. What possessed me to put so much time and effort into this specifically I have no idea. None the less I'm pretty proud of how this turned out. Hopefully next time I try to do something with this amount of detail I'll be faster at it. I do feel like I've learned a bit.

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Not sure why but the first thing that comes to mind is Yuigoh, might be due to Takahashi's colors and lines work.

Why does she wear a fez?

Huh. I guess it's something of a coincidence, as my only experience with Yu-gi-oh (or however you spell it) was when I played the card game at a much younger age. And that one time my cousin lent us a Yu-gi-oh game for the PS2 for a bit. v( '-' )v

'Cause it looks cool.

20170827_153702.thumb.jpg.3dffeabba27d1b82de5772cf98bac0f1.jpg

An umbrella/parasol Waddle Dee I made with pencil, ink pens, colored pencil, and mainly Sharpies. I know sharpies aren’t the best art material because they don’t blend like higher end art markers, but my dad bought a pack of them and the colors looked so pretty I wanted to make something out of them. ^u^’ 
This has actually made me want to try using better markers like Copies, y'know, when I can afford them.

32 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Poor Waddledee seems to be quiet a lot on these forums lately but I hope they see this. :wilson_smile:

Nice work on this, looks really clean.

She may be quiet on the forums right now, but she is active on Discord and I shared it in a server she's in. She liked it.

14 hours ago, minespatch said:

Poor Waddledee seems to be quiet a lot on these forums lately but I hope they see this. :wilson_smile:

Nice work on this, looks really clean.

13 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

She may be quiet on the forums right now, but she is active on Discord and I shared it in a server she's in. She liked it.

She's always watching.

Archived