You know who. The name we never say.

greenglacier

8 hours ago, greenglacier said:

You're just making me even more confused.

woa @__@. Ok, Zomnat and UnionGaming are completely different, Zomnat was banned a long time ago, he was banned before last year summer. While Union joined this forum around october. He was behaving normally until he created the what i'd like to call, a "number troll". Long story short, he got banned.

He was probably a relatively young poster, even for this forum. I remember when I was on a completely different forum at a young age, almost ten years ago now. Always startin' fights with other users and getting into antics. That forum had considerably less on the line for immature users, but this one has a rep to uphold. You pickin' up what I'm putting down?

Honestly, I'm kind of curious too. Mack is only ~19 days my senior and he somehow knows all about it, whereas my knowledge of the phenomenon is nil. At this point zomnat is more like a sort of bogeyman story the older forumers tell the younguns to eat their vegetables or something.

32 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

NAPSTABOY!

hey..............................

On-topic, I've actually asked a lot of the old forumers about this in the past, but for some reason they all replied with really vague answers along the lines of, "He was a person who did bad things," or "I don't want to talk about it." I think I remember someone (actually, I think it was Mack) apologizing for siding with them once, but even then they were pretty nebulous about it.

He must've been bad if he managed to troll the entire forums into PTSD, though.

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Blazingice26 said:

I'm honestly kind of convinced at this point that Zomnat is actually just a sort of in-joke that never actually happened, but people always talk about it in hushed tones to mess with the newbies.

I've seen some of his posts scattered around here and there in the Off-topic section.

I can assure you it's not a joke, sadly.

Something really happened and I want to know. Curiosity, why...

He was just some dude who got banned. He used to screw around all the time and when I asked him to not do things, he would continue to do it. He didn't even do anything particularly bad as I can recall, he just wouldn't follow the rules. He would specifically target people and just post nonsense on their threads to upset them. Not even bad, he just wouldn't stop. Some of it was because he annoyed people and they would instigate him to get himself in trouble. 

MOST of the time, I can avoid banning people. MOST of the time. When somebody gets banned it's only because they made a specific choice to not follow the rules and treat others with respect.  

He did start some alt accounts he would try to use screw with people, but not tied to anybody well known here. And then some other people made fake accounts with his name. 

So when new members would come in to off-topic and act crazy they would get accused of being Zomnat or somebody else that everybody is annoyed with, which is super disrespectful to new people; not to mention the person they are being accused of being. Then people would start posting discussions about him, like this thread to which I eventually had to tell people to drop it, apparently creating some sort of controversy for which he really doesn't deserve. Really, you could just look up his post history.. I don't usually delete things unless they are super inappropriate. 

Generally, I don't like to talk about people who were banned. Mostly because I don't think that it's fair in the sense that they can no longer post and it only encourages them to come back to "defend" themselves from what is being said.

Frankly, I usually lock threads like this because it gets rumors started, but I left it thinking you would drop it after a while.

@JoeW, thank you for clearing things up. To be honest, I didn't care about "zomnat", it's a story of the past that would never come back, and the way people talked about it is more than exaggerated. But having trustworthy confirmation that it is, in fact, nothing remarkable appeases me never-the-less.

But I have a question, purely out of curiousity (else I would have just liked your post). How exactly did he/she try to establish alternate accounts? I assume you just banned his account at first, and his IP later.

Archived