JanH

Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Early Access FAQ (Updated: 23/03/2016)

Kendall54    0

Soooo, how exactly do I load or start the DLC? I ordered it in steam, updates downloaded, but when I open the game, I can only play Base game or RoG, no shipwrecked option...help?!?

Arkathorn    126

Once you download the DLC, your menu should start in blue, with the Shipwrecked main menu, and there should be a checkbox labeled "SW" next to the one labeled "RofG". It worked for me. Are you sure that the DLC is enabled in Steam?

Kendall54    0

Once you download the DLC, your menu should start in blue, with the Shipwrecked main menu, and there should be a checkbox labeled "SW" next to the one labeled "RofG". It worked for me. Are you sure that the DLC is enabled in Steam?

Its now working, no changes on my end, other than reloading the game multiple times. For some reason there was a 20 min delay between the updates downloading, and them actually showing in the application. Strange.

JanH    6,942

It should be good to go now for everybody. If the DLC is still not working for you, close out of Steam entirely and try restarting your computer.

• Like 2

DADESUPER    13

will it be a paid dlc when out of early access or is it something like don't starve together that you got for free if you owned the single player game?

shawken    0

Same issue as described above, purchased game- small downloadable update occurred and it is listed under Reign of Giants as added DLC, but when clicking the Play button it is not in the list of options.  Restarting Steam and PC caused another update to download but still not playable.

Neo5689    0

will it be a paid dlc when out of early access or is it something like don't starve together that you got for free if you owned the single player game?

and/or

Is it 5$ for [ early access + final release (DLC) ], or is it only for early access and we will need to buy the "final" release plz ?

Kothar    5

and/or

Is it 5$ for [ early access + final release (DLC) ], or is it only for early access and we will need to buy the "final" release plz ?

Imo I think it's safe to say that it'll b the same as RoG. It's a labelled as a new DLC, both in Steam and by Klei themselves. It's probably just gonna b the $5 like RoG was/is. 

Dm7889    10

OOOOH man so glad it's finally out, I was actually so excited I made a song that was inspired by shipwrecked! Here's a link of my truthfullness:

post-481906-0-63574600-1449113931_thumb.

• Like 3

Arkathorn    126

I was wondering, why isn't this subforum moved into the Don't Starve General Discussion, where there are the other 2 tabs, ROG and DST?

They aren't in Early Access. This subforum is primarily for getting feedback about the DLC, and fixing bugs/crashes.

DangerD    31

Volcano season ruined the game for me.

seems like this is how most people feel.

Ive actually been avoiding progress becuz i dont want to be disappointed by this hellish season approaching.

• Like 1

Dylan738    265

Ive actually been avoiding progress becuz i dont want to be disappointed by this hellish season approaching.

I wish I did lol.

OrderedChaos    48

It's not that bad. Just don't be on your home island and it's easy to avoid. Plus by the end of monsoon season you usually want to go out and do some adventuring and the volcano is a perfect excuse to head out into the open seas.

Also you get about half a day of warning ahead of time so it's easy to prepare for.

I like it, keeps things tense and is a fresh mechanic.

Dylan738    265

It's not that bad. Just don't be on your home island and it's easy to avoid. Plus by the end of monsoon season you usually want to go out and do some adventuring and the volcano is a perfect excuse to head out into the open seas.

Also you get about half a day of warning ahead of time so it's easy to prepare for.

I like it, keeps things tense and is a fresh mechanic.

running/rowing in circles for 2 hours is definitely fun

Okay, we're getting a tiny but off topic there are about 4 threads of this already.

Edited by Dylan738
  • Like 1

OrderedChaos    48

running/rowing in circles for 2 hours is definitely fun

Okay, we're getting a tiny but off topic there are about 4 threads of this already.

Two hours? I've only had it last a couple of minutes at most with at least a day in between eruptions.

If it's lasting two hours then that's definitely something that needs to be adjusted.

Edited by OrderedChaos

Noobsauce    0

This may sound like a stupid question, but is it possible to have RoG and SW enabled at the same time? In the 'Start a New Game' menu, it will only allow me to select either RoG or SW, not both. Selecting one deselects the other.

hijoker    25

This may sound like a stupid question, but is it possible to have RoG and SW enabled at the same time? In the 'Start a New Game' menu, it will only allow me to select either RoG or SW, not both. Selecting one deselects the other.

Not right now but in the future you will be able to.