Seriously, we need to discuss Summer.

I wonder how many people reach summer instead of jumping from autumn server into autumn server.

In winter you can freeze around while you make torches and burn everything, and rush earmuffs or thermal stone, hard but feasible, and in spring you rush a straw hat and a parasol. But summer is definitely a tough cookie. You can't join a server past early summer without dying, because either the whirly fan is not enough for the high temperatures during mid-late season, or because all saplings withered and you can't craft it and shadow from trees doesn't cut it.

Summer only got cactus flowers. And that's it. Pretty harsh for absolutely nothing in return.

I want a non-buffed Dragonfly to attack, like they do in DS. Also maybe nerf the domestic one. Seriously, tens of thousands of health is broken. >_>

Also yes red gems. Red gems everywhere. Just go to a desert and farm those hounds. Then make a ton of healing/revival amulets. Also fire sticks. And if you've been winter farming too get a teleport staff and set up the warp home because you can. (Then probably lead your unknowing friend to the other side of the map and then warp home going trololol.)

I want a non-buffed Dragonfly to attack, like they do in DS.
I think that would kinda break the giant dynamic they have right now. Dragonfly is not really fun, but I really like how diverse the other giants are, instead of being just reskins of deerclops with different stats. Making DF a fireclops again would probably end up way more boring than this one could be(if  they do something more dynamic with it, that is).

the domestic one.
I'll try not to interpret that... 

I think that would kinda break the giant dynamic they have right now. Dragonfly is not really fun, but I really like how diverse the other giants are, instead of being just reskins of deerclops with different stats. Making DF a fireclops again would probably end up way more boring than this one could be(if  they do something more dynamic with it, that is).

I'll try not to interpret that... 

Someone else referred to the one that sits between the lava pits as a domestic Dragonfly, so that's what I meant by that lol. The Dragonfly isn't really just a fireclops since Deerclops specifically targets players/player structures and Dragonfly just wanders around burning objects to get the ash. It eats the ash, then it falls asleep. It's closer to Bearger than it is Deerclops. Fighting style is AoE, whack, AoE, whack. Which is what they all do minus Goose/Moose.

I already posted my thoughts about summer in suggestions category a while ago.

I pretty much agree, summer is just boring and does not offer anything exciting apart from potential destruction of "neutral" structures.

First of all I think some structures, especially bee boxes and pig houses (at least those naturally spawned) should be immune to summer random fires. Apart from that all animals should be immune also, butterflies being randomly set on fire is just ridicolous.

Fires should be concentrated around forests, and therefore it should be main way for fires to spread onto our structures, if we don't deforest area around the base etc. I agree with random fire on wooden structures we built like chests, our farms and berrybushes and also stuff dropped on the ground.

At last, if we would have something exciting to wait for in summer, like some exclusive monster that allows us to obtain some unique summer-only items or some other unique events, that would make summer much more interesting. Basically for now, there is no reason to even exit base during summer if you are well prepared.

Maybe make mandragoras randomly spawn in the summer, it would be fun searching for those. :D

I think instead of a summer walrus, why not a something like a bear?

Or maybe it can be a bipedal chameleon. You won't know he's there until you've gone too close, unless you're paying attention that is. This hunter relies on stealth as opposed to ranged weaponry and Hounds.

The mechanics of summer are more or less fine where they're at imo, it just needs some populating. I do think though, that dipping your head in a Pond should be a method of cooling yourself off, at the risk of being devoured by frogs. 

I think instead of a summer walrus, why not a something like a bear?

Or maybe it can be a bipedal chameleon. You won't know he's there until you've gone too close, unless you're paying attention that is. This hunter relies on stealth as opposed to ranged weaponry and Hounds.

The mechanics of summer are more or less fine where they're at imo, it just needs some populating. I do think though, that dipping your head in a Pond should be a method of cooling yourself off, at the risk of being devoured by frogs. 

The things with ponds is that people have been saying we should be able to ice fish in winter, but that was never enabled soooooooo yeah. Ponds are sorta use less unless you have mods or are just desperate. The only thing I would fish for is fish sticks but later on there are better alternative. Basically what I am trying to say is that ponds have always gone no where so they most likely wont be doing anything new soon.  

The main issue is that there is nothing you can do in summer that you can't do in other seasons.

You can harvest cactus for cactus flowers. What you're saying is true for all seasons aside from winter. MacTusk seems to be the single exception. I think the problem lies within everything being a pain in the ass to do during the summer time. However, DST's new fire mechanics paired with waterballoons seems to fix this quite effectively. Seriously, do we need to discuss Summer?

Archived