Shipwrecked Hang Ten (Build 161026) - December 17th

An Hawaiian character; interesting design choice.

So canonically we have a German (Wilson), a Briton? (Willow), a Russian? (Wolfgang), an American? (Wendy), a Dutch (Wickerbottom), a Frenchman (Wes), another Briton (Maxwell) and a Canadian (Woodie) and unknown (WX-78, Webber & Wigfrid)

How did they all end up in Don't Starvia?!

Wilson is german?

@@ i want add hermit crab and coconut crab.them lives in jungle and eat coconut :v kill hermit crab you can get a helmet and coconut crab is one Big Crab On land maybe coconut crab like lobster rock, and i hope someday i can see turtle and go down in deep sea :3

Maybe make it to where the Volcano starts out as well a volcano mound then Lave oozes out and starts to form a little island around it forming magma mounds for us to shovel for flint,rock and other minerals?

Also maybe change the way sand turns into the bottles? Why not make it where you have to build a lightning rod on a beach let it be struck by lightning surrounding it with some kind of glass formation for us to mine and then turn the glass chunks into empty bottles.

Also is there a list of what issues were fixed during this patch. I'd like to know if the controller problems where taken care of. I could find out for sure, but I'm also interested in other bug fixes too.

Oh ho ho! You guys just couldn't miss this opportunity now, could you? Heheh xD

By the way, I love how you guys show us some of the new update things in a treasure map, reminds me of the old times with the circus posters.

This is my favorite update.

The other stuff is cool but I remember seeing this suggestion on the forums here and thinking it was hilarious.

Aftermath of first hail storm of 2nd year.

Um, I am not sure if this is any better than before patch.

I don't think IRL a pile of sand bag can be completely destroyed by hail storm. Sure a major flood can breach a sandbag wall. but I have never heard of sand bag being damaged by hail. Bamboo should make tougher cloth when compare to cotton. The sand within can absorb the impact, even more so when it is soaked with water. And even if the first layer of sandbag does get damaged, the sand will mostly remain in the same spot offering production to the remaining sandbag. 

May be if we can lower the sandbag's height and allow player/mob to pass through it at reduced speed, that will make more scene.

post-378499-0-20417600-1450420145_thumb.

May be if we can lower the sandbag's height and allow player/mob to pass through it at reduced speed, that will make more sense.

Well, actually, IRL, sandbags would be put up at river banks to prevent flooding into towns which would usually be stacked on top of the other to make a wall... so I don't think making them low and have mobs/characters pass through them would make sense...

Just saying...

CAPY & KLEI thank you very much for this update! (especially Mac support) Didn't test everything but changes/fixes/new features look awesome. Also dry season on Mac is flawless so i hope you made some changes under the hood and other seasons wont lag anymore.

Anyway i (we) appreciate your hard work on this and thanks for giving us this before holidays! <3

Well, actually, IRL, sandbags would be put up at river banks to prevent flooding into towns which would usually be stacked on top of the other to make a wall... so I don't think making them low and have mobs/characters pass through them would make sense...

Just saying...

What you have described above is true but that is just because those are the cases where people choose to protect the whole town by reinforcing the river bank. There are many other ways people use sandbags to deal with floods.

IRL, not every floods is a major one that reach water level of 1m and above. For a minor one people will be putting sandbags at their door to protect their home/store. Those are usually less than 0.5m tall. Looking at the flood we have in Shipwrecked I dont think the water level is that high, otherwise we would be riding boat inland.

Where I live there used to be flash flood in the middle of a city. Water would just comes in "from nowhere" and surely placing sandbags some 10km~20km away at the river bank won't help. Floods like that are actually caused by the combined effect of rising sea level (could be the daily tide rise or a storm pushing the sea towards inland) and heavy rain. As the sea level rise the rain water cannot be drained from the sewage system, hence the flood. It has nothing to do with the river bank.

They used to build up sand bags at height of 0.5m. That does not means there won't be any water in the house. It only slow the down the flood and buy time to deal with the situation. Anything more serious than that they will have to retreat to a safer location. That is because the rate of water leakage through sandbag wall is proportion to the water level, and trying to stop water from leaking into the house at that kind of water level just aren't gona work.

Aftermath of first hail storm of 2nd year.

Ughh .... now sandbags went from impenetrable walls to rubbish matter that can't even withstand a hailstorm?

They are even worse than those wilboar houses breaking in the wind.

I guess nerfing them was alright but letting them get destroyed so easily is a little bit too much I would say.

Ughh .... now sandbags went from impenetrable walls to rubbish matter that can't even withstand a hailstorm?

They are even worse than those wilboar houses breaking in the wind.

I guess nerfing them was alright but letting them get destroyed so easily is a little bit too much I would say.

Try placing a few hail right by the sandbag. Those hail will cut through the sandbag like thermite and metal.

It seems more like a glitch then intentional.

Edit: It seems to be related to strong wind. I notice that when I place a hail on floor during strong wind the hail won't break. A sliding hail can destroy 3 sandbags at full health.

What you have described above is true but that is just because those are the cases where people choose to protect the whole town by reinforcing the river bank. There are many other ways people use sandbags to deal with floods.   IRL, not every floods is a major one that reach water level of 1m and above. For a minor one people will be putting sandbags at their door to protect their home/store. Those are usually less than 0.5m tall. Looking at the flood we have in Shipwrecked I dont think the water level is that high, otherwise we would be riding boat inland.   Where I live there used to be flash flood in the middle of a city. Water would just comes in "from nowhere" and surely placing sandbags some 10km~20km away at the river bank won't help. Floods like that are actually caused by the combined effect of rising sea level (could be the daily tide rise or a storm pushing the sea towards inland) and heavy rain. As the sea level rise the rain water cannot be drained from the sewage system, hence the flood. It has nothing to do with the river bank.   They used to build up sand bags at height of 0.5m. That does not means there won't be any water in the house. It only slow the down the flood and buy time to deal with the situation. Anything more serious than that they will have to retreat to a safer location. That is because the rate of water leakage through sandbag wall is proportion to the water level, and trying to stop water from leaking into the house at that kind of water level just aren't gona work.

Point taken. Although I think if they adopt the same mechanic as the regular walls, i. e. stacking/building/reinforcing walls by planting more walls of the same type on them, it would take a few adjustments in the recipe and how may can be made in a single crafting... though they are minor I must agree... on that, the starting wall height would/could be the equivalent of half a tier 1 wall like when you damage one...

Now, slowing down a mob/character when climbing/walking over them... it may need a special animation for climbing over them...

The reason why hail breaks wall is probably to avoid automated gathering in the windy season; Walling off your base would mean you'd never have manually harvest your crops, you'd just run around your base and pick up the mats on the floor.

The idea makes sense but the way it instantly breaks the wall... eh

Maybe if took a minimum of 3 items pushing against the wall to damage it, it would be fairer. This means you can't rely on walls for automated harvest, and that you'd have to quickly grab the mats before there are too many of them pushing against your wall.

FINALLY A USE FOR THAT SPARE SNAKESKIN! Had 2 spare stacks of that stuff after a year. Maybe a Snakeskin Carpet next? One can dream at least.

Well CLoth Sail is still slightly faster. So still not really that big use for Snakeskin :|

Well CLoth Sail is still slightly faster. So still not really that big use for Snakeskin :|

Ty for the info.

So when it come to sailing speed cloth sail is the best, snakeskin sail second and thatch sail is the third?

If that is the case the in-game description is kinda misleading:C

How about the durability?

Archived