Is ShipWrecked going to have a UI overhaul?

A FEW THINGS!

The HYPE is REAL guys!!

7ou5zUA.png

Credits to @Foxtrot44 by posting on twitter.  :-)

Looks like Wade's useful for... uh... his GF...
AND DOES PALMTREES DOOOOE SO MUCH TREEGUARD POTENTIAL :o
Also, HOW DARE YOU get your mere COMMENT popular before my original post that started this THREAD....? D:

So, is there going to be rum?

The joke was there... SOMEONE had to make it...

Horrible joke about Wade.

PSSSST, this was only a joke please don't take it seriously! I like Wade(otherwise known as LordMinion777)! And if I didn't I wouldn't be adding him as a playable character to the Markiplier mod..........

Edit it would ya? Too damn bright, if you can make the clock match the normal one's colours, it will show this tree's true origin.

I'm probably not the best master photo enhancer, but I tried. Here you go.  :pirate:

7emQfvn.png       

GyNrBcH.png

Bigger versions of the above but still blurry. 

u3gabWT.png

ZS14WWk.png

Is this the only footage about the demo? How come I can't find any video or other image on it.

because the elusive palmtreeguard managed to destroy all footage except the small lick of footage that we have now... every other SINGLE piece of footage HAS at least 1 palmtreeguard in it! and they are quite like the bigfoot... never being seen... and when they are... THEY STRIKE AND KILL to quickly hide themselves away once more!

*cough*

"Wilson and friends (along with four new characters) must now brave the harsh environs of a tropical world. While there are plenty of familiar threats and resources, the new location allowed the developers to add in some nifty new nightmares that expand the gameplay in interesting (and delightfully deadly) ways.

For instance, water is now a major component of the game world. You will be able to craft vehicles (rafts, row boats, sail boats, and more) to cross large bodies of water, harvest new materials, and expand your map. But these waters don’t only serve as roads in Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked, they are complete with their very own special types of threats, and your boat becomes an extension of you.

Boats have their own health, can include storage, and even have their own physics and perks. Using waves to your advantage can be a viable option for quickly navigating the harsh waters, but one small slip up and it could spell disaster for Don’t Starve‘s latest nautical captain.

Of course, the introduction of boats and seas wouldn’t be enough to drive the point home of a tropical nightmare. To further establish the major difference between this new world, and the one which Don’t Starve fans are used to, seasons have received an overhaul, as well.

Monsoons, hurricanes, sweltering summers and more add new dynamic challenges and threats to the gameplay. Gusts of wind will knock down trees, uproot plants, and blow resources across the screen. Trying to move against the wind will slow the player down significantly while walking, and make sailing incredibly difficult. Watching out for the slippery gauge is of an even higher importance this time around, as well.

Water can be a player’s savior or that person’s very ruin. Crashing into waves will damage your ship if you hit them the wrong way, and getting wet has the potential to render tools and weapons useless if the percentage of that gauge reaches a high enough point.

Also, being out on the open sea is a scary thing, so much so that the player’s sanity will be on a constant decline (even more so than usual). There are a few items that can mitigate the decline. That’s not to mention the new monstrosities that lurk just beneath the surface.

Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked doesn’t just throw new threats at you, there are also new items to create (like the aforementioned boats), that include new weapons such as the blow pipe (a powerful ranged weapon). New armors, structures, and more await players."

from http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/08/29/dont-starve-shipwrecked-reinvents-the-game-with-tons-of-new-island-mechanics/

• Developer

*cough*

"Wilson and friends (along with four new characters) must now brave the harsh environs of a tropical world. While there are plenty of familiar threats and resources, the new location allowed the developers to add in some nifty new nightmares that expand the gameplay in interesting (and delightfully deadly) ways.

For instance, water is now a major component of the game world. You will be able to craft vehicles (rafts, row boats, sail boats, and more) to cross large bodies of water, harvest new materials, and expand your map. But these waters don’t only serve as roads in Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked, they are complete with their very own special types of threats, and your boat becomes an extension of you.

Boats have their own health, can include storage, and even have their own physics and perks. Using waves to your advantage can be a viable option for quickly navigating the harsh waters, but one small slip up and it could spell disaster for Don’t Starve‘s latest nautical captain.

Of course, the introduction of boats and seas wouldn’t be enough to drive the point home of a tropical nightmare. To further establish the major difference between this new world, and the one which Don’t Starve fans are used to, seasons have received an overhaul, as well.

Monsoons, hurricanes, sweltering summers and more add new dynamic challenges and threats to the gameplay. Gusts of wind will knock down trees, uproot plants, and blow resources across the screen. Trying to move against the wind will slow the player down significantly while walking, and make sailing incredibly difficult. Watching out for the slippery gauge is of an even higher importance this time around, as well.

Water can be a player’s savior or that person’s very ruin. Crashing into waves will damage your ship if you hit them the wrong way, and getting wet has the potential to render tools and weapons useless if the percentage of that gauge reaches a high enough point.

Also, being out on the open sea is a scary thing, so much so that the player’s sanity will be on a constant decline (even more so than usual). There are a few items that can mitigate the decline. That’s not to mention the new monstrosities that lurk just beneath the surface.

Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked doesn’t just throw new threats at you, there are also new items to create (like the aforementioned boats), that include new weapons such as the blow pipe (a powerful ranged weapon). New armors, structures, and more await players."

from http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/08/29/dont-starve-shipwrecked-reinvents-the-game-with-tons-of-new-island-mechanics/

YES! 4 NEW CHARACTERS! FOUR!!!

AND HA! THE WIND MECHANICS WILL ACT EXACTLY AS HOW I SAID THEY WOULD!!!

I didn't just call it... I NAILED IT!!!

YES! 4 NEW CHARACTERS! FOUR!!!

AND HA! THE WIND MECHANICS WILL ACT EXACTLY AS HOW I SAID THEY WOULD!!!

I didn't just call it... I NAILED IT!!!

I know you all hate me but... I was beggng for 4 since I heard about it... i luv u klei

My guesses: Winnie/Wortox, Wallace, Wilbur and of course Woodlegs

Wind sounds like it griefs bases already so ohaithere doesn't have to.

the word monsoon made me cry. XD

Judging from that it's compatible with RoG, that's a very spring-esque element. I was pretty sure it would be, but maybe not include spring elements. Since the way they install is just DLC001 DLC002 etc

I know you all hate me but... I was beggng for 4 since I heard about it... i luv u klei

My guesses: Winnie/Wortox, Wallace, Wilbur and of course Woodlegs

Wind sounds like it griefs bases already so ohaithere doesn't have to.

the word monsoon made me cry. XD

Judging from that it's compatible with RoG, that's a very spring-esque element. I was pretty sure it would be, but maybe not include spring elements. Since the way they install is just DLC001 DLC002 etc

I think they'll add seasons to Shipwrecked also, not just RoG can have it.

What makes you think they'll add old characters? Winne probably won't ever be added since Wigfried is based of her art. The others seem to have an appropriate relation to the DLC.

Wortox - unlocked by dropping something in volcano maybe (on DS reddit, a guy that tested the demo said that a fire staff trap he triggered caused volcanic rocks to fall on him)

Wilbur - he's a monkey, duh

Wallace - crashed survivor

Woodlegs - Pirate

Woodlegs will be more tolerant to sea-sickness (sanity drainage) for sure.

I'm probably not the best master photo enhancer, but I tried. Here you go.  :pirate:

7emQfvn.png       

GyNrBcH.png

Bigger versions of the above but still blurry. 

u3gabWT.png

ZS14WWk.png

Also, my eyesight is horrible, but from my POV it looks like there's a new clock section.

I can post again. Sinister, it does seem like that, and the trees look like white Mushtrees. Mushrooms are known to grow at times of the day so there's a high chance dawn is included.

I think they'll add seasons to Shipwrecked also, not just RoG can have it.

What makes you think they'll add old characters? Winne probably won't ever be added since Wigfried is based of her art. The others seem to have an appropriate relation to the DLC.

Wortox - unlocked by dropping something in volcano maybe (on DS reddit, a guy that tested the demo said that a fire staff trap he triggered caused volcanic rocks to fall on him)

Wilbur - he's a monkey, duh

Wallace - crashed survivor

Woodlegs - Pirate

Woodlegs will be more tolerant to sea-sickness (sanity drainage) for sure.

Klei supposedly said there will be a female character, so Winnie confirmed? Or charlie. Charlie is cool.

well if aaaany of you played huniepop you'd know that the afternoon comes before the evening!

If I was at PAX I'd confirm so many things as quickly as fricken possible o_o

I actuay fee incrediby stupid for not reaising it coud be the fippin afternoon.... wow just wow... xD

Archived