DragonMage's Drawing Pad

DragonMage156

Art dump #3

Genderbent OCs:

genderbent_red_and_fluffy_by_dragonmage1

Just a random idea that hit me :p Boy that must feel weird ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 22/02/2017 at 4:52 PM, Ysulyan said:

ayyyyyy.png

chibi_pet_by_dragonmage156-db31iyr.jpg

I wanted to pet him after the webbed spines were gone ^_^

Cookie Jar:

cookie_jar_by_dragonmage156-db31iyt.jpg

So at one point (in one of those threads :? ) @Aileen-Rose gave me a cookie jar for answering something correctly. I would have quoted it but I can't find the post ^^;

Otto meets Otto:

otto_meets_otto_by_dragonmage156-db31iyz

So I wanted to draw SaS Otto scaring someone from WaW and who better than himself.

Oh dammit! I forgot SaS Otto's quote. It was supposed to be something like "LeT's hAVe sOmE fUN!"

I made dragon Ori smol ^u^

smol_dragon_by_dragonmage156-db31iz5.jpg

Hey look, another meme:

red_is_concern_by_dragonmage156-db31izb.

I guess there's more memes for Red than I thought XD

• Like 10

Oops! Forgot one!

On 12/03/2017 at 5:55 AM, Ysulyan said:

my waifu

jealous dm.jpg

Ria can be strong when she wants to be :p

For context, if the picture doesn't explain enough, Ysul commented this on Lipton's art thread. Ria wasn't too happy about it.

Btw, I'm not the controlling type. This was just a funny idea ^_^

• Like 9

Don't mind me, just sh*tposting.

my party edit.png

my sadness.png

Featuring cardboard cutouts of:

@Chris1488

@LiptonPee

@Mezukie

@Mobbstar (actually he did make me a present so let's say he DID attend at some point later :p )

@SirKnight

@Youknowwho

And other randoms that could be anyone... like @MenaAthena, @Paxtonnnn, @Mr.P, @Pyromailmann, @Battal, @Zeklo, @minespatch, anyone else's boy/girl/friend... just for some ideas.

Oh darn! I forgot @Ysulyan didn't I? Don't Worry, I'll make something ;):p

Edited by DragonMage156
Note: This is just a joke and not to be taken too seriously. Just so you know.
  • Like 13

Oh gosh, did I create something great or something unholy? I guess only the gods know.

This is a carry-on from the previously pictures. Now featuring cardboard cut-out @Ysulyan (and a drunk Ria (._. )

Note: It gets worse with each panel XD

later.png

more ysul.png

more ysul2.png

sexy beast.png

attending OCs.png

Fun fact: I was originally gonna use actual members but the concept of her OCs attending her party just seems more sad and desperate XD

Now excuse me while I go drown myself.

(Boy did this turn out to be a fun birthday party XD )

expression.png

• Like 6

Remember when I said I don't celebrate April Fools? Oh you don't? Well if you do follow the thread where I mentioned it there not too long ago...

Spoiler

I lied :wilson_sneaky:

Spoiler

Well not really

Spoiler

I just don't celebrate it IRL cos reasons :?

Spoiler

But I did make a drawing dedicated to April Fools and my OCs

Spoiler

aprl fuls.png

Spoiler

Oops, wrong one

Spoiler

delet otto.png

Spoiler

Hold on...

Spoiler

dafug am i doing.png

Spoiler

Wait...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ah! Here we go!

Spoiler

[Warning: Strong language]

Spoiler

April Fools.png

• Like 3

Ok so y'know how my style consists of simple, cartoony, sometimes cute stuff? Well the reason for that is I can't draw anime or perspective or hair/clothes definition. That was until I tried something last night...

Spoiler

Dragon vs Wolf.jpg

[Click for full size]

Honestly, Idk how the f**k I drew something this good. Like wat? The animu eyes, perspective, good proportions. How! Like... I must have been possessed or somethin' cos cos... 0_0

All I can say is that I'm impressed and when it comes to my own drawings, that doesn't happen very often ^^; (I'm usually neutral, sometimes more or less). This is either gonna be the best drawing of 2017 or will mark the point where my style vastly improves :D

Anyway, more about the scene. So this is called Dragon vs Wolf (after much debate over a good title :p ) it depicts a scene where Ria tried to stop Miki (her older sister) from leaving. You may have seen similar scenes in shows such as Naruto and/or Steven Universe.

Incase some of you don't know, Miki is also the name of my sister irl and her persona is that of a half wolf (named Wolf Princess). How can sisters be two different half species? Simple. OC logic! *Derp*

This idea struck me yesterday and may or may not be related to rl events/feelings from the past. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, enjoy this pencil linework that I have to offer. I've done the drawing in pen so far and hope to trace it digitally eventually (still hope I don't ruin the original :? )

There will be a follow up drawing but that's still in draft stages.

• Like 7

Woah, this is awesome! Even for your standards, it's awesome :p

The poses are wonderful, not stiff but still with lots of energy. I especially like that the hair and skirt flow accordingly! The scene is laid out nicely and the focus of attention is shared well between the two. (Idk if you noticed, but the meteors add noise to Ria's part, balancing her additional details)

However, eventhough it's cool they're looking each other into the eyes...  Mika's eye is way too huge, even for anime style O.o In return, Ria has a banana head :) 

I can't blame you for leaving the back arms out. They're not important to the image and would have been difficult to get right, may as well leave them out.

If we fast-forward a few months, will you be on a high enough level that you can start making digital wonders? :D

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

However, eventhough it's cool they're looking each other into the eyes...  Mika's eye is way too huge, even for anime style O.o In return, Ria has a banana head :) 

Yeah I didn't notice that till it was too late >_< but I'm planning to edit those in SAI when (or rather "if") I digitize it.

17 hours ago, DarithD said:

(no hard feeling, just messing with yah) :p

That's fine. I hardly consider crudely drawn cardboard cut outs friends though XD

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 4

Remember that, Dragon vs Wolf pic? And I said I was making a follow up pic? Well this is it (warning: sad and may or may not be based around true events) :

after the battle.jpg

Now for more light-hearted stuff!

Ori approves cap.jpg

This came from a draft I drew of Fallen Down part 2. It was too cute so I decided to draw it out and add a caption. Now I have a half finished panel among a page of sketches XD

Speaking of the new comic, I finished the prologue but I'm not sure of this is "DeviantArt Quality" or not. I'm not that proud of it (despite the amount of time and procrastination I put into this) and I'm seriously considering leaving out the prologue all together and have flash backs to certain panels:

Fallen Down prologue.jpg

• Like 5

OC and dragon dump!

Otto's job (based off an OC prompt I read a while ago) :

otto_s_job____by_dragonmage156-db79tkt.j

And something unrelated...

otter_trash__minor_language__by_dragonma

I guess you could say he's... otter trash XD (yeah I'm gonna kick myself out after I finish posting these).

Bellet Otter:

ballet_otter_by_dragonmage156-db79tkx.jp

Don't ask, the only context I have is "random idea" but I also kinda resembles that posing Wilson :p

I drew a @DwerBomb:

jaw_by_dragonmage156-db79tl5.jpg

Or his sharx OC rather. I've wanted to draw him ever since I started WaW, I just didn't have a creative enough idea. I guess (Wa)Waving is just gonna have to do :p

Accident:

accident_by_dragonmage156-db79tl7.jpg

Based off something that happened with my pet rats. Monty bit Rodney quite hard on the toe, judging by the amount of blood we saw in the cage. They usually (play?)fight all the time but I resided to separate them while Rodney healed and until someone brought them. It was weird cos I expected Rodney to be the bully. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.

It most likely wasn't an accident but this is how I would have interpreted it.

Shadow Ria:

shadow_ria_by_dragonmage156-db79tlc.jpg

It's a bit dark but I trust you can still see arm definitions and whatnot.

Ted's Tophat:

ted_s_tophat_by_dragonmage156-db79tlf.jp

How does Ted look with DS's tophat? :p

Surprise:

surprise_by_dragonmage156-db79tlp.jpg

I wanted to draw @Youknowwho's rabbit character somehow interacting with Fluffy. Bet he wasn't expecting this ;) and I forgot his spiky ears :? although the reference I jotted down was a bit outdated.

Chargon 2017:

chragon_2017_by_dragonmage156-db79tlj.jp

I really like how well this came out ^_^

And I did a comparison of it too:

drawing_comparison__chragon_v2_by_dragon

Speaking of comparisons...

drawing_comparison__dragon_rider_by_drag

Cringeworthy art of never before seen 2014 >_< atleast it's good for comparison sake.

(If you wanna see them better, you should open them up in a new tab).

Welp that's it for now. Think Next I should work on Fallen Down :)

• Like 7