my first opinion on the "new" forums

jbeetle

This may be all in my head, but I feel like this upgrade made the forums load faster. While it feels less compact, it responds quicker. I also like how the quote button is laid out.

#2cents

edit: ACK Youtube video previews load fully in signatures now! Even as a Lets Player, I don't like that :S

I still have some basic theming adjustments I want to make. But overall, I am pretty happy with it. The forums are actually slower than they will be later as well because there is a lot of stuff going on in the background, moving files, converting posts and all kinds of other stuff.

One of my favorite things are the notifications, really makes it easier to hang out and see what's going on. The unread content section is really convenient too. 

14 minutes ago, grekon said:

Is there a way to turn off notifications? I'm playing Don't Starve and the don't starve notifications are popping up, so annoying...

You can change notification settings here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/notifications/options/

If you all have opinions on notification settings, please let me know. Particularly which ones are currently default on that you would prefer not be. I know I turned a bunch off right away, but I get a lot more notifications than many of you. 

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You can change notification settings here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/notifications/options/

If you all have opinions on notification settings, please let me know. Particularly which ones are currently default on that you would prefer not be. I know I turned a bunch off right away, but I get a lot more notifications than many of you. 

Thx.

My problem was when I left the chrome on the recent update thread. It started giving me sound notifications and pop ups in bottom right corner when people made posts. I had to leave the thread to play in peace. I just turned off the sound notification but I don't think that solved the problem in any way.

It'll probably end up taking me just as long to get used to this as it did last time around. Oh well.

I seem to be having a hard time finding statuses when I go to a person's profile, yet I can see they still haven't been completely abolished? It just sorta shows all the posts/likes they've made right there on the front, which I'm not sure I like.

4 minutes ago, JoeW said:

When you click on another users name, you don't go straight to their profile with their status feed?

I do, but that feed is also the same feed as the post feed and the like feed and the follow feed. For the status specific feed, I have to go to "See their activity" and then "Status update", which is fine, I guess, but I'm not sure I particularly care about all of their individual posts and likes and friend requests. And if I do, those are the things I would want to go into "see their activity" to find.

Granted, I could just be stuck in my old ways.

Archived