DragonMage's Drawing Pad

DragonMage156

Brain: Wait we have to draw this? But I just thought of another cool thing!

Me: I don't think we should delay these any lo-

Brain: DO ET!!

And so I bring redraws of my first (official) OC drawings. Starting with Red obviously:

5af2d1e1ace8b_Red(1).thumb.jpg.482c94a46e911c4d6bc67b5cf96fbdbb.jpg

5af2d1e2c89c0_Red(2).thumb.jpg.0ef9d9dfe9b368e461a5fac57b87e3ae.jpg

I kinda wanna bring back the roundness of his nose a little.

Fluffy:

5af2d1e42401c_Fluffy(1).thumb.jpg.803d7d72cafbbe8cea05c7e1466556bd.jpg

5af2d1e58f9b2_Fluffy(2).thumb.jpg.125e1ad953c6a043fca844487eadd61c.jpg

I'm quite proud of this, especially the flute one.

Ted:

5af2d1e71007a_Ted(1).thumb.jpg.b1b761d6a2e98b664e787310d66433a5.jpg

5af2d1e87d79a_Ted(2).thumb.jpg.fe641f5ab328d8e1be87348d648181e5.jpg

Cluelessness, remastered in HD.

Otto:

5af2d1e9c7b0f_Otto(1).thumb.jpg.8288306879c9b8d4931ebea346d12845.jpg

5af2d1eb616d4_Otto(2).thumb.jpg.ec20cc90a9410b45c7487a8e5315557e.jpg

2015 vs 2018.

And before you say it, it's extremely apparent how much more expressive my form of drawings has become.

Now to slink off to finish my dragon OCs as Spyro characters drawings... and then hopefully finishing my actual drawings from last year.

• Like 2

Thanks! ^_^ As for the other thing I mentioned:

5af3a0705bb76_OGSpyrodragons.thumb.jpg.252df7973409a57a35e2aaa72407a7d2.jpg

You know these two dragons right?

Spoiler

sunrider_s_fabulous_pose_by_dragonmage15

stormcaller_by_dragonmage156-dagiz35.jpg

Some pics if not.

Well surprise surprise, I drew them as OG Spyro characters ^_^ though unlike Spyra, they won't be too confusing to the original due to different colours and shapes.

I used a ref of Flame (Spyro: A Hero's Tail) for Sunny and kinda went for a similar pose for Storm(y). The only think I'm not sure about is Stormy's head. I simplified it and even shrunk it but I still think it could be better. We'll have to see. After all these are just concepts. (Also should his name be Stormy or Storm? I'm not entirely sure...)

Though I honestly think these guys could run their own game/adventure. I even have mechanics for them and how they could work.

Sunny

• Fire breath
  • Glide
  • Charge
  • Head bash
  • Climb
  • Swim

Stormy:

• Electric breath (can kill large armored enemies)
  • Glide (not as well)
  • Climb
  • Can't charge or headbash due to lack of horns (but will probably get a substitute physical attack. A close ranged head swing maybe?)
  • Can't swim

And I think Sunny may need Stormy to clear/unlock a certain area (much like in Piglet's Big Game with Tigger and Pooh). I may have more in the future (like Firescale or maybe even a sea dragon character) but we'll have to see.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

I think you should take what you learned from your spyro drawings and apply them to your original dragons. The spyro art has better fundamentals of design.

Yeah I've learnt a lot from drawing Spyro themed stuff. Two of which being shorter/proper leg proportions and smoother body shape. I have dragon drawings I need to finish in the future anyway so it's good practice :)

• Like 1

I already posted the Spyro draft so I'll leave that out (it's now up on DA though).

Decided to do an early upload? I finished an older drawing while working on the newer ones and decided to do an upload with that. I think if I lessen the amount I do, I can get atleast 2 (maybe 3 if I'm lucky) art uploads a month. The more art I upload, the better. So without further ado...

Scarf Fluff (or Fluffy Scarf :p )

scarf_fluff_by_dragonmage156-dcbqefa.jpg

All you need in Winter ^_^ I would have done one for Summer but I wasn't feeling it with the draft so I scrapped it.

Fera and Otto Banter:

fera_and_otto_banter_by_dragonmage156-dc

An older drawing from last year I decided to finish! (Might do the other one at some point). I forgot where the idea came from but this probably happen sometime during their first encounter (she probably out smarted him some way >u< )

• Like 2

I know I probably posted him here before but now he's up on DA and I can't remember if I have or not so look at him again!

timmy_the_gryphon_by_dragonmage156-dccpw

Also another drawing from other a year ago I decided to finish:

a_change_meeting_by_dragonmage156-dccpwz

Probably a prequel to that earlier Otto one. I remember this was somewhat background practice (I think) but there's not a lot of background or detail at all. Well gotta start somewhere. In hindsight, I probably could have added more to the building.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, minespatch said:

What probably needs work is the shadow underneath Otto. OTherwise you could try drawing some brick texture on the wall?

Thanks for the info. Also adding a corner to the wall might also help with dimensions and wall placement (I think that's right) but chances are I won't be revisiting this drawing ( ._.)

• Like 1

Guess what, I drew more chibis. I'll call this one... Chibi Sleep :p

5b1481932c3a7_ChibiSleep.thumb.jpg.b3a6fa3c41b04324a1421886120370d9.jpg

@EgotisticalRaven has a tendency to stay up late and never sleep at the right time (coming from the artist that was up till 2am drawing this XD )

Also added spikes to the tail to make it look more draconic. Some peeps on Boof said it looked more demonic before so I decided to try some things. Don't expect scale definitions though ^^;

This is just a messy draft and will be edited in the future but till then, I have other stuff to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seaside Ria:

seaside_ria_by_dragonmage156-dcdun5p.jpg

Wanted to draw her looking out at the sunset from a ledge and a city background. I did good on the background but I didn't want to colour it incase I messed up but I might revisit it in the future ^_^

Whiskers has a (mostly) human OC:

ria_and_whiskers_by_dragonmage156-dcdun6

Animu eyes again. I think Ria's eyes are a little too low, otherwise it's a pretty good piece :p I like the little detail I did with Whiskers' dog tags(?). I forgot his actual whiskers ^^;

Oh I was about to post my Dragom here but just remembered that's technically DS >u<;;

---

Oh I almost forgot, I made this Sig sona (persona for a Sigmund Corp/TtM) for this AU on Discord

5b1d096feb44a_SigRiawithshading.thumb.png.3b10ed1a88d626fffc76ea44be7e8580.png

Quite proud of it ^_^

• Like 2

Nice work on the background! The colored touch adds something that a monocolor background wouldn't have added.

Whiskers used to be in the military?:wilson_shocked:

Great work on the digital stuff! You could slap that on a stock image of a forest if you wanted.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Thanks 1