[Crash] Error during initialization, Steam

Borna

Checking your log, it looks like the game is being launched with resolutions that aren't supported by either your graphics card or your monitor. Also, the game is starting up using an integrated card (Intel HD Graphics 3000), which could be what is causing the issue.

If you have a dedicated graphics card like an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce card installed, you will have to go into your AMD or NVIDIA Control Panel and force your dedicated GPU to launch and run Don't Starve instead of your integrated card.

If that doesn't help, please attach your settings.ini and we will investigate further. You'll find it in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini

I do have AMD Radeon HD 4700M. I did went to Catalyst centre under power section and then Switchable Graphics Application Settings, there I added Don't Starve and put it on High performance. Am i doing this right? or do I have to do something else? I also post settings.ini

settings.ini

Switching Don't Starve to high performance works. Also, please make sure that the the game is being launched by AMD and not your integrated card. 

I've also included a settings.ini file that you can use to overwrite your current one. Just download the file attached here, and save it in your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve folder. Let's see if that makes a difference.

settings.ini

Sorry for the delay, first off, please ensure that you have updated your graphics card's drivers to its latest version. Then try re-installing the following redistributables (VcRedist and DxSetup) to see if that makes a difference.

Re-install DXRedist in folder:
C:\Progarm FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\DXRedist.exe

Re-install VCRedist in folder:
C:\Program FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\VCRedist.exe

Sorry to hear that; unfortunately we've gone through all possible troubleshooting steps, one last thing you can try is to make sure that your computer motherboard and operating system's drivers are all updated to their latest versions.

If that does not work, alas, all we can recommend is to contact Steam Support about the possibility of getting a refund due to system incompatibility.

hii klei staff i have the same problem i found a fix to it and it is :

Re-install DXRedist in folder:
C:\Progarm FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\DXRedist.exe

Re-install VCRedist in folder:
C:\Program FIles\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\VCRedist.exe

next close steam and restar the pc and done you should be able to play.

the problem is that most of the time the next day when you want to play you need to do it all againg or when the game get a update.

the problem star at the same moment when Shipwrecked arrive, now i think there is the problem, because i have never get this problem and i have been playing this game a long time and this is the firts time i get this issue, and when i buy and install Shipwrecked  the problem stars hope it helps to the staff and Borna :3

Soo we cya my devoted companions and amazing staff of Klei 

Archived