Sign in to follow this  
HomShaBom

Scarecrow Mod

HomShaBom    74

Here's the first part of my Scarecrow mod.

Birds don't eat your crops in this world, but the scarecrow is still a farmer's best friend. The birds have learned that this scarecrow is nothing more than a lifeless structure and now feel comfortable around it and use it as a safe place to gather. Instead of being scared of it, they disrespect it and poop all over it. But you can gather that poop to fertilize your crops.

Periodically, bird will spawn around each scarecrow, up to a maximum of 4 birds. Each bird has a chance to drop guano when it flies away. You can dress up the scarecrow in seasonally appropriate clothing to increase the frequency and number of birds that spawn near it.

Disclaimers:
The artwork is all Klei assets amateurishly assembled by me. I am no artist. If anyone wants to make better artwork, feel free.

This is not balanced.

This is still a work in progress. One possible change will be for bird poop to accumulate over time on the scarecrow itself that needs to be harvested (like honey on a bee box) instead of it dropping from birds when they fly away. Guano may be replaced with a new similar item if the fertilizing power of guano is too strong.

steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522640509

Edited by HomShaBom

HomShaBom    74

I have updated the mod to include functionality of dressing up the scarecrow to make it attract more birds if the clothing on the scarecrow matchs the season of the year.