Mistikl    157
1 minute ago, Quoth143 said:

I keep Maxwell as a punching bag which is odd because I also think he's a really interesting character...

Mix him with Deathstroke, and that would be he who would keep everybody else as his punchbags! :devilish:  Yeah, he is pretty interesting character, but, in my opinion he is a little bit limited in this environment.

• Like 1

Quoth143    11,846
12 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

Mix him with Deathstroke, and that would be he who would keep everybody else as his punchbags! :devilish:  Yeah, he is pretty interesting character, but, in my opinion he is a little bit limited in this environment.

In the Don't Starve environment or the fandom? 

Mistikl    157
Just now, Quoth143 said:

In the Don't Starve environment or the fandom?

I guess both. Not too long ago we talk with my friend about that, and, I still don't exactly know what prevent him more to become more complex, sympathetic or just more interesting. Well, of course DS is not a show, or a game with more plot and cut-scenes to develop characters more deeply, but, more screen time and interactions with other characters might help. 

• Like 1

Quoth143    11,846
2 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

I guess both. Not too long ago we talk with my friend about that, and, I still don't exactly know what prevent him more to become more complex, sympathetic or just more interesting. Well, of course DS is not a show, or a game with more plot and cut-scenes to develop characters more deeply, but, more screen time and interactions with other characters might help. 

Probably, maybe a small comic every once in awhile, that being said I could try that myself in my own drawings. 

• Like 1

Mistikl    157
Just now, Quoth143 said:

Probably, maybe a small comic every once in awhile, that being said I could try that myself in my own drawings. 

I think that might work! ^o^ But, I just try to compare him to my all time favorite villains/antagonists etc, and find that special something what work so well for them, and what exactly Maxwell lack. O_o (But first thing they all share is white hair... XD I don't even wanna know how Max would look with  white hair! XD ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quoth143    11,846
5 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

I think that might work! ^o^ But, I just try to compare him to my all time favorite villains/antagonists etc, and find that special something what work so well for them, and what exactly Maxwell lack. O_o (But first thing they all share is white hair... XD I don't even wanna know how Max would look with  white hair! XD ) 

Actually I've been meaning to try and draw him and Albert more since I've realized that Albert would be the one with the least amount of anger towards him in reality (he thinks listening to a talking voice on the radio was really stupid of Wilson).  

• Like 1

Mistikl    157

(he thinks listening to a talking voice on the radio was really stupid of Wilson)

XD Well, it is stupid, but Wilson was despaired at that point! And, Higgsbury wasn't threaten to ... do anything unappropriated for a gentleman scientist for that knowledge so... He give it a try! :D And, yeah, Wilson is probably more underdeveloped than Maxwell, but, he has a lot more room to work with! 

• Like 2

Quoth143    11,846
Just now, Mistikl said:

XD Well, it is stupid, but Wilson was despaired at that point! And, Higgsbury wasn't threaten to ... do anything unappropriated for a gentleman scientist for that knowledge so... He give it a try! :D And, yeah, Wilson is probably more underdeveloped than Maxwell, but, he has a lot more room to work with! 

That's true, part of being a scientist is stepping into the unknown. 

• Like 1

Mistikl    157

That's true, part of being a scientist is stepping into the unknown. 

XD Perhaps. I'm more fascinated with the way people portrait him in fanfictions! XD But Dark!Wilson just win my heart! *o* And he always have all reasons to act like cynical jerk there, I mean, he is not exactly a good guy, killing mice, crows, turkey, etc, and since he is a scientist, there must be a lot of corpses of other animals he experimented on, and, there must be pretty good reason why he live all alone in the wood, far away from civilization. O_o

• Like 1

Quoth143    11,846
11 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

XD Perhaps. I'm more fascinated with the way people portrait him in fanfictions! XD But Dark!Wilson just win my heart! *o* And he always have all reasons to act like cynical jerk there, I mean, he is not exactly a good guy, killing mice, crows, turkey, etc, and since he is a scientist, there must be a lot of corpses of other animals he experimented on, and, there must be pretty good reason why he live all alone in the wood, far away from civilization. O_o

I think one of my favorite ideas on Wilson's character comes from thememime on Tumblr. Wilson is a bit of a manchild as he has a lot of weird lines about him wanting to stick random things in his mouth (for science...) is playful and gullible in a lot of ways and that while his dissecting of animals can spell out sociopath tendencies it's more out of childish naivety rather than malice. Still not okay but I liked that description the most. 

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

minespatch    58,400
3 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Wilson is a bit of a manchild

Who pigs out on sweets whenever an find them.:wilson_sneaky:

Welp, there goes George the shadow fencer(trademarked by Blob). Yeeeah, MAxwell is my punching bag too. He gives me the creeps at times but he has the heart of copper so yeah. I'd probably be friends with William Carter compared to what Maxwell became.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

everred    123
32 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd probably be friends with William Carter compared to what Maxwell became.

Ditto.

• Like 2

EragonSaphira    115
3 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

5a53dcd91ba8f_hammerhead.thumb.png.c28a0be7099a0d62cf2fbb3c119ca998.png

I've been having artist's block lately so I doodled an idea I've had for awhile.

I think Bobbie could make a fortune off of this if she showed it to pretty much everyone else in the DS world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DatShadowJK    2,320
On 07/01/2018 at 12:53 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Wait you mean you've never seen a grass gecko pop up from the ground before?

No.. because I don’t creepily stare at an animal for an amount of time

minespatch    58,400
3 hours ago, DatShadowJK said:

I chase Grass Geckos for fun.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Quoth143    11,846
4 hours ago, DatShadowJK said:

They tend to just spawn after a certain amount of time in your world and if you're about 20 or so squares away from any other grass gekko. 

• Thanks 1

DragonMage156    24,898
2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I chase Grass Geckos for fun.:wilson_sneaky:

Me and my friend like to chase them into a pen and keep them as pets XD

2 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

They tend to just spawn after a certain amount of time in your world and if you're about 20 or so squares away from any other grass gekko. 

They usually spawn in the Spring for me, especially if we've planted a lot of grass tufts nearby base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

EragonSaphira    115
4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Sounds fun! I wonder how the dragonfly would deal with them...

EragonSaphira    115
Just now, Quoth143 said:

5a55a2d029d97_lifestooshort.thumb.png.582d5a1837e032b9103058e59d0b2c34.png

"Charlie this isn't you! They're controlling you!"

Woah. Is that a tear beneath Charlie's eye? If so, then she doesn't want to do it, but they really are forcing her.

minespatch    58,400

The reason behind the picture:58d4920e13c07_charliesnightmarefuleaddiction.png.e43f632ca1e2c7da2aa9326b9ee7cac9.png

Seriously though, it's a heartwrenching piece. She's looking away to avoid the guilt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

everred    123
13 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Actually, I've seen people farm grass geckos that way. They just plop Chester by or in the middle of them and it makes SO. MUCH. GRASS.

• Like 2

Mistikl    157
7 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

5a55a2d029d97_lifestooshort.thumb.png.582d5a1837e032b9103058e59d0b2c34.png

Yessss, Charlie, FINISH HER!!! :twisted: I love your style! Also, I saw your comic on DA and it's AMAZING!!! *o* Also, you are fellow Law of Talos / Castle of Nation fan? I saw you draw Karl and Climber!!! :victorious:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Quoth143    11,846
4 hours ago, Mistikl said:

Yessss, Charlie, FINISH HER!!! :twisted: I love your style! Also, I saw your comic on DA and it's AMAZING!!! *o* Also, you are fellow Law of Talos / Castle of Nation fan? I saw you draw Karl and Climber!!! :victorious:

Thank you!! And yes, I love Law of Talos/Castle of Nations! They were actually the inspiration for Kostya, my character for "TIN."

• Like 2

Mistikl    157

Thank you!! And yes, I love Law of Talos/Castle of Nations! They were actually the inspiration for Kostya, my character for "TIN."

AaaaaaaAAaaaAAaaa!!! Somebody else remember it!!!! :o I'M SO HAPPY!!! :excitement: I reread it in last year... so many FEELINGS!!! Y_Y They don't do original characters tournaments like that anymore!!! And Unknown Person is not around to post some more news about his projects... Y_Y 

They were actually the inspiration for Kostya, my character for "TIN."

:wilson_ecstatic:Yeah, I saw that boy in your DA gallery, but don't exactly get who he is or what's story with him is all about. OoO  

Spy in Red.jpg

• Like 2