Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

AaronAlphaNexus1

DLC: predictions for the contingency plan

HumanKirby    60

Mod-Api, and this is enought for me to ask for.

And of course new agents (Hype, Archieve Monster and Central).

So for some guessing, maybe a new kind of tool, like EMP pistols/grenades and some situation specifique augments (I modded myself some in which play around with death and stuned agents)

Nxf7    74

I think it helps if you link the post that mentions this "contingency plan", because I doubt I was the only one confused as to what you were talking about. It's from a non-stickied thread from 2 months ago that's also hidden below talk about the free Update 11. I only just saw it thanks to a developer that linked it on the steam forum.

I'd be happy if they can deliver on all those points mentioned in the post but I'm also hoping for other miscellaneous quality of life stuff such as able to "collect" more than 4 agents from detention centres and then pick which agents to use on each mission, and way more off-mission item slots, 4 is too few. Otherwise this stuff might be the job of player-made mods.

I think it helps if you link the post that mentions this "contingency plan", because I doubt I was the only one confused as to what you were talking about. It's from a non-stickied thread from 2 months ago that's also hidden below talk about the free Update 11. I only just saw it thanks to a developer that linked it on the steam forum.

I'd be happy if they can deliver on all those points mentioned in the post but I'm also hoping for other miscellaneous quality of life stuff such as able to "collect" more than 4 agents from detention centres and then pick which agents to use on each mission, and way more off-mission item slots, 4 is too few. Otherwise this stuff might be the job of player-made mods.

that would be indeed great

I'm kind of hoping also that they'd add a sequel to the main story besides the endless mode and...more cutscenes...i just love the artstyle :grin:

warfreak2    30

I guess this thread is more wishes than predictions. My wish is for more mission types, and/or more events within existing mission types. For example, the reaction when you trigger an objective is always the same (Executive Terminals -> new patrol routes, Cyberlab -> reboot devices, etc.) so there's room for additional content there; or more side-missions like the hostage rescue in Security Dispatch missions.

More intermediate objectives (like the security hub on the final mission, or the exit door keycard) would be a welcome addition to Endless mode. In general I'd like to see more "lock-and-key puzzles" where you have to do A in order to B in order to do C, etc. This could be done relatively painlessly by removing the part of the level generation code which makes sure there is always a way around a laser panel or locked door, and replacing it with code which makes sure the relevant power supply or passcard is always reachable.

It's hard to think of new mission types since most of the possible mission objectives are already covered - a few I can come up with are "get a good Incognita program for free" (like Security Dispatch = "get a good item for free"), some way of adding more hours to the countdown timer, or getting intel on future mission(s) (e.g. go in with Facility Database/Daemon Database/etc. effects already triggered).

Another Wish i'd have would be to be able to loot omnicorp after day 10 :D you could have central that they are gaining intelligence about a new corporation, and that it holds very valuable assets :D but also that it has the top of the security.

Another Wish i'd have would be to be able to loot omnicorp after day 10 :D you could have central that they are gaining intelligence about a new corporation, and that it holds very valuable assets :D but also that it has the top of the security.

I would totally love to see OMNI faciliies in endless. Man, this would be great.

Lemonymous    4

I hope all corps will get new elite units to replace Omni soldiers on late game endless mode. Currently just about everything you meet is Omni after a certain day no matter which corp you go for, and it becomes very monotonous.

Other than that; new agents, programs and items would be very welcome.

Maybe some item rebalancing. It would be good to narrow the gap between tier 1 and 3 items. Buying tier 1 is always a waste right now, and tier 3 are the only items worth an item slot. Tier 1 being weaker, but having lower cooldown like on neural disrupters, might be a good way to balance them. Corps should probably also get some way to counter cloak.

HumanKirby    60

I hope all corps will get new elite units to replace Omni soldiers on late game endless mode. Currently just about everything you meet is Omni after a certain day no matter which corp you go for, and it becomes very monotonous.

I think a good way to great new elite units for late endless would be to create stronger versions of there guards (like higher shields etc) and give them a OMNI design. A good example would be the OMNI Barrier Guy, who seems to be desgned that way. Also, more variaty in Omni guards would be nice, making the last mission less predictable.

Lemonymous    4

I think a good way to great new elite units for late endless would be to create stronger versions of there guards (like higher shields etc) and give them a OMNI design. A good example would be the OMNI Barrier Guy, who seems to be desgned that way. Also, more variaty in Omni guards would be nice, making the last mission less predictable.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but I hope we actually don't see Omni in endless at all. Each corp should be a different experience. Every corp having the same (only omni guards) is what makes endless end for me.

Harbingers being especially boring seeing as they offer no counter play other than sneaking/cloak, or just taking the alarm hit. A variety of new units for each corp that allow the player to play around them in interesting ways would be a welcome addition.

HumanKirby    60

Maybe I misunderstand you, but I hope we actually don't see Omni in endless at all. Each corp should be a different experience. Every corp having the same (only omni guards) is what makes endless end for me.

Harbingers being especially boring seeing as they offer no counter play other than sneaking/cloak, or just taking the alarm hit. A variety of new units for each corp that allow the player to play around them in interesting ways would be a welcome addition.

I meaned that they still have there normal guards (Heavy Guard, Spec Ops etc.) connected to there coporation, but also 1 or 2 OMNIfied versions of these coporate specific guards. You could imaging that OMNI is just selling armour and weapons/gear to the coporations, which equipe them to there top guards. A Level 10 KO could look like this: 1 normal guard, 4-5 special guards of the coporation (for example the Spec Ops) and 1-2 OMNIfied guards versions of the coporation guards (OMNI Spec Ops which has a bigger field of view, for example). I just really love the design of OMNI Guards and want to see more of them.

This would make corps keep there gameplay, but with more asteatical variance and harder enemies (which are coporate specific)

Cyberboy2000    660

I did exactly that with my previous mod, additional guards mod. I didn't make it to the new mod, challenging enemies, but if there's interest I can readd them in the future. If it isn't already official that is.

Lemonymous    4

I meaned that they still have there normal guards (Heavy Guard, Spec Ops etc.) connected to there coporation, but also 1 or 2 OMNIfied versions of these coporate specific guards. You could imaging that OMNI is just selling armour and weapons/gear to the coporations, which equipe them to there top guards. A Level 10 KO could look like this: 1 normal guard, 4-5 special guards of the coporation (for example the Spec Ops) and 1-2 OMNIfied guards versions of the coporation guards (OMNI Spec Ops which has a bigger field of view, for example). I just really love the design of OMNI Guards and want to see more of them.

This would make corps keep there gameplay, but with more asteatical variance and harder enemies (which are coporate specific)

Right, I misunderstood your last post. Omnified corp specific guards would be excellent! All I wish for is the corp identity to still be there after N'th day. It's kind of strange when you don't see drones anymore in sankaku; no grenadiers in FTM and K&O, and no hackers in Plastech.

I also hope they make guards that can be dealt with without having to resort to cloak which counters everything in a very non-interactive way. Actually, some elite units being able to counter cloaking in some way could help dethrone cloaking as the ultimate trumph card that works in any and every situation.

HumanKirby    60

Right, I misunderstood your last post. Omnified corp specific guards would be excellent! All I wish for is the corp identity to still be there after N'th day. It's kind of strange when you don't see drones anymore in sankaku; no grenadiers in FTM and K&O, and no hackers in Plastech.

I also hope they make guards that can be dealt with without having to resort to cloak which counters everything in a very non-interactive way. Actually, some elite units being able to counter cloaking in some way could help dethrone cloaking as the ultimate trumph card that works in any and every situation.

There extualy was an abillity for some guards to see cloaked agents and agents behind cover. It didnt make it into the game, but it is in Cyberboys Challenging Enemies Mod (which is really great btw. adn would be great addition to a thing i currently have in mind *cough*first aid guards, guards using the two guard teleporters to create shortcuts and cleaners removing dead and ko agents *cough*)

Well i kind of approve the idea for the first aid guards, they could spawn when an heart monitor is disabled :)

About the seeing cloaked agents, i'd suggest to add guards capable of doing that, but that could shoot a projectile that could cause the agent to decloak so the others can attack.