Major game overhaul: Suggestions and ideas

I'd like to see measures lessen how heavy a role the RNG plays in obtaining equipment. Especially so with augments on endless, now the DLC 'set at 3' augments have diluted the augment pool further. Maybe augments/items could be assigned to a corp, having a higher chance of occurring in the producer corps levels? Maybe have a Nanofab info mission where you access an exec terminal and choose from weapon/augment/item/mixed nanofab location to spawn? Would be great to hunt down/avoid the augment drill in a similar fashion.

That awful dragging augment needs a buff, maybe combine it with the 8th slot augment or have it negate the -2AP big guns penalty.

I see the arguments for and against more inventory slots. Item management is hard in late endless yet being forced to choose is part of the game. My biggest problem is charge packs, the new IV items are hardly usable not because of cost, but rather space. You could introduce an item that stores charges in 1 slot, or just give agents a separate charge pack inventory, capped at 4 or something. Possibly have a mission to unlock it. Would make sense to be able to stack vault access cards too, again maybe totally apart from the regular inventory. That would free up the original 4 slots for more tactical options.

I'd love to see something like a p.chip that can be used for combat (f.gun, anatomy.a etc) and weapons with more powerful fire options at the expense of higher CD's/ammo costs etc. 

I would recommend tweaking Distributed Processing so that it's not random anymore, because the game in pretty much all other areas relies on its mechanics not having success rates (except for daemons). I'd have it so that either every even numbered turn or every odd numbered turn, your PWR goes up by 1, rather than it being a 50% chance.

Well, I haven't been thinking much about things that can affect game balance, but I had some ideas for new enemy attributes.

Cautious:

Will get suspicious when pick pocketed, and will investigate the tile where the agent that robbed them stood.

Paranoid:

Goes into over watch whenever he sees or hears something suspicious.

Not sure how it would work in term of game balance, but its a cool idea.

I'd like to see some way of grabbing an agent's special items either as part of the detention centre mission or as a separate one that gets added after it. Perhaps just an extra room with added security that'd hold their items in a safe or behind a security wall like in the quantum power macguffin thing in the DLC.

In the campaign it's kinda "whatever". But in endless sometimes I find I'm really hurting for a way to get an agent's devices back so they'll be more useful.

Create a new effect that turns all of a guards/drones vision area into noticed area until the end of turn, plus an armor reduction of 2. Guards cannot track or overwatch in the mean time. Put this new effect onto a replacement for holocircuit overloaders.

Create a new overload that has the same effect as the current holocircuit overload when an invisible agent uses a melee weapon on a guard (as well as breaking stealth).

Archived