Wardrobe Outfits and Skins Showroom!

Outfits and Skins has been teased before and one of it's first iterations was showcased in a Rhymes With Play Klei Dev Stream seen here (Don't Starve Together: Caves and Skins First Look). Time passed, cavesbeta happened and now the Outfits and Skins has been implemented into the main branch! For more specific information, go here (Update Dec 23, 2015) then look and open the spoiler under the word RELEASE.

To get the point of this thread (Wardrobe Outfits and Skins Showroom!), I think it would be nice if we have a centralized place to showoff/showcase the vanity items we get in-game and that's why I made this thread. I've also learned during the early phases of the Skins and Outfits Implementation that these vanity items will show up in our steam inventories and we will be able to trade them with other players. This thread may help you with finding the right vanity item that suits your taste!

Head over to the Official DST Trading Subforum to make and find trade offers!

Known Gift Drops Information: (subject to change without prior notice)

• Gift Drop caps out at 4 gift drops per week. (source)
  • Your currently owned Vanity Items has no effect on future gift drops' quality/frequency. (source)
  • You can view your owned Vanity Items by clicking Collection in the Main Menu.
  • Vanity Items are tagged Not Marketable and Tradable in your Steam Inventory.

Rules: 
I hope I'm not violating anything by making this thread. So the rules/ for the showroom when posting about the vanity item you got are as follows:

• A screenshot of your character wearing the vanity item is ideal.
  • A video of your character doing the /pose emote would be awesome!
  • Also stating whether or not you are willing to trade it for a specific vanity item.
  • Lastly, keep your posts neat to look at.

Open 'em gift boxes!
post-474697-0-71735000-1451009230_thumb.
Cheers!

Original Text posted on 09 October 2015 - 09:16 AM:

I may be jumping the gun but I figured the forums is going to need this sooner rather than later. As some of you may already know because of Klei's lastest dev stream(Oct 8, 2015) exactly on 52:20 that the skins gift drops will be released very soon for the cavesbeta branch within the day! Roughly within 6-12 hours from now by my estimation. It might even be out by the time I've finished writing this post.

To get my point, I think it would be nice if we have a centralized place to showoff/showcase the vanity items we get in-game and that's why I'm making this thread. I've also learned that these vanity items will show up in our steam inventories and we will be able to trade them with other players, isn't that cool? This thread may help with finding the right vanity item to suit your taste!

For those who still haven't tried out the cavesbeta and now wish to do so, follow the instructions under Join a Beta Server found here.

I hope I'm not violating anything by making this thread. So the rules for the showroom when posting about the vanity item you got (once they're available) are as follows:
  • A screenshot of your character wearing the vanity item is ideal.
  • A video of your character doing the /pose emote(which would be awesome) is preferred.
  • Also stating whether or not you are willing to trade it for a specific vanity item or any offers made by other players to you.
  • Lastly, keep your posts neat to look at.

I'll polish up this opening post with in-game images of the opening gift box animation but that's all for now, so let the show begin!

Open 'em gift boxes!
post-474697-0-71735000-1451009230_thumb.
/Still currently waiting on the cavesbeta update though, hype!

Thread Changelog:
- Polished and updated the main post to reflect how the game currently distributes gifts to players. Enclosed original post in spoiler. (24-Dec-15)
- Added link to the official DST trading subforum. (28-Dec-15)

• Developer
I'm finding these things on multiple players, must be very common

I was worried you found a bug with our item gifting code so I looked into it, but despite being common, only 3 people have those gloves so far!

Finally got my second vanity item, Pants!
Plus I got to record the opening animation. You'll notice though that after clicking Use Now, the vanity item isn't automatically chosen. Since the item was white pants I mistook the Classic pants for it. I'd suggest that upon clicking Use Now, it would automatically pick that item on the loadout dialog box. Here's the video!

And down below is actually posing with the vanity item properly worn this time.

So far I've seen a lot of vanity items from gloves to shirts and pants but best one I've seen so far was a belt buckle backpack! I wish I could stay and play some more but alas there is never enough time. Thank you Klei for all the awesome work you've done so far!

Cheers!

I'm beaming with joy! I got the ultra cool beefalo backpack on my first drop! Please Klei, tell me that our collection will persist once we move to the main branch.

HW2W1jl.png

Only problem is that I can't seem to craft it. When I move my mouse towards the arrow on the backpack crafting tab, the menu disappears. I can't seem to move my mouse far enough to the right before it goes away, so I can't get my mouse over the arrow in order to click the button. :( I've tried with and without full screen. Not sure what's up with that.

If my count is correct there have around 40 skins pieces added in the last update, including the magnificent backpack skins which were a surprise that totally blew my mind away!

I have created an album with all the skins, however, for anyone who does not like spoilers or wants to keep the element of surprise while discovering each item while playing the game, DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILERS BELOW, for it contains all the the clothing pieces available at the moment  (I might have missed a couple).

http://imgur.com/a/YNIbz

If my count is correct there have around 40 skins pieces added in the last update, including the magnificent backpack skins which were a surprise that totally blew my mind away!

I have created an album with all the skins, however, for anyone who does not like spoilers or want to keep the element of surprise while discovering each item while playing the game, DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILERS BELOW, for it contains all the the clothing pieces available at the moment  (I might have missed a couple).

http://imgur.com/a/YNIbz

Now we just need to see how the look on each of the characters : )

• Developer

Only problem is that I can't seem to craft it. When I move my mouse towards the arrow on the backpack crafting tab, the menu disappears. I can't seem to move my mouse far enough to the right before it goes away, so I can't get my mouse over the arrow in order to click the button. :( I've tried with and without full screen. Not sure what's up with that.

Argh, that's a bug. But there is a workaround: If you decrease the HUD Scale in the options menu, you should be able to reach that button without the menu closing. Thanks for mentioning it!

Argh, that's a bug. But there is a workaround: If you decrease the HUD Scale in the options menu, you should be able to reach that button without the menu closing. Thanks for mentioning it!

Beef packs for everyone! Thanks for the workaround. :-)

QmytDe5.png

Archived