Despite the name, I don't actually draw Dexter's Lab fanart. I just go by that handle because my name is Dexter and I like science, just felt like putting that out there.

So despite lacking most abilities to properly communicate, using art is one method I use to open up to a community. So here goes... something. I hope you enjoy my ability to copy the DS style almost verbatim... I can do other styles too, though, so don't worry.

tumblr_nzk8505ZlF1r9qmdno1_500.png

This little fella is a mod that I'm hoping to actually get on someday. I'm fully aware that before he goes into DST, I need to modify this image. Probably shouldn't have merged the layers. Oh well, live and learn. 

tumblr_inline_nz3gzuZKm71r52aqk_400.png

I doodled that shortly after finding  "volleyball" in Shipwrecked's anim files. The ball's name is Rawlings. It's sentient according to the tags? Pretty ironic to have Wilson screaming about it but, yanno. Gotta draw the fave any time you can, right?

tumblr_inline_nz11y7CAVC1r52aqk_1280.png

"Hello barber, just f**k me up, please." "Say no more, pal."

Yeah, I'm nine times out of 10 never serious about drawing. I just kind of make comics I find funny and wait for others to laugh too. Honestly though, how does one even come up with that hairdo? How do you explain it to a barber?

tumblr_nymdr1wCm71r9qmdno1_1280.png

And that's a doodle for a friend who ships Willowson. and it's totally not like i dont either noooo haha those two together is just silly don't touch me She would make an interesting mod imo.

I also do photo manipulations but none of those are Don't Starve related... maybe I'll show those someday.

Edited by DextersComicLaboratory
You can add tags! Yowza!
  • Like 25

So I run a Wilson blog on Tumblr based some alternate universe I wrote with my friend.

Putting this under a cut because there's Wilson/Willow stuff and I know some folks aren't too keen on that ship. This one was inspired a lot by the one portrait of Wilson and Maxwell that Jeff Agala did.

tumblr_inline_nzq4faX2fJ1txd45n_500.png

• Like 13

So I run a Wilson blog on Tumblr based some alternate universe I wrote with my friend.

Putting this under a cut because there's Wilson/Willow stuff and I know some folks aren't too keen on that ship. This one was inspired a lot by the one portrait of Wilson and Maxwell that Jeff Agala did.

Gee, I wonder who that 'friend' could be. :B

• Like 2

That's really cute! ^w^

Speaking of Willoughby in the first post, I'm going to start to work on a mod of Don't Starve Together for him. I'm putting him in DST because his perks are not applicable in the winter. That means that unless if you have a friend with you, it will be super hard to survive the winter. After all, he is a bumpkin farmer. He's going to do what he does best: Farming. 

Of course, he won't have perks right away. I'll add those in. It'll be like a "Strange New Powers" Update.

• Like 3

I tried poutine for the first time last night and yowza. It really threw my tastebuds off guard at first but it turned out alright. It's not my 100% most favorite food of all time, in fact I probably won't eat it again any time soon because reading the nutritional facts for the gravy made me concerned for my cardiovascular health. But I did really like it. So I'm probably going to change the stats of it before we release it.

Off the subject of a really stereotypical Canadian dish that I added because I'm really starting to grow an interest in moving to there from the US, I drew other stuff once I awoke from my food coma that stuff put me in.

tumblr_o0po5wLAk91r9qmdno1_1280.png

Don't Starve is "1920s-ish", so I drew

Wilson's unimplemented (?) young skin

Wilson, Chester, and Maxwell in said style. This was really fun to turn on some old, old music (1920 was 94 years ago guys!) and research different styles and designs. This era's arts is definitely appealing to me.

• Like 15

Actually, the Scary Scary Scientist tweak proved to be nice on paper, but not in practice.

When you put distance between two players, they're not going to collaborate, or teamwork is severely hindered.

Plus, I figured that Wilson is really not that scary.

Instead, I'm going to reverse the effect. I'll have to add into the "lore" of the mod that these two must have reconciled in some way or Willoughby got over his fear.

Probably the latter.

Wilson needs friends, though.

tumblr_o134kqO5tJ1r9qmdno1_1280.png

I don't plan to expand on Willoughby's relations with others. That's not why he's in the game. Though if I did a singleplayer mod, then yes. I would most definitely expand a lot on that.

• Like 9

I know no one is replying but you're liking my posts at least and that's how I know people are seeing this stuff.

d5154327d972b3b86888ebdd27819d3a.png

Thinking about making this an item in this mod. I came up with the idea when I put on a winter hat I got for my birthday (which was yesterday. Can't believe I'm 20 now). It's a little big, haha. But it does keep you warm so I'm not going to complain.

The idea of a hat being so big that it covers Wilson's eyes seemed rather amusing. This mod is becoming less of just a character mod and more like a free DLC if I just continue on all my ideas. Send help.

spell check
  • Like 10

• Developer

Hahah, nice hat idea! I am really interested in your mod, hope to see it grow more and more!

By the way, I found the secret in your poster. "Please don't kill me Klei", right? I don't think they would xD

I love the poster, by the way! :D

Spoiler

But... upon closer inspection of the poster... WAIT... WHAT'S THAT RIGHT THERE? HOW COULD I'VE NOT SEEN THAT BEFORE? WHEN YOU ZOOM FAR ENOUGH!

3.png.50e3fdac5833b0132da8e0ffce65fbe7.p

And... IF YOU ACTUALLY INVERT THE COLORS THERE!

4.png.356314b14adbed7a2009a5901aa03d3a.p

WILSON IS ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!! THAT'S WHY HE'S SO AFRAID OF HIM! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!

I am so so sorry.

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_nw3oq2Uyls1r52aqk_540.png

"If you’re expecting some sort of chunk of positivity, you’ve come to the wrong guy, pal. I’ve seen lots of things, learned lots of things. Knowledge doesn’t make you any happier. It shows you how painful the world and fate is. And let me tell ya, fella. Pain isn’t something that just goes away. It either makes room in you by eating up what you once were or you become numb. I can’t tell you what it did to me."

I'm shocked I never showed you guys this one!

Let me explain. This is from when the very first dapper Wilson portrait was "leaked" and we knew nothing about it. Like... Even more nothing than what we know now. My first assumption was that this was Wilson's dapper outfit because of being throned. I drew the "screen" thing that's made of shadows because I was trying to make my friends feel bad things. "What if he was throned overnight?" "Or even better, he said he'd go out to get something and he never came back, so now he's forced to watch his friends search for him."

Yeah my current theory is that these are just skins. No big deal. There may or may not be some connection between them and the lore, but we don't even know the lore, so... I mean, I have a theory. But theories =/= canon and I'm not a Klei employee so I literally know nothing.

But the throned thing is why Wilson also looks a lot like Maxwell in that image as well. But let's be real, the original dapper Wilson portrait did look pretty Maxwell-like anyway, with that pipe and all. I really love the new portrait though. Now he just looks like an angry tyrant.

• Like 13

Oct 24 2015:

tumblr_inline_o1jx53skNz1r52aqk_540.png

Jan 26 2016:

tumblr_inline_o1jx5ozImI1r52aqk_540.png

The original was a black and white image of Woodie for @osmRhodey. Looking back, I think he looked so stiff was because Woodie wasn’t an interesting character to me at the time. I saw him as a joke character and nothing more.

Fast forward 3 months, and now Woodie is in my Top 4 favorite characters. He’s unique, he’s polite, and generally a sweet character. 

So, I redrew this for him.

See Also: 

The shaded version I did during my break at college.

woodie thingy.jpg

• Like 8