The Grue is Underpowered

No! The game is not fun that way.

If you people want to join an elite team where the game is ridiculously hard, go ahead, but make a separate mode for other people like me who miss the ORIGINAL game and how easy it was... I don't play for the same reasons you do, obviously... but don't ruin it for me! Stop it!

How about TWO MODES - one SURVIVAL (for you crazy people) and another EXPLORE (for people like me who want to use this to unwind, not get more frustrated)!

Please.

I already paid money for the beta and I'm beginning to regret it.

This wasn't made to be a casual game, which it currently still is. I can't see how you are finding this game hard at all, I've been playing it and haven't died ONCE. I deleted my previous one so I could get a better world. This game is really easy and the fact you can get a lot of honey and resources makes the game not difficult at all, especially when you have a ton of meat effigies and amulets. Eventually you would get bored of this casual playstyle. That's why they are adding in new meters (like sanity) which make you have to worry about more things. They want to make this game keep you on edge and on the move, that's why they are making it harder and that's why it makes it FUN and a CHALLENGE.

This wasn't made to be a casual game, which it currently still is. I can't see how you are finding this game hard at all, I've been playing it and haven't died ONCE. I deleted my previous one so I could get a better world. This game is really easy and the fact you can get a lot of honey and resources makes the game not difficult at all, especially when you have a ton of meat effigies and amulets. Eventually you would get bored of this casual playstyle. That's why they are adding in new meters (like sanity) which make you have to worry about more things. They want to make this game keep you on edge and on the move, that's why they are making it harder and that's why it makes it FUN and a CHALLENGE.

I want your babies.

To be honest, hard game, easy game, the whole theme of it is "don't be out in the dark". So I'd say out of all things, this one has to be the dangerous one. The increasing damage over time is a good idea, I think it's the only way to counter having tons of food. But I personally think it should also ignore armor. Just do a fixed amount of damage each hit no matter what. Just to give it more of that "extremely dangerous and totally superior to me" feeling xP Knowing that nothing you can do can stop it. Going around just taking the hits and thinking "meh, this is annoying..." isn't the idea behind it.

Seing how the damage grows exponentialy, and how you always get hit a little bit even when using armor, I would say that eventually you'd die. The problem now is just how fast he does it.

Exactly.

What if the person is a right click warrior?

Oh, I'm sure you could survive a short while... but once damage reaches "crazy levels" (800+) you'll die before you can even heal yourself. So, in short, problem solved.

No! The game is not fun that way.

I'm not sure I follow you. One aspect of the game is to fear the dark and that's why the Grue exists. It makes us hunker down around our camp fires or wondering when our torches will expire. Is the Grue a game killer? Not in my book. I find it easy to avoid being caught in the dark with the proper preparations. But preparations MUST be made and the "fear" will still be on your mind even if you know you're safe.

If you people want to join an elite team where the game is ridiculously hard, go ahead, but make a separate mode for other people like me who miss the ORIGINAL game and how easy it was... I don't play for the same reasons you do, obviously... but don't ruin it for me! Stop it!

Well I certainly don't want to play the game in "super hard" mode. In fact, whenever I play games I always choose "Normal" mode, not "Hard". And I play Minecraft too, where I spend most of my time building my tower castle (Adventure mode, yes, but I am safe inside my various strongholds at night.

How about TWO MODES - one SURVIVAL (for you crazy people) and another EXPLORE (for people like me who want to use this to unwind, not get more frustrated)!

I wouldn't mind seeing multiple modes, but they should be "Easy", "Normal", and "Hard". This has been discussed by various players over the weeks, so I won't even go in the various means by which these modes are varied. However, my question is this... what would you consider "Explore" mode to be like? Would it be like "Creative" for Minecraft? Where there are no enemies (i.e. no spiders, no tentacles, ect) and you only gather resources and build? Or a mode that is missing certain threats... like the Grue?

When I first started playing at THE VERY BEGINNING, it was PLAYABLE. I bought if because it was fun to play. I had no idea it was going to turn into this flipping game of who has the bigger rooster, if you catch my drift...

It was fun to play back when I first joined too... that was early November. Since then the game has changed. I admit the hounds do make me feel more cautious about exploring, which I think goes somewhat against the general idea of the game, but I don't think they break it. You just need to be more cautious. As for the Grue, it was always meant to put the fear into you should you venture into the darkness unprepared. In fact, I remember it used to be very lethal back in the day, so I'm not sure how requesting this feature be restored to its original "power level" would be any different for you.

This wasn't made to be a casual game, which it currently still is.

It isn't? Well I'm out... :p

I can't see how you are finding this game hard at all, I've been playing it and haven't died ONCE.

Sure, rub it in...

I deleted my previous one so I could get a better world. This game is really easy and the fact you can get a lot of honey and resources makes the game not difficult at all, especially when you have a ton of meat effigies and amulets. Eventually you would get bored of this casual playstyle.

I agree that once you know what you're doing that the game is fairly easy, especially for Wilson. That's why I play as Wendy... and Abigail is my extra handicap. ;)

That's why they are adding in new meters (like sanity) which make you have to worry about more things. They want to make this game keep you on edge and on the move, that's why they are making it harder and that's why it makes it FUN and a CHALLENGE.

Well I have no issue with another meter and I do enjoy Call of Cthulhu (for which Sanity is just as important as Health), so I'm all for it. The question is, how will it work once it's implemented? We can only wait and see... but I'm eager to see how it will work.