Sign in to follow this  
GLERMZ

Mega Base Tour - Almost 2k day

GLERMZ    1,191

Hello everyone,

So after giving so, so many tours while streaming, i finally decided to put up a video on youtube so every time someone asks for a tour they can just check it, since it takes a while. This will also help me save some time and keep building and also enable more people to criticize my Work.

I hope all of you enjoy the video and feel free to give any tips, news ideas etc.

ps. After recording this video i already worked on a Beefalo Sanctuary. Should be finish by tomorrow and i will post some pics of it.

Best Regards,

Glhrmzz

Edited by Glhrmzz
  • Like 4

GLERMZ    1,191

Wow, this is fantastic.  :wilson_cool:

Stil thinking in the best way to make the Klei Shrine. But thanks for the compliment JoeW

GLERMZ    1,191

why do you carry 34 honey? 

Because i have a huge ammount of honey, because Wes starves faster and also because, since i cleared the whole world, if by some reason i get out of the base and i need food that i dont have i'm secrewed. So i will always have a stack of honey with me :) I can just eat Honey from Winter to Winter ;)

• Like 1

loromate    10

Because i have a huge ammount of honey, because Wes starves faster and also because, since i cleared the whole world, if by some reason i get out of the base and i need food that i dont have i'm secrewed. So i will always have a stack of honey with me :-) I can just eat Honey from Winter to Winter ;)

Thaanks for your answer :) Im new to dont starve so I usually cook all my food. Some with random recipes lol :D

• Like 1

GLERMZ    1,191

Thaanks for your answer :) Im new to dont starve so I usually cook all my food. Some with random recipes lol :D

Well then i can give you a bit more info.

Honey takes almost 4 seasons to get red. With that said, if you ve built a lot of bee boxes like i did you can extract only in winter and live of it till next winter.

Also 4 honey in crock poy gives you taffy that can help your sanity. 2 honey, one moster meat, one meat or morsel and you get honey ham witch gives you health.

In resume Honey is fantastic ;)

• Like 1

loromate    10

Well then i can give you a bit more info.

Honey takes almost 4 seasons to get red. With that said, if you ve built a lot of bee boxes like i did you can extract only in winter and live of it till next winter.

Also 4 honey in crock poy gives you taffy that can help your sanity. 2 honey, one moster meat, one meat or morsel and you get honey ham witch gives you health.

In resume Honey is fantastic ;)

Yea, it sure is. I will try those advices. Thank you very much :)

GLERMZ    1,191

I have put the link in the last minute of the video to the second part that for some reason was cut in this one :|

GLERMZ    1,191

That was fun to watch! 

If you don't mind me asking, how did you happen to get so many resources? (especially with regards to stone and gems)

This is a Huge Map and not a default on, i had two rocky biomes witch gave a lot to start off. Second i've fully cleared 2 of my 3 Caves in terms of Rocks and also i've build the Mole Farm since you can grind infinite rock.

About the gems same thing, 2 out of the 3 Ruins are fully cleared, i didnt craft any thing beside several Decustrion Staffs that i rarely use, so i still have all of them saved up. The Purple, Blue & Red Gems, are due to all the hounds that died during the 2k days.

All of the rest of the resorts came up from the world ofc, i just grinded Trees and specially Birchnuts so i could grow the biome. In the case of Birchnuts i just chop them down in the Outum, when they are Big so i can get 2 to plant. Also often you get the Birchut tree guard that spawns creatures that have a chance to drop  more birchuts or twigs + 3 birchuts for choping down the tree guard. That is an amazing way to farm them and grow your birchnut forest.

Hope i answered everything ;)

Best Regards

Well, there's a number of things that I didn't know: 1. That you can have an even larger map size than the default. Should've checked up on that. 2. That Moles can offer a renewable source of stone.

Although I am surprised that you resorted to Birchnut trees instead of just using regular pine trees for your forest.  

GLERMZ    1,191

Well, there's a number of things that I didn't know: 1. That you can have an even larger map size than the default. Should've checked up on that. 2. That Moles can offer a renewable source of stone.

Although I am surprised that you resorted to Birchnut trees instead of just using regular pine trees for your forest.  

Birchnut are life! I'm a huge lover of them, they look awesome in outum! Thats why i used instead of Pine Trees.

Also with this i can have to different style, Main base with birchnuts, up wing with Birchnut forest, Right wing with Pine Trees as decoration and a Pint forest on the very top with the Tree Guard Pen ;)

Birchnut are life! I'm a huge lover of them, they look awesome in outum! Thats why i used instead of Pine Trees.

Also with this i can have to different style, Main base with birchnuts, up wing with Birchnut forest, Right wing with Pine Trees as decoration and a Pint forest on the very top with the Tree Guard Pen ;)

Oh I see, you use them for aesthetic and to distinguish the sides of your bases apart. I'm presuming there will be another wing with Palm Trees once Shipwrecked is released.

• Like 1

GLERMZ    1,191

Oh I see, you use them for aesthetic and to distinguish the sides of your bases apart. I'm presuming there will be another wing with Palm Trees once Shipwrecked is released.

I don't know what is coming in Shipwrecked but you bet that i'm going to put everything i can in this base if i'm able to use this Map.

Also i will soon do a video update with the new stuff that as been build this past week.

Regards,

GLERMZ    1,191

So shipwreck is almost here so i will be doing another Mega Base video with everything that as been done since i lasted made this video :)

Hope you guys will be interested on that!