Sign in to follow this  
Irminsul

Mark of the Ninja Wii U Port

Irminsul    10

This just makes sense - it's a new game, a new console, and the right fan base. Mark of the Ninja WILL sell on the Wii U. The eShop is still fairly barren, and what indie title are present appear to be doing well. Trine 2, a game that is over a year old now, is doing very well on the Wii U currently. Quoted from another article -

"Anyhow I'm fairly confident in saying that Wii U will be our best console platform. Whether it's the "launch effect" or eShop's better visibility, or the general quality of the game and the great word of mouth - thanks to everybody! - or sheer luck, I don't know - but we'll take it. :)"

Please Klei, give this serious consideration if it's possible. I won't pretend to understand all the minutiae of distributing an indie title across multiple platforms and formats, but from me, to you, I promise to buy two copies of this if you make it happen - I'll come back to this thread and gift one out to someone.

Thank you,

Irm

Edited by Irminsul

Torasko    17

This is not gonna happen as Microsoft helped developing Mark of the Ninja and is the current publisher of the game. I don't think Microsoft wants to bring Mark of the Ninja to the platforms of Nintendo and Sony.

Fredgerd    44

Agree with Torasko.

Also, Wii is crap anyways. I anticipate within the next couple years console games will cease to exist and be replaced by HQ gaming PCs. The only thing keeping them afloat right now is superior graphics in affordable form. For alot of games, especially RTS, MMO and FPS (pretty much the most popular genres) Mouse and Keyboard is indispensible. For other games its preference. The fighting game community is the only one I know of with a strong preference for controllers, and even then they prefer arcade sticks. And on top of that there are some really good USB controllers out now.

So ya, even with VR in the horizon, I think PC will Soon be able to run it just as well and we won't see consols

Torasko    17

It's not totally true about the mouse and keyboard being superior, as it depends on the game that you're playing. I agree that first-person shooters, RTS and MMO titles are easier to play with mouse and keyboard, but generally side-scrollers (Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy), fighting games, third-person shooters, and sports games are better being played with a control. It depends on the control scheme, and usually this is based on the genre of the game. This is exactly the reason why I play around 25% of my PC-games, including Mark of the Ninja, with a wireless Xbox 360 controller.

PS: Not liking a console doesn't mean it's crap. Not that I like it, but I'm sure there are people who do.

Edited by Torasko

Sushigod    10

Also, Wii is crap anyways.

Oh come on get out of here with this BS, the Wii may have not had the support PS3 and 360 did but it had plenty of great games. Just because you like one platform doesn't mean all others are not without benefits.

Fredgerd    44

Not saying it didn't have good games. I just found the console to be gimmicky and that ultimately the games on it that were actually enjoyable were the ones that completely or almost completely ignore the actual Wii mechanics that the system was advertised with. And the same goes for the Kinnect. Both were rickety systems that just didn't work all that well. And beyond that a console is just a computer with optimized specs that you can't use for anything else but the games that run on it. With no real advancements in graphics potential, standardized specs is all consoles have to offer (aside from games that they have locked down with exclusive contracts, which is a trend I would personally love to see end). And regarding controls, sure some games are a bit better on controllers, I acknowledged that before, but any game that works well on a controller works better on an arcade stick. Furthermore, you can get controllers on a PC and arcade sticks as well and pretty much any other controls set up you want. So that means it really does ONLY come down to consoles being a subsidized and standardized specs bundle. That's easy to get around if you know how to customize a computer, and the best gaming PCs are far superior to any console in specs. So consoles are basically only worth it if you are unable to pay for an expensive computer and/or unwilling to learn how to customize one to ideal specs to run games. And even then you have to factor in that you're still going to need to buy a cheap PC anyways, because lets face it, owning a computer has become a semi-necessity in our culture unless you live walking distance from a public library.

Consoles are on their way out, and that isn't just me not liking them. That is a demonstrable market trend (google it if you don't believe me). If they don't find something PCs can't do, and fast, the steam box will wipe them out. And I personally think it will be good riddance, so that the industry can really focus on expanding options on a single platform.