tumblr_o34abbhJ8k1r9qmdno1_1280.jpg

In-between break doodles.

Should probably stop drawing Invisible Inc and start actually playing the game and not fail the tutorial level. Same with Mark of the Ninja. Welp. Maybe stealth isn't my thing.

I am honestly the worst at coding, I've been recycling and editing prefabs already made in the Don't Starve mod my friends and I have been making. But it works, so...

Edited by DextersComicLaboratory
  • Like 6

I made a tumblr blog for Willoughby, mainly to RP with. So far, he's been a really well-received character. I'm so happy. I've interacted with two Wilsons now, which has been fun, considering both of them are the "I've adopted the entire island" type.

Kinda random doodled this. I'm sorry!

Honestly the story of Willoughby's life before the island reminds me of To Kill A Mockingbird. Just a little.

cutest wallpaper tho.jpg

• Like 9

I could right now if I wanted to. I might because I have... no idea how to even start a mod with his lore in it. All I know is it'd be singleplayer.

The lore builds off of Forbidden Knowledge, and please be mindful that it's so easy for Klei to blow a cannonball through this lore.

----

Basically, Willoughby was a little farmer on a ranch about 1/4 a mile from Wilson's shack seen in Forbidden Knowledge. He was raised by a couple neighbors who taught him to stay away from Mister Wilson's shack at the end of the road. He did as he was told and grew up scared of a man he never saw. 

Shortly after Wilson was abducted, detectives came to the house to inspect why he just suddenly went missing. They cleaned out the house after presuming Wilson dead and took the possessions inside away by a truck. Willoughby's ranch, Rock Bottom Ranch, was right by a bend in the road, which the truck took too sharply and spilled a contaminated test tube, a bunsen burner, and the Voxola radio. Willoughby noticed these things and picked them up. He got the contaminated test tube's goo all over his hand, which caused a mutation of sorts. It's weird, because before that he never had a problem with turning into a werebunny on the full moon. The radio coaxed Willoughby to the island similar to Wilson. Willoughby was offered a place to play forever with no worries about farming or selling the ranch.

----

In a mod, I'd probably have it possible to "befriend" survivor NPCs you'd find at camp set pieces, and you'd be given mini-quests based on who you talk to.

• Like 3

Wasn't Wilson and Willoughby related in any way?

5 hours ago, DextersComicLaboratory said:

In a mod, I'd probably have it possible to "befriend" survivor NPCs you'd find at camp set pieces, and you'd be given mini-quests based on who you talk to.

Sounds like a completely different game from Don't Starve :) It may be possible but I know nothing about modding/coding.

3 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Sounds like a completely different game from Don't Starve :) It may be possible but I know nothing about modding/coding.

I made a mini-quest mod ages ago. It was very poorly designed and discontinued for that reason, as well as the "completely different game" factor you mentioned.

But it was working, and it would have worked even better if it'd have used its own quest objects instead of trying to manipulate existing ones...

• Like 1

On March 2, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Mobbstar said:

I made a mini-quest mod ages ago. It was very poorly designed and discontinued for that reason, as well as the "completely different game" factor you mentioned.

But it was working, and it would have worked even better if it'd have used its own quest objects instead of trying to manipulate existing ones...

That was the other concern. It'd also be so huge to code. 

Trying to keep it from deviating from the game would be so difficult. Who knows though. Maybe I'll try to tackle that problem.

• Like 1

I've been wanting to do more surreal and macabre stuff with Don't Starve. The macabre one is going under a spoiler just so I don't freak anyone out. Even if it's not sensitive, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Spoiler

tumblr_o3mz1vJdyw1r9qmdno1_1280.jpg

Wilson needs a flower crown. Or a top hat. Or to prototype himself back to sanity.

chessthing idk.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/2/2016 at 2:28 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Wasn't Wilson and Willoughby related in any way?

Nah. Willoughby was meant to live down a road a little ways away from Wilson's house, but he was told by his neighbors and parents to not get near Wilson's house, so he never did.

There was some talk in the beginning to make them related, but that's a line I don't want to cross with OCs in this community. ;w;

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DwerBomb said:

that makes me curious on Willoughby sees Wigfrid and the other way :0

I kinda wanna draw this after I gather the documents for my passport.

i3334^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

[Horrified viola noises as he watches a warrior devour meaty stew]

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DextersComicLaboratory said:

Last stream, one of the devs playfully brought up Klei skins for DST. Shank Wilson and Ninja Wes were the main two mentioned.

Internationale skin for Willow, anyone?

I always miss these streams -_-

Anyway, how about something dragon related? Ooh, like a dragon onsie! XD