Example API MOD (same as in the Steam Workshop)

Jason

Hey, @Jason I've got another modding question/request: when I trying to make female enemy it's always looks like for dragging this enemy male animation used: doesn't matter if I use Banks kanim or use .adef from grp_name.anim, she always get male proportions when an agent drag her =/
Is it possible to override somehow?

About "How to make a program" section of help:

You forgot to explain PROGRAM_LIST, PROGRAM_NO_BREAKER_LIST, PROGRAM_BEGINNING_BREAKER_LIST, PROGRAM_BEGINNING_NO_BREAKER_LIST attributes. Without them, mainframe program won't appear in shops. Also, you forgot any of them in example code.

Couldn't modding have been made a tad easier? Not that I'm not grateful of the way soft mods are a thing now, but I just can't get the tools necessary to actually work. I'm perpetually stuck at stage one, unable to open any KWADS to do anything. A pity, really.

14 hours ago, AgentChirthorpe said:

I already have the tool. It just doesn't work for some reason. 

You are opening from the command prompt, yes? (that's the black box with "hackerish" font) If you don't, it doesn't have the required parameters and just closes itself again.

First call the KWAD tool via its path (in windows you can just drag it into the prompt and it will paste the correct path), then before pressing enter, add the flags and parameters (e.g. " -i anims.kwad").

11 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

You are opening from the command prompt, yes? (that's the black box with "hackerish" font) If you don't, it doesn't have the required parameters and just closes itself again.

First call the KWAD tool via its path (in windows you can just drag it into the prompt and it will paste the correct path), then before pressing enter, add the flags and parameters (e.g. " -i anims.kwad").

I'm not very proficient in using the command prompt, though I did open it that way once. Then couldn't make head nor tail of what it was actually saying.

Oh, whatever. I don't see myself being able to make a mod for this game. I'm more an idea-person. Frankly the more practical thing I'd want to do is make agents able to have 8 augment slots or more, maximum (for fun).

Getting agents to have 8 augment slots is surprisingly simple, actually. No kwad tools needed. Simply follow the following steps:

1. Open scripts.zip, located in wherever you put your steam folder/steam/steamapps/common.
2. Open the sim folder.
3. Open the unitdefs folder.
4. Open the agentdefs file.

Now, scroll down until you see " cyborg_1 " (it's a fair bit of scrolling down, around halfway through the file.)

This template represents Sharp, and one of his traits is " augmentMaxSize=6 ", found in " traits = util.extend ", under cyborg_1.

Change this to however many slots you want, and copy " augmentMaxSize=(however many you want) " to your clipboard.

Paste this in each agent's template directly to the right of " mpMax = 8, " and keep it within the " }, " bracket.

Voila! Should work as planned. If you need any more help, just ask :)

REMEMBER TO SAVE before exiting!

Edited by Nickster206

Hey!

I've added support for Drag&Drop. No need to fiddling with this pesky console interface.

Just drag and drop KWAD file onto the KWADTool executable and wait for the extraction process to finish. You can find extracted files close to your KWAD file inside a directory named <your-kwad-file-name>.d

Happy modding! :)

• Like 1

• Developer

I just tried it and it seemed to work ok for me. In the portraits folder of the anims.kwad.d folder I have 

sankaku_drone_face_new.anim

and

sankaku_drone_heavy_face_new.anim

Those zips seem to have all the art in them. 

Am I misunderstanding what you were looking for?