Sign in to follow this  
=SB=

Something else for Wendy?

=SB=    10

Abigail isn't *super* useful as it stands. If she was nightly occurrence I might view her differently, but somehow I doubt that will happen - in spite of Wilson's lifesaving effigies, Willow's safety from darkness AND fire, and Wolfgang's all-around manliness. I would suggest one of the following:

- Make Abigail not harm Wendy.

- Make Abigail appear nightly (if not, guaranteed every-other-night).

I highly doubt *both* would ever happen, but I feel like Wendy doesn't bring as much to the table right now. Maybe allow recruiting of other ghosts? Have animals not run away from her? Just something to boost her up to the ranks of her siblings would be appreciated.

BarovSoap    878

Abigail isn't *super* useful as it stands. If she was nightly occurrence I might view her differently, but somehow I doubt that will happen - in spite of Wilson's lifesaving effigies, Willow's safety from darkness AND fire, and Wolfgang's all-around manliness. I would suggest one of the following:

- Make Abigail not harm Wendy.

- Make Abigail appear nightly (if not, guaranteed every-other-night).

I highly doubt *both* would ever happen, but I feel like Wendy doesn't bring as much to the table right now. Maybe allow recruiting of other ghosts? Have animals not run away from her? Just something to boost her up to the ranks of her siblings would be appreciated.

I agree. In the short amount of time that I used her I have never had Abigail appear. I only used her for about 10-15 days before I used the tent to switch to Willow.

Ran    15

I never got that "works faster" thing I read somewhere. I honestly don't see any difference anywhere.

About Abigail, I agree that just for starters she shouldn't hurt the player, that's kinda silly. Making her appear more often would also help. Maybe not a "fixed" every night or every other night, but a 50% chance, so that it's still a luck factor, but much more often. Besides, she's not all that useful even when she shows up and even if she didn't hurt you. I mean, she's awfully slow, and doesn't much go for monsters. I've found her really useful to annihilate spider nests, but without getting any resources out of em, so it'd be more of way to make some area safe on the initial days.

I dunno, just seems like a weak perk overall.

McMatthew    23

I've noticed that in one of the portraits of her, there is a crow at her feet. Maybe they could add more perks to her to do with death, as if it is following her. Don't know what though.

Toaster Fu    103

As far as I'm aware, she also harvests items faster.

I'm pretty sure the only place that says that is the wiki, the one that also said beefalo respawn…

=SB=    10

Another additional option could be to increase Abigail's speed. Really, the ghost could be as helpful as any other character's traits, but hasn't made it there yet.

Knallis    15

I think Wendy's vulnerability to Abigail is intentional and implies that Wendy had something to do with her death, but, Abigail still wants to help Wendy in some way. It is an interesting mechanic to consider, assuming it was done intentionally.

But yeah Wendy is the weakest character in the game--and that's fine I guess, gives players the choice to have a weaker character specifically to challenge themselves in some way, and it is a pretty spooky element. The thing about her appearing rarely and unpredictably means you can't reliably weaponize her. Because even in her current state, if there was a way you could know for sure when she was going to appear on a specific day, you could do all sorts with that.

But I think Abigail's AI definitely needs to be improved. She needs more speed, or at least more speed when targeting a monster, and she should home in on them much more easily. In her current state you have to drag monsters into Abigail's path once or twice in order to kill them. Abigail should be helpful in a pinch, but she isn't helpful in a pinch at all.

Abigail in her current form is more of a novelty. To be fair though, it is a pretty interesting novelty.

=SB=    10

A VERY interesting one, indeed. The problem comes when you compare her to the likes of Willow, whose special traits can be weaponized to an *insane* degree, and Wolfgang, who's useful in just about every regard.

BarovSoap    878

I've noticed that in one of the portraits of her, there is a crow at her feet. Maybe they could add more perks to her to do with death, as if it is following her. Don't know what though.

Maybe a perk of hers should be a chance for a crow to swoop down at an enemy dealing only a single hit and flying away all in the same motion.

Edited by BarovSoap
should be* not is

CaptKnuckles    10

I'm pretty sure it says on wiki that there will be way more characters. lol honestly if there are going to be as much characters that wiki said there would be, idgaf about Wendy, there are way more fish in the sea (and if doing school papers has taught me anything, wiki never lies:p)

=SB=    10

Yeah, I'm starting to take that wiki less and less seriously.

But really, would it be so bad to make Abigail even a *little* more potent? If I'm allowed to torch entire landscapes with Willow to cull the spider nest population, having a nightly helper couldn't be much worse.

CaptKnuckles    10

Instead of how it is now, Abigail should show when Wendy is on the brink of death, then it would be more helpful because she could help you out when you really need her, but it wouldn't be OP because you can kill yourself with it (there would have to be a day between the times that she arrives though)

=SB=    10

Eh, I can't rightly agree with that idea. Something that happens only when you're about to die, vs something you have all the time. It's not like Wilson spontaneously grows a beard when he's dying. (... As hilarious as that would be.)

Ran    15

Instead of how it is now, Abigail should show when Wendy is on the brink of death, then it would be more helpful because she could help you out when you really need her, but it wouldn't be OP because you can kill yourself with it (there would have to be a day between the times that she arrives though)

I gotta say I really like that idea. Though in general I always liked that sorta thing XD That thing about getting stronger somehow when there's a high risk. Heck, I'd go ahead and completely revamp it, making it so that she doesn't hurt you AND she actively goes attack every enemy around you. BUT I'd also make it chance based, with a somewhat low chance, and time based, lasting only a few seconds when it triggers. If you go into a prolonged fight she'd just disappear after a bit.

If they want they could even make it so it only triggers at night like now, but it should have an better chance/duration in that case. And it'd go from being a general life-saver thing to just really situational. But well, it'd still work.

Eh, I can't rightly agree with that idea. Something that happens only when you're about to die, vs something you have all the time. It's not like Wilson spontaneously grows a beard when he's dying. (... As hilarious as that would be.)

It's not like all character traits work in a certain way. Wilson's is more of a situational bonus, Willow has a constant passive effect and a night-time-only one, Wendy has a chance-based night-time-only buff (for now), Wolfgang has a constant buff all around... I don't see why a triggered-by-event chance-based timed effect couldn't work.

CaptKnuckles    10

I like the idea of Wilson growing a beard when he dies, that would be awesome :p, also that just made me think of an awesome perk they can give one of the unimplemented characters, when they die, their loot stays where it was when they died (so the next game you can get your stuff (it would have to be one of the last unlockable character's perk though))

McMatthew    23

What about this: If you die as Wendy when Abigail is present, Abigail sort of swoops into your body and you come back to life, only the implication is that you are now playing as Abigail in Wendy's body. I think this would be a nice bonus because it wouldn't be too OP as Abigail would have to be present when you die in order for you to come back to life, and Abigail would no longer appear after she has gone into your body,

jujubomber    30

I agree with the overall mindset of what Abigail should do: be more useful in combat.

What about this: If you die as Wendy when Abigail is present, Abigail sort of swoops into your body and you come back to life, only the implication is that you are now playing as Abigail in Wendy's body. I think this would be a nice bonus because it wouldn't be too OP as Abigail would have to be present when you die in order for you to come back to life, and Abigail would no longer appear after she has gone into your body,

That's an interesting idea. Maybe have the body start to rot after like 20 days have passed or something?

Also something a friend of mine said just now is that if this happens you shouldn't be able to use the tent to switch to Wendy afterwards since she's dead.

=SB=    10

Now THAT'S an intriguing idea! Give Wendy one free life? I might be *completely* down with that.

But really, the main thing I'd like to see is Abigail being more useful. So here's a list of possible improvements for her current format, based on the conversation thus far:

- Increased speed when following Wendy.

- More potent hits on enemies.

- Improved enemy targeting.

- Not harming Wendy on contact.

- More frequent appearances (be it nightly, bi-nightly, or simply a higher percentage).

Ran    15

Lol, that's a pretty epic idea XD Although I'm not so fond of "one time use" things, but well, the idea of using her as a "spare soul" is pretty cool :p

Maybe something like giving you extra "negative life" for a bit (as in, allowing you to get to -50% health or something before actually dying) and you have a limited amount of time to heal yourself over 0% again to "revive", and then she just leaves your body. Of course, it'd need balancing all over to not be basically a free revive each time she's around. But well, keeping her as uncommon as she is now, plus only at night, plus having to have healing items handy to actually survive... actually, I'm not sure if it'd even be that useful, lol.

Edited by Ran

psycho    10

anyway she needs buff and i hope bugs will be fixed this update. i really like wendy but now she has no perk, abigail can't be called perk,if she appears once in 15 nights (and even if she appears she doesn't do that much.)

psycho    10

yeah,i like her too but not in her current state.also bugs need to be fixed.especially the one when she destroys every drop from spider den.