[MOD] Advanced Guard Protocol

Phew I have finally ported Challenging Enemies to the steam workshop.

I am sorry that it took so long. I think I have been more busy these last few weeks than I have ever been in my entire life.

So if you don't know what I'm talking about a while back I made a mod called Challenging Enemies, but not until now has it been available as a soft mod.

Since used to be a pretty big mod with alot of hardcoded stuff it was very hard to port, but it was fun.

Sadly a few features had to be cut due to the limitations of the mod loader. There are also many features that I haven't got around to adding yet, like longer patrols and harder vanilla enemies(That's why I changed the name. The old name wasn't fitting if the mod didn't make the game more challenging).

I wanted to add these before uploading but I decided I didn't want to wait any longer.

This mod will likely be part of my and HumanKirby's overhaul mod(actually it was a long time since there was an update about that. Maybe I'll look around on steam if anyone's interested)

Steam workshop link

Updates

Spoiler

5/12-15

Initial upload

6/12-15

System admins now have unique designs depending on corporation! (thanks a lot Shirsh)

Fixed a crash caused by Net downlink or Prism's augment.

Fixed steam independant version not working

13/12-15

System Admin portraits by Shirsh!
Added Drone Engineer
Added tier 2 versions of 4 guards
Custom OMNI guards spawn more commonly
Reduced FOV of augmented security
Electrical Interference now updates all the time and not just at the start of the turn, but only raises cooldown by one

Ultraviolet spectrometer now reveals Prism's disguise

Fixed several errors that could corrupt old savegames

20/12-15

Fixed crash when CEO/System Admin escapes in a financial executive mission

27/12-15

Fixed Augmented guard having less than 0 firewalls

Augmented guards are now disabled by EMP, and properly update when firewalls are raised

Regenerative nanocells now trigger even on KOd guards

Recolored Tsukumogai Drones! :)

System Admins now have Panic buttons

20/3-16

Custom models for many new guards by Shirsh. This includes: Augmented Security v1 and v2, Scanner Security v1 and v2, Drone Engineer, Sniper, Interferer, MKX and PSI
Fixed augmented security vision not updating until end of turn.
Fixed panic button sometimes triggering twice or when KOd
Drone engineer spawns drones next to them instead of ontop of them.
Renamed Ultrasonic Echolocation to Piercing S.C.O.P.E
Compatible with the latest version of Generation options+
New enforcers!

30/3-16

New anims for enforcers, OMNI and MKX, plus portraits for enforcer drones and a few other tweaks.
Fixed enforcer drones spawning with ridiculously high firewalls.
Fixed recap icon for omni killer and drone engineer.
Fixed incompatible savedata.

8/5-16

Added extended guard patrols as an option!
The amount of guards in OMNI missions now scale with difficulty, making short campaigns easier and long campaigns harder.
Reduced scanner security's and scanner security 2's peripheral vision to default.
Omni Killers now have upgraded grenades.

12/8-16

Added option to let guards use locked doors.
Having difficulty of omni levels scale is now optional.
Added Hard Mode option. (Requires Sim Constructor)

Added tier 2 versions of Interferer, Drone Engineer, PSI, and Support Guard(K&O)
PSI has been reworked. They still link to another guard, but instead of shielding them they will investigate if the linked guard is alerted. They will also gain AP when alerted.
MKX now only reinforce one firewall at a time, but firewalls stay buffed even at end of turn.
Added effects for Regenerative Nanocells, Long Range Sensors, Drone Reactivator Core and Drone Reactor Booster.
Surveillance Security now notice agents behind cover instead of seeing them.

Special ability tooltips now remain for guards who are out of sight("ghosts").
Added tooltips for guards with scangrenades.
Added tooltips for guards who don't have weapons.

Patrol generation is now more balanced.
Reduced firewalls on all enforcer drones.
Assaults and Assault Enforcers are now vulnerable to ko.
Reduced range of Drone Reactivator Core.
Super Heavy Enforcers have even more armor, but even less ap.
Omni Hacker null zone significally reduced and hack range slightly reduced.
Omni Killer no longer has ko resistance and extra ap.
Elite Assault no longer has armor and extra ap.
Augmented and Advanced Security ap reduced.
Ko overloader no longer works through walls.

workshop-569390373.zip

Man, what do you think if I'll do graphic stuff for them?

Go for it! I haven't gotten into graphics at all yet so some help would be appreciated. Altough I do like the PSI and MKX as they are.

Also I think you should totally sign up for helping us with our overhaul mod (link) we could really use some help on the graphical side of things.

Man, what do you think if I'll do graphic stuff for them?

If you have the time for it, Im working on an agents mod for my birthday, the 12.12. and would need an agent figure, and while an agent portrait would be nice, it is not needed. I would use the OMNI Protector one for it, but it would be nice if you could remove the helmet from the ingame model and use another head. If you also had time for an portrait, even a standart guard with some kind of operating control thing in his eye or stuff would be cool, you know, like a little desktop in front of his eye.

You would also be a great addition to the Overhaul mod.

Do you had ideas, concepts or wishes how any of them should looks alike?

I don't really have any big wishes. For most of them I think it would be enough just to give them some unique twist. Altough I guess the augmented security could look a little more cyborg-like.

Forum version crashes the game instantly. Log:attachicon.gifLogForum.txt

There is an error when playing with On File Prism, when you break a firewall. Log:attachicon.gifLogPrism.txt

I can sy that the first crash might be caused because of the folder name the mod is in. I had this several times, I thing modname and foldername have to be the same, but i am not sure about this. It could also be connected by the name and something in the modinit, I had several problems with it with my own mods.

I can sy that the first crash might be caused because of the folder name the mod is in. I had this several times, I thing modname and foldername have to be the same, but i am not sure about this. It could also be connected by the name and something in the modinit, I had several problems with it with my own mods.

Figured it out. It is because folder name contains white characters (namely space). If you remove them, it loads normally.

Figured it out. It is because folder name contains white characters (namely space). If you remove them, it loads normally.

Huh. Guessed I should have tested that version before uploading. I'll make sure to fix it.

There is an error when playing with On File Prism, when you break a firewall.

Got it. It'll be fixed for the next update.

Edit:

Update is out now. Tell me if there still are any problems.

Admins portraits incoming:

post-448854-0-49160200-1449443271_thumb.

(they are slightly better in kwad, ko jacket button moved for example, didn't get screenshots)

in archive updated ce_admins.kwad (portraits inside) and gui folder with small icons (for mission stats screen, profile_image in guarddefs) that can be merged to mod's gui.kwad

ce_admins.zip

portrait paths:

"portraits/ftm_sysadmin_build"

"portraits/plas_sysadmin_build"

"portraits/ko_sysadmin_build"

"portraits/sk_sysadmin_build"

not "kwaded" anim files, to see what's up with them and fix if needed (I didn't seen how plastech jacket is wrong on portrait until now, forgot how it looks in game):

anims.zip

I guess those could be useful for everyone who want to dig graphic modding, for example ear-phone with attached antenna overwrite default smallish ear sprite, after several attempts in build.xml I find proper coordinates for emmm... "starting point" of sprite (at its upper left corner I suppose) to have "cup" and not antenna end on ear's place. After that for sk_admin size of "ear" sprite was simply prolonged to right (through photoshop image/canvas size), to attach visor-glass (or whatever hi-tech it is) ie even though K&O build example doesn't contain a helmet or glasses or other extra stuff it relatively easy can be expanded as needed. Any helmet can be done through ear or hair etc. Although trying smart way of adding elements with proper names to build.xml needed to be tested too.

Update:

Thanks for the portraits Shirsh! They're in the update now.

Geez, this update was tough to get out. Because of the system admins and OMNI guards the level generation was changed which had the potential for some nasty errors. So a big part of this update was to clean up some of those errors (altough I could have missed something. Tell me if you find anything)

A big chunk of the time it took was for testing because I had to make sure that it was working for all the different Corporations(including the mid-way and final mission) both with and without the mod enabled (thank goodness for debug commands).

Other than that this update was pretty successful. One new guard, four tier 2 elites and a bunch of balancing in addition to Shirsh's Admin portraits.

It's just a sprites of executive extracted by KWADTool on the place of Decker's sprites. Different characters is like a skins for same male or female animations, like all those skins for Shank in Shank 2.

+ it's can be useful that you can change size of sprites to right or bottom without changing coordinates in xml files: by default executive beard won't fit into decker's haircut sprite, but decker's one was enlarged and it works.

Hey Cyberboy2000, nice work!

Having fun with these new guards. However, I think I found a bug.

As soon as the CFO reaches the guard elevator and escapes, the game crashes. Then agents can't move and there's nothing I can do.

My save file says, game/sim/mission_ceo_office.lua:32:attempt to index local 'evData' (a nil value)

I have no idea how the game engine loads Mods & DLC, but it still happens when I play the game without this mod (I mean, uncheck this mod right before the game starts.) When this bug happens without the mod on, I'm able to go on by deleting this mod folder.

Could you look into it?

BE 

Update:

System admins now have a "Panic Button" that raises the alarm level when they're alerted to compensate for that they will just run away, tell me if you think it's balanced or not.

Tsukumogami drones now have recolored models(no portrait yet) I am finally learning how to make animations so be sure that there will be more of that stuff later.

Portion of visual guard remixes, mostly Plastech and 2 FTM:

from left to right: MKX, Psi, Augmented, Interfere, Scanner

243970_20160310172104_1.png.9ea8ee65e33f 243970_20160309155027_1.png.974db067ab77

In archive anims (with grp and portraits), gui with small icons, my guarddefs and animdefs (for references: Scanner and MKX with "engineer" idle, portraits icons etc on their places in guarddefs and I think Psi accidently looks brutal enough to use KO_heavy voice, also I tried to split two rifles for ko sniper and it there too but it's not very good)

updated archive in next comment*

Archived