DragonMage's Drawing Pad

DragonMage156

1 hour ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

all i can say that you can draw them in the way you think it's alright,in the way that you like.Maybe you can try and draw them in a fitting enviroment or make a cool deawing of them.I don't know if this helps but i'm just saying

I thought the DS environment was a pretty good start ^_^ but I'll (re-)draw some of my side-line OCs so you can get a good idea. For now, have some old and recent sketches of them (mostly old though. Like... "last year" old)

My first design of Monty (bare in mind, this was last year and before I looked up tips on how to draw anthros properly):

new_rat_character__needs_a_name__by_drag

He pretty much used to be homeless and have to look for food in dumpsters and such. Tat was until Red found him one night and desided to take him in.

dumster_rat_by_dragonmage156-d8mlgl9.jpg

Believe it or not, he was originally created for this FNAF/OC crossover thing I did last year, simply cos Chica had no one (OC) to hang out with.

monty_and_chica_by_dragonmage156-d8mlglw

"Geez, this pizza's like rubber!"

If you've seen "How to make FNAF not scary", you'll get the reference :p

I Watch this person on DA who does these adorable little dragon sculptures. One of them was a dragon and a mouse. It gave me an idea (with a more of a sad mood) for a drawing.

monty_s_first_love_by_dragonmage156-d8qq

These were before I got my pet rats so obviously Rodney didn't exist at the time. I did do an unfinished drawing one time but I can't seem to find it anymore :/

Moving on to Batsy! Now Batsy is a fruit bat (cos they're cuter than vampire bats 0_0) and giving him the gift of clumsiness (cos the thought of him waving to his friends and falling from the ceiling is just hilarious XD). Here's the old drawing:

bat_character__needs_name__by_dragonmage

And here's a drawing from a few months ago:

bat_character__2016_version__by_dragonma

I still didn't have a name for him so I decided to use Batsy in the end -_- I didn't like the name at first but I think it's starting to grow on me. Still, any other suggestions would be nice.

Lastly (for now) my (still unnamed) black hawk character:

new_black_hawk_character___villain__need

going_in_for_the_kill_by_dragonmage156-d

I got the black hawk character from the game Quintessence but since it was a predatory bird, I decided he can be the bad guy trying to catch Red and his friends. I even thought to include him in Red and Fluffy's backstory ^_^

Like I said I will redraw these characters eventually, I just don't have a lot of ideas right now.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 9

I know I said I would post the side OCs next but I had a lot of unfinished drawings in my drawing pad at the time. I just wanna post those first. I did however try out different designs with Otto family rather than using the exact same colours for their underbellies ^^;

Otto and his mother:

otto_and_mother_by_dragonmage156-dadbog7

Otto's father:

otto_s_father_by_dragonmage156-dadbknt.j

Sunrider fire:

sun_fire_by_dragonmage156-dadbogb.jpg

The flame was originally gonna stretch across the picture but I liked the pose he had so I reduced the flames a bit ^_^

Ghost puns (remember that status update I posted last month? :p )

ghost_puns_by_dragonmage156-dadbofy.jpg

(Oh god... I just noticed... the TYPOS! D:)

My character from Containment:

dragon_girl_by_dragonmage156-dadbofs.jpg

Pink Ted and Bernie (I've wanted to draw this for quite a while ^_^)

ted_and_bernie_by_dragonmage156-dadbofh.\

Red's thicc tail ;)

red_s_thicc_tail_by_dragonmage156-dadbof

I swear this was bigger :/

Sunrider's script:

sunrider_s_script_by_dragonmage156-dadbo

That mask looks familiar doesn't it ;) XD

And lastly, a sketch I did at Uni months back (spoiler cos blood and gore) :

Spoiler

bloody_draco__school_doodles__by_dragonm

I actually like how well the top one looks :p I hope no one at Uni saw it 0_0

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

what i changed bernie into burnie because that's the name that the bear should have or atleast it makes me laugh.And i wrote "fixed" as in fixed for him :^ ).

Oh ok. I was reading what you quoted but could not see that XD

11 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

um... I think I meant to say "please put this into a spoiler b/c its brutal"

Edited. Sorry if I scared some people with that ^^;

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

So @mewthemew showed me her bat OC, Logan...

Reveal hidden contents

HNI_0011.JPG.9fee1e7e494d2a01ffa1f9b8d79

And I wanted to draw a quick little comic of what I think will happen when they first meet :p (Not coloured because I didn't know Logan's colour palette :/ )

batsy_and_logan_1_by_dragonmage156-dae3mbatsy_and_logan_2_by_dragonmage156-dae3mbatsy_and_logan_3_by_dragonmage156-dae3m

I can see a ship starting between these two... or not. Idk.

Y'know, come to think of it, Logan looks more gargoyle-y than bat-like(not just your picture, I just noticed it in general). Ah well. I still think it's coolio :3

EDIT: you have my permission. go ahead start a ship if you want. I'm honestly pretty lax with my OCs

EDIT EDIT: she's actually grey with green eyes. shirt/pants color doesnt matter. she's one of those bug eating bats, not fruit.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 2

ART DUUUUUMP!!

My new ferret OC (finally):

new_ferret_oc__name_suggestions_open__by

She didn't end up having the original colours I was gonna do cos they didn't look good so I went with a light brown instead.

Monty and Rodney (the rat brothers :p ):

monty_and_rodney_by_dragonmage156-dagiz2

Did you know that Monty was the only one at first? That was until I got my pet rats ofcoarse ^_^

Another "Me as a core" drawing:

core_has_a_thought_by_dragonmage156-dagi

She did have something to say but I had forgotten it by the time I finished it so now... it just looks like she's thinking or spacing out XD

Black Hawk (still nameless :/ ):

black_hawk_by_dragonmage156-dagiz2g.jpg

Even for a bad guy, it's quite sad that I don't draw this guy that much.

New Monster OC:

new_monster_oc_by_dragonmage156-dagiz2n.

I wasn't expecting his colours to look like this but I still like it :)

Fun fact: I really like creatures with long ears like this. Heh, maybe that's why I like Ori so much ^_^

Dragon-Frisk/Frisk-Mage:

dragon_frisk_frisk_mage_by_dragonmage156

Yep. Pretty much a DragonMage/Frisk crossover.

Date with Undyne reaction:

date_with_undyne__comicstrip__by_dragonm

I think we all got a little fright from that part ^^;

Some more Otto WaW sketches:

more_otto_sketches_by_dragonmage156-dagi

Idk why the mud on Otto is black tbh *shrug*. Also the bottom one is a little headcanon I have for @Ysulyan's character, Nadas. Hehe, Otto don't like been given baths :p

Here's a second dragon character that I haven't drawn since last year called Stormcaller (he has electric/lightning breath):

stormcaller_by_dragonmage156-dagiz35.jpg

And yes, he has a damaged tail like Toothless -_- I am gonna do a little drawing comparison of the previous Stormcaller soon but if ya wanna have a look now, you can find him in my dragon folder on DA.

And the last one... pff, Idk what to call this XD

dragonmage_in_the_tree_by_dragonmage156-

It originally started as a drawing of DragonMage in Containment (remember when she sat in the tree for pages on end?). Eventually one idea lead to another and... yeah.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed those side OC redraws and such. They'll be more incoming soon :)

• Like 7