Don't Starve: Resumptus

And by that you mean you added "after restoring him" to page 28? ???

That line was already there. 

I kind of wanted to redo parts of the section of the comic because I've realized that I honestly don't know what to do with Imber, Camila, and Alister. They're kind of just there, taking up space and I wanted to smooth it out a bit. 

Sounds fair to me. 

Since Albert loses sanity in daylight, he'd need something to counteract the loss, what would be a good idea?

I can't think of any items that he should have that make sense for sanity regeneration. Instead, you should make him regenerate sanity by doing an activity of some sort (like how Wigfrid gets sanity from killing mobs, or DST-Woodie gets sanity from planting trees, and of course Willow gets sanity from watching things burn), or increase his sanity gains from something that already exists, or make him lose sanity more slowly in certain situations (like Wendy, but maybe only the sanity drain of dusk/night instead of from everything).

A lot of the canon characters have a major perk, a minor perk, and a drawback. The major perk is a showy special ability, like Wendy having Abigail or Wickerbottom's books. (Even Wes has one, with his balloons.) The minor perk is something helpful but more subtle, like Wendy's sanity conservation or Wickerbottom's free science level. I'm curious what Albert's strange power will be.

• Like 1

I can't think of any items that he should have that make sense for sanity regeneration. Instead, you should make him regenerate sanity by doing an activity of some sort (like how Wigfrid gets sanity from killing mobs, or DST-Woodie gets sanity from planting trees, and of course Willow gets sanity from watching things burn), or increase his sanity gains from something that already exists, or make him lose sanity more slowly in certain situations (like Wendy, but maybe only the sanity drain of dusk/night instead of from everything).

A lot of the canon characters have a major perk, a minor perk, and a drawback. The major perk is a showy special ability, like Wendy having Abigail or Wickerbottom's books. (Even Wes has one, with his balloons.) The minor perk is something helpful but more subtle, like Wendy's sanity conservation or Wickerbottom's free science level. I'm curious what Albert's strange power will be.

That's a much better idea. I can't really see him having an item, but doing something that could help him regenerate the sanity makes more sense. 

post-701470-0-98230600-1451857199_thumb.post-701470-0-15105000-1451857216_thumb.post-701470-0-01720300-1451857238_thumb.post-701470-0-93370600-1451857254_thumb.

Page 29 is the most edited so far. I decided to get rid of Alister, Imber, and Camila because I didn't know what to do with them. I apologize for the editing but I wanted to smooth this section out a bit. 

post-701470-0-98230600-1451857199_thumb.

post-701470-0-15105000-1451857216_thumb.

post-701470-0-01720300-1451857238_thumb.

post-701470-0-93370600-1451857254_thumb.

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 8

I like the edited pages! Webcomics are unique in that previous publications can be retconned, so I honestly think it's pretty cool that you decided to take advantage of that to improve your story. :) Use every tool at your disposal! Huzzah!

Also Jokul is the cutest thing... just after an angry Wilson in a Breezy Vest. I find his angry little face weirdly adorable. <3

• Like 1