Dubloons? I hate that guy.

I doubt. The world of DS is being a lone human, I think you'll trade dubloons with one of the humanoid mobs - Bacoons and the Cat ones.

The item you trade for should be consumables like - the anti-venom, etc. so you can keep coming back for more.

I doubt. The world of DS is being a lone human, I think you'll trade dubloons with one of the humanoid mobs - Bacoons and the Cat ones.

The item you trade for should be consumables like - the anti-venom, etc. so you can keep coming back for more.

One trader was a piggie! And it used palm leaves!

Oh yes I hope they will never violate the tacit rule that you are the only one of your kind. 

And if they don't implement the Floral Shirt from RoG to wear on the beach, it will be like a knife in the ribs to me. 

I kind of wonder if we'll see not so much an outright shop-for-materials, but maybe some kind of coin operated device?

Not something as simple as Granola Bars, one dubloon each, but somethng bizzare like a coin operated weather machine or giant-summoner.

Adding to the idea of a giant-summoner, maybe something like a personal loot stash which lures in pig-pirates and mer-bandits to steal it so you can kill them and take their stuff.

As you add more loot to the hoard the thieves you lure in get tougher. It'd be like having a way to control the risk/reward level for hound attacks.

Adding to the idea of a giant-summoner, maybe something like a personal loot stash which lures in pig-pirates and mer-bandits to steal it so you can kill them and take their stuff.

As you add more loot to the hoard the thieves you lure in get tougher. It'd be like having a way to control the risk/reward level for hound attacks.

Imagine just setting it in the middle of a huge field of tooth traps, how easy would that be?

Wait, but hounds=teeth, no hounds, no tooth traps...hmm

Imagine just setting it in the middle of a huge field of tooth traps, how easy would that be?

Maybe we'll be able to build Mimic treasure chests. And maybe there will be Mimic treasure chests waiting to bite us.

True, but I'd think it'd be more that you'd lure more enemies to the map area than to the treasure chest specifically.

(If this one guy has this much loot, the are must be RICH!)

I don't think the summoning of monsters is really don't starve's thing, but I do like the idea.

Maybe there is a loot-filed area full of danger that lures YOU! Like the swamp, but shippyer, and wreckyer. 

Like the lots of reeds with lots of tentacles setpiece? I'm in for that. But with pirates. Lots, lots of scurvy pirates.

Oh now there's an idea for a biome type.

A Ship's graveyard full of broken hulls, haunted by ghosts, guarding precious cargo.

Linked by planks of wood or a reef.

That sounds soooo good. The only thing we need is actual sword fighting and not mob kiting. Then I'd be down for a biome that's like a battle royale stuffed with loot. The hype is real.

The only thing we need is actual sword fighting and not mob kiting.

OOOOH! That sounds good! I really like good combat mechanics, like if there was swordfighting in DS there could be parrying, blocking, slashing, poking, and lunging moves. Maybe there'd even be duel wielding for shields and stuff! 

Archived