Protoype glitch, Screetcher mod unavailable, RoG starts with X

LonelyGunman

Hello. So recently I've been playing Don't Starve, and everything was going fine.

Until I've decided to close the game and restart player later, the game said that I should wait for an update, so I did. Then I launched the game.

Afterwards, everything seemed just fine. It was weird that the free obligatory mod "Screetcher" wasn't there, and when I started playing on my world ( not the one I took the photos in / I deleted it because I thought it was the reason of it ), everything I seemed to prototype new after I relaunched the game remained locked.

Just locked. For no reason at all. It wouldn't save like any other blueprint would, so you could craft it later, you simply have to prototype it at the alchemy engine or science machine.

After I deleted the save file, I noticed that when you start a new game, RoG is now by default off instead of on, which never happened ( don't know if this helps )

It happened really fast. It just "updated" then all this started happening.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game a lot of times, and deleted all mods. Yet, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-304523-0-79471700-1448923364_thumb.

post-304523-0-28348400-1448923366_thumb.

post-304523-0-94460900-1448923366_thumb.

post-304523-0-84408000-1448923367_thumb.

Having the exactly same issues since the latest update has been applied. Tools (shovel, razor) and Refined materials (rope, boards, cut stones) stay locked even after prototyping, whereas structures has become unlocked after prototyping just fine.

I hope you will fix that quick enough. :)

P. S. BTW, what are the ways to participate in the early access of Shipwrecked? :)

• Developer

Greetings. Thank you for the really quick reply :-)

So, is there anything I could do? Or should I just wait?

Having the exactly same issues since the latest update has been applied. Tools (shovel, razor) and Refined materials (rope, boards, cut stones) stay locked even after prototyping, whereas structures has become unlocked after prototyping just fine.

I hope you will fix that quick enough. :-)

P. S. BTW, what are the ways to participate in the early access of Shipwrecked? :-)

Testing a fix right now - it should be live very shortly assuming the fix worked! (~10 minutes).

To participate in shipwrecked early access you will have to purchase the expansion on steam tomorrow when it is released :).

Testing a fix right now - it should be live very shortly assuming the fix worked! (~10 minutes).

To participate in shipwrecked early access you will have to purchase the expansion on steam tomorrow when it is released :-).

Will everyone be able to participate in Early Access when it comes out tomorrow?

Or is there is a limited amount of codes? I'd hate for there to be a limited amount of codes until whenever it comes out for everyone.

• Developer

Will everyone be able to participate in Early Access when it comes out tomorrow?

Or is there is a limited amount of codes? I'd hate for there to be a limited amount of codes until whenever it comes out for everyone.

Anyone can participate - no limit to the keys.

• Developer

I'm having the same problem, i need to keep having to prototype the same items, however RoG does not show up on my menu.  

any fixes yet? thanks

Hey, fix still incoming. Having some issues with steam deploy. Do you own RoG?

• Developer

@Bryce,  I am also having the same issue as well.

Makes sense. Fix is incoming but if you guys want to fix this locally on your machine for now open the "widgetutil.lua" file in data/scripts/widgets. On line 74 change 

owner.components.builder:MakeRecipe(recipe, nil, nil, onsuccess)

to 

owner.components.builder:MakeRecipe(recipe, nil, onsuccess)

Archived