Smells Like Post - Undertale Thread

Morgan17

Ladys and Gents put on your Tinfoilhats cause it's THEORY TIME

So after playing and watching a lot of Undertale there where a lot of things i actually found interesting in the context of the game and the implied lore. I will make different paragraphs for different little theorys. Also a lot of spoilers in the posts below so don't read if you have not done any of the true runs.

Ingame Death: So this is something that got me thinking when you die the following thing happens 1. Your soul breaks 2. Your soul shatters. Now here is the thing from the ending of the Neutral run we know that all other Human Souls seem to be in untouched state since i doubt that a shatterd soul is able to be used to break the Barrier. Now here is me thinking that there has to be another way to actually extract the souls from Humans since again Asgore already got 6 of them. And this is what makes me curious on how most of the other Humans must have died to actually keep the souls in proper condition so they can be used later on. Although it could also just be that your soul shattering only means you die by yourself but there is another way to extract the soul even after the host died (still makes me wonder about the shattering though).

Flowey trapping the Human on genocide: Now here is the thing when you go through the entire game on genocide and finally meet up with Asgore you don't kill him in a single hit but only injure him. Now after that Flowey intervenes and actually kills Asgore but he also shatters Asgores soul. Now here is me thinking that Flowey accepted his fate and maybe tried in a last ditch of effort to trap the corrupted Human in the now devoid Underground as he has no means to cross the barrier anymore as there are no other Bossmonsters around to claim a soul for him. Again only a theory but it does make sense in context in my eyes.

And last but not least:

The identity of the PC: Now here is the thing at the start of the game you are supposed to name the fallen Human and that's the name you always see in menues, stats etc. Now for anyone who finished a True Pacifist run knows that the PC itself is named Frisk (at least for the Pacifist route). Now here is the thing when we are in fact controlling Frisk but are reffered to as the fallen Human by the game through menues and stuff are we actually playing as him (Frisk)? I know it sounds wierd at first but again it ties into the soul theory. Because if we in fact control the soul of the fallen Human it might be possible that we are not really playing at Frisk but act as a sort of guardian angel observing every move and protecting him in battle by using what little is left of our soul to protect him from death. This would also make sense for a geno run as it is implied that his soul got taken over by

Charas
and that character is again implied to be the fallen Human. Again i don't know how much of that makes sense (maybe it's just me making stuff up cause i'm a we bit tired) but with all the hints we are givin it might be a small possibility.

Also i like to say that nothing i claim is fact and only how i interprete certaint events during any type of ending in the game.

Archived