How to get badges?

• Developer

You usually get those by doing something memorable... example, the chester badges were given away to the forum users that supported the kickstarter Chester plushie if I'm not mistaken...

The pencil badges were giving away to artist forumers featured in Klei's art page on their werbsite.

Memorable/important/awesome things like that, y'know?

This information might be wrong and I'm not completely certain of what I said, please disregard any garbage I said.

You usually get those by doing something memorable... example, the chester badges were given away to the forum users that supported the kickstarter Chester plushie if I'm not mistaken...

The pencil badges were giving away to artist forumers featured in Klei's art page on their werbsite.

Memorable/important/awesome things like that, y'know?

This information might be wrong and I'm not completely certain of what I said, please disregard any garbage I said.

Yea, but that chester badge thing already ended didnt it?

Because I bought a chester plush 2day

The modder badge is given to people that make mods that are cool and also near the limit of what can be expected from that person, because else I'd have one by now and surely Klei wouldn't overlook somebody whose mod is featured, whilst badging everybody else who faintly dipped into modding a badge.

Oooooooooooooooor the mods stopped reviewing mods therefore not finding cool mods that were modded by modders leaving modders with no cool mod badges :T 

You mean the mods assume somebody as skilled as that Mobbstar fellow got to already have a modder badge, it'd be ridiclious otherwise! Right?

Well my Industrial Resolution is featured so...

The modder badge is given to people that make mods that are cool and also near the limit of what can be expected from that person, because else I'd have one by now and surely Klei wouldn't overlook somebody whose mod is featured, whilst badging everybody else who faintly dipped into modding a badge.

nice badge

Mine was given out to those who were around during the beta I believe. That being said, clicking on it doesn't seem to lead to the thank you page anymore...

https://www.kleientertainment.com/games/dont-starve/thank-you

Yeah, I think you had to have a forum account and have bought the beta before the full public release.  I got the beta fairly late on, but didn't register a forum account until after, I believe.  Too bad they didn't do the same for RoG, at least I'd have had a shot then :highly_amused:  But they would've needed to give out a heck of lot of them, if they did.  So I understand why they didn't.

The Eyebone was for tweeting about the Kickstarter when it was happening. The various Chester badges are from actually backing the Kickstarter, and there's different ones depending on the tier you backed it at. 

pencil is fer gud arts 

That about concludes my knowledge on badges that hasn't already been said. 

• Developer
Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:49 PM ThaumicParrot, on 03 Nov 2015 - 5:05 PM, said: There's a legend that the one who posts the dankest meme is awarded a klei badge, and is then employed by klei as the director of memes.   PeterA is already the King of Memes; you cannot take his job away!

My sister once referred to them as "maymays". I almost disowned her. :)

• Developer

I spoke to my sister, she denies saying "maymays" and instead believes she said "meemees". Not exactly what I remembered, but still almost caused a disowning! Now I live on with this title to shame me and my poor memory. doh...

Archived