A Puzzle for Klei! (...and others who want to try)

Given all the subliminal pictures and codes Kevin and the Klei team have thrown our way to try and find/solve, I've decided to make my own to give back to them. I want to see if they can solve a puzzle that one of their community members thought up. :D I promise you, it does have an answer, it's not just me slamming the keyboard to make something completely random. xD Good luck! And to the community; if you wish to try and solve it too, by all means do so, just be wary of the answer may have already been said in one of the posts!

RMLDPFBL'VIHFBYILTKINZRMTNMWL'GIZUHVEGYFRTRIUFWV

W'RETVRLBFVLHTNSMRGLGVKPVFIBLIZYMRSHIKZ.SPZGMFLB

IULMZVHNDZLVZVNTWNZVPKVKFOZOSVGXVRIMRWOVYPDIL!

1454%11%4631724392446553327434233%10%4

And a Happy New Year to you all!

Solver: Zing_Of_Wind_Village

Good job to all those who contributed too, I'll have to think of another one and make it even harder so it can't be answered in two days. :p

Edited by w00tyd00d

The answer is bacon.

Just look at all of those "B" its obvious!

Let's not turn this into a bacon thread.

And I'm not even going to try and solve that.:p Might I ask how long that took to make?

Agreed. (Although I do love bacon) I wouldn't say more than an hour though lol. I'm just hoping someone at Klei (*cough* Kevin *cough*) would try and take a whack at it. :p I'm not getting my hopes up though because of how preoccupied they must be with the game, but it's just for fun and I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else on the forums would want to try and solve it too. Probably just going to get lost in the forums. xD

Trying to solve this...

Quick question. This puzzle is self-contained, right? I mean we do not need to know anything outside of what is written here. We can solve it by just looking at

right?

Trying to solve this...

Quick question. This puzzle is self-contained, right? I mean we do not need to know anything outside of what is written here. We can solve it by just looking at

right?

Absolutely correct, sorry for the slow response lol. Just woke up...

It cannot be an Atbash or Caesarian cypher, as those letter shifts accomplish nothing but gibberish. The apostrophes obviously do not represent spaces, so I find it only fair if you show us where the spaces in the words are. The numbers and percentage signs also are curious...But really, spaces are needed to solve this unless someone out there has every single cipher ever made memorized.

It cannot be an Atbash or Caesarian cypher, as those letter shifts accomplish nothing but gibberish. The apostrophes obviously do not represent spaces, so I find it only fair if you show us where the spaces in the words are. The numbers and percentage signs also are curious...But really, spaces are needed to solve this unless someone out there has every single cipher ever made memorized.

he is correct I only know the Greek ciphers and they at least have spaces but of course that was for the purpose to get information out without the enemy knowing. Note the only thing I was able to get out of this was "welcome back klei keep up the good work" but I can't even be sure if that's right, and that's four hours of deciphering.

Edited by yiffy

The numbers and percentage signs also are curious....But really, spaces are needed to solve this...

You said it not me.

EDIT: Also don't be shy to share what your thinking of what the code is on this thread; best way to figure it out is to brainstorm with other people.

Edited by w00tyd00d

The numbers at the end of the message are here to indicate you the locations of the spaces in the message.

Each number indicates a word length, or the position of the next space relatively to the previous word.

The % sign is used because some words are more than 9 letters, so it was required to be accurate.

Try this:

R MLDP FBL'VI HFBY ILTKINZRMTN MWL'G IZUHVE GYF R TRIUFWV

W'R ETVR LBF VLHTNSMRG LG VKPV FIBL IZYMRS HIKZ. SPZGM FLB

IUL MZ VHNDZLV ZVNT WNZ VPKV KF OZO SVG XVRIMRWOVY PDIL!

Edited by Naipseht

the answer is.....WHERE IS MY BABY BEEFALO?

Patience, they shall come once the mating season arrives lol. For now, make the time go by faster by trying to solve my code. :D If this can be figured out within a week I'll make another one, can't really compete with the preview videos but at least it's something entertaining lol.

Hmmm... The single R in the beginning could either be 'A' or 'I'.

It doesn't work if the apostrophes are really apostrophes!

but that conflicts with the W'R at the beginning of the second line.

What else could the apostrophes be?

Here's my solution:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1738[/ATTACH]

errrk I forgot to point out that "Mad" should "And" which makes it "WMZ" instead of "WNZ"

also, instead of "u -> t" it should be "u ->g"

Nice job, I didn't figure out the corresponding table to ordered alphabet ABCD which was a reversed alphabet. How did it come to your mind?

I supposed a basic letter translation instead, but did not take time to replace the letters correctly

I used to make stuff like this and then changed it to make new corresponding characters for each letter based on the amount of straight lines and semi circles in the letter.

Wouldn't have been able to solve it without your help though. Your comment was the key piece. At first I was trying to move the letters based on the numbers or remove some letters based on the numbers, but it didn't make any sense. The last part was a guess I figured that the only single letter a sentence could ever have is "A" or "I".

But seriously the your comment showed the path so this is a joint effort.

I used to make stuff like this and then changed it to make new corresponding characters for each letter based on the amount of straight lines and semi circles in the letter.

Wouldn't have been able to solve it without your help though. Your comment was the key piece. At first I was trying to move the letters based on the numbers or remove some letters based on the numbers, but it didn't make any sense. The last part was a guess I figured that the only single letter a sentence could ever have is "A" or "I".

But seriously the your comment showed the path so this is a joint effort.

Yup, the numbers, I saw clearly what they were intended for, the % was the key to understanding their purpose

I also saw the first letter as a I or A, expected a A mostly, but it would have taken me to write up a piece of software to try all the corresponding matching replacements, it is nice that you came to the solution ! :-) Joint effort indeed

Here's my solution:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1738[/ATTACH]

errrk I forgot to point out that "Mad" should "And" which makes it "WMZ" instead of "WNZ"

also, instead of "u -> t" it should be "u ->g"

You, my friend, are clever lol. Guess I'll have to triple check my coding next time to make sure everything's spelled correctly. :p Great job! I'll also have to make it a little bit more harder I suppose...

Good job to all those who contributed too, I'll have to think of another one and make it even harder so it can't be answered in two days. :p

Probably wouldn't have taken only two days if code crackers/experts weren't hanging about. lol