Don't Starve: Resumptus

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

YAAAAAAS!! I would play that!!

*something clicks*

O__O

Apply the way the Screecher mod for Don't Starve was made and make a platformer in DS engine O__O

That would be cool, it would allow for a new form of gameplay while also retaining Don't Starve's style. 

It would still retain the mechanics of Don't Starve such as hunger, health and sanity, crafting, and making sure to stay in the light. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Knowing Them, in the end, they'd just nullify the deal and take Charlie for Themselves again.

I mean, they don't really need to be trusted.

Just to be feared.

Or, even better, ignored.

They are happy to provide her with the challenges if it means entertainment and knowing Them, Charlie would know that they may go back on their word. Part of the game would be trying to figure out how to avoid that fate. 

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

That would be cool, it would allow for a new form of gameplay while also retaining Don't Starve's style. 

It would still retain the mechanics of Don't Starve such as hunger, health and sanity, crafting, and making sure to stay in the light. 

Don't forget freezing/overheating :)

• Like 2

frogs suck.pngthe mermaid.png

More stuff based on "Charlie's Inferno."

One of the levels is called “The Crag,” an island with plenty of rocky turf, gold, flint, rocks, and meteor fields. It does not have a lot meadow biomes or forest biomes, so finding those biomes is very important. Here it also storms a lot, making wetness a problem. 

As Charlie explores this world, she comes across a mermaid sitting among a mass of rocks and glowing bottles. The mermaid tells her that her voice had been stolen and that she will help Charlie if she can retrieve her voice. 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  • Is Albert afraid of getting warts?
  • The mermaid design is really cute.

No, frogs in Don't Starve are little assholes who hit you if you get too close and make you drop stuff. And they will chase you for a minute or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

No, frogs in Don't Starve are little assholes who hit you if you get too close and make you drop stuff. And they will chase you for a minute or so.

I just play Wigfrid and murder them all :p And retrieve my stuff when I'm done ^^; I think I got about 12 frog legs one time. I'm surprised I didn't die.

• Like 2

On 21.9.2016 at 7:03 AM, Quoth143 said:

the name thing

Oh! Have you read or seen Earthsea? (it's actually books but there's a Gihibi anime based on the same lore) The people have true names, which grant anybody who knows one complete control over the respective person. To share ones true name with somebody is very risky if one doesn't know the person well or can't trust it. Spoiler: The reason I ask this is because the scene you drew reminds me of a major plot point in the story.

On 21.9.2016 at 3:56 PM, Asparagus said:

Apply the way the Screecher mod for Don't Starve was made and make a platformer in DS engine O__O

*cough* Smashup is a thing *cough* modding discussion *cough*

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Oh! Have you read or seen Earthsea? (it's actually books but there's a Gihibi anime based on the same lore) The people have true names, which grant anybody who knows one complete control over the respective person. To share ones true name with somebody is very risky if one doesn't know the person well or can't trust it. Spoiler: The reason I ask this is because the scene you drew reminds me of a major plot point in the story.

*cough* Smashup is a thing *cough* modding discussion *cough*

I haven't read the books, but I did catch a bit of the movie (missed the beginning). 

I kind of figured that taking away one's name takes away their identity to an extent, I was thinking about and, it's kind of from sad stuff, about how sometimes kidnap victims are told to go by a different name by their captors, essentially stripping away a piece of the victim's identity. 

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 2

• Developer
19 hours ago, minespatch said:

Who's idea was to bring the alarm-bird to the caves?:wilson_sneaky:

This comment kinda reminded me of Songbird, from Bioshock Infinite.

Songbird, Songbird, see him fly,

Drop the children from the sky,

Take the ones that misbehave,

And send those children to their graves.

• Like 3

MUSHROOM_LIGHT2 =
ON = “Blue is obviously the most scientific color.”
OFF = “We could make a prime light source with some primary colors.”
BURNT = “I didn’t mildew it, I swear.”

MUSHROOMSPROUT =
GENERIC = “How scientific!”
BURNT = “How im-morel!”

SPORE_SMALL = “That’s a sight for spore eyes.”

TOADSTOOL =
GENERIC = “Yeesh! I’m not kissing that!”
RAGE = “He’s hopping mad now!”

SCARECROW = 
GENERIC = “All dressed up and no where to crow.”
BURNING = “Someone made that strawman eat crow.”
BURNT = “Someone MURDERed that scarecrow!”

groan.png

Even Albert can get tired of Wilson's puns (he generally finds them funny). That's going to hurt when Wilson takes it off. 

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, ScienceMachine said:

Albert: "Wilson, you're my brother and I love you, but if you keep up this corny act, I swear ..."

wilfail.png

So many times... :wilson_sneaky:

34 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

SCARECROW = 
GENERIC = “All dressed up and no where to crow.”
BURNING = “Someone made that strawman eat crow.”
BURNT = “Someone MURDERed that scarecrow!”

groan.png

Even Albert can get tired of Wilson's puns (he generally finds them funny). That's going to hurt when Wilson takes it off. 

Definitely the crow puns.ariel ID face.png

• Like 1