Any New News on the Caves/Ruins?

I'm just curious when they'll be added. These two places are super spooky and really add to the atmosphere of Don't Starve, and it'd be so cool if they were in Don't Starve Together. (And yes, I know there are mods that add the caves and ruins as surface biomes, but honestly it's not the same)

U no active in forums.

U no check livestreams.

U no do research on subject.

How dare u ask this over-asked question?

"We'll get there WHEN WE GET THERE!"

This is not productive or helpful, and frankly pretty rude. Please don't reply if you don't have anything to contribute.

To the OP. The answer is soon, we will have it out as soon as it's ready. It's not as simple as just adding it in for multiplayer and there are a lot of considerations that need to be made, so it's taking a little while. It shouldn't be much longer though. We should have more info soon.

This is not productive or helpful, and frankly pretty rude. Please don't reply if you don't have anything to contribute. To the OP. The answer is soon, we will have it out as soon as it's ready. It's not as simple as just adding it in for multiplayer and there are a lot of considerations that need to be made, so it's taking a little while. It shouldn't be much longer though. We should have more info soon.
 @ImDaMisterL, What he said try to at least be little nice I never respond to over asked questions when they can at least check to see if someone else asked on the forums about the same question they have, anyway (not trying to be rood just trying to stay somewhat neutral) just don't respond at all if you're not gonna say anything nice, anyway I'm gonna go be hypocritical somewhere else.

This is not productive or helpful, and frankly pretty rude. Please don't reply if you don't have anything to contribute.

Sorry about that, Joe.

To provide something to contribute to the thread, they have been releasing stuff for Caves via Rhymes with Play. The last thing released was a hint more or less. It hints a caves the most and the people who contributed to the thread did agree on one small hint of an old unused feature. I'd recommend you'd check out the thread.

(If you highlighted over this, the hint was possibly hinting at lava caves.)

• Developer

@ImDaMisterL, What he said try to at least be little nice I never respond to over asked questions when they can at least check to see if someone else asked on the forums about the same question they have, anyway (not trying to be rood just trying to stay somewhat neutral) just don't respond at all if you're not gonna say anything nice, anyway I'm gonna go be hypocritical somewhere else.

I acted like that because I know Dudedude from Skype, he's a friend of mine, he's already accustomed with my "rudeness" :p

We joke around errytime.

Sorry for the childish attitude anyway, JoeW.

The answer is soon, we will have it out as soon as it's ready. It's not as simple as just adding it in for multiplayer and there are a lot of considerations that need to be made, so it's taking a little while. It shouldn't be much longer though. We should have more info soon.

I'm waiting for next thursday's livestream and take a huge hope :)

HYPETRAIN TUUUDUUUU

I thought the stock answer was 2 weeks. It seems to apply to everything in life and is right up there with 42. So 2 weeks or maybe 42 days.   :joyous:   When it does get released Is the scary caves going to change the game rating?  or should we just not play it at night? That is what people should be asking!

no, if you go to the ruins at night the dark elves will kidnap you and take you away to a dark dungeon, tie you up, and....... force feed you black jellybeans o______O

I was ok with this until the last two words. *shudders*

edit: fixed that for ya.

To the OP. The answer is soon, we will have it out as soon as it's ready. It's not as simple as just adding it in for multiplayer and there are a lot of considerations that need to be made, so it's taking a little while. It shouldn't be much longer though. We should have more info soon.

Yeah joe.. The answer is always soon. 3 months ago you said soon too.

Please, you gotta give some information. You can't keep the information for those who paid and been waiting.

I've already mention it on few threads, because I feel like Klei don't see my threads.

So can you give us a little more than "soon"? 

Please, you gotta give some information.

weeeellll JoeW already sort of DID explain everything here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/56105-through-the-ages/

as best he could anyways... just be patient and and hype for the caves! Klei's only being quiet because they themselves have no idea what's actually going on right now other than... well... Caves! aaand that's it... They are trying different tactics and incase they don't work they aren't just going to shout it out over the rooftops to let everyone know "CROSS SERVER COMMUNICATION!!!!!" so they are just keeping at work so that they can let everyone know as soon as THEI know ;)

see what I did there?..... they turned to thei... cuz... klei... klEI *cough* nobody gets my punz >.>

weeeellll JoeW already sort of DID explain everything here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/56105-through-the-ages/

as best he could anyways... just be patient and and hype for the caves! Klei's only being quiet because they themselves have no idea what's actually going on right now other than... well... Caves! aaand that's it... They are trying different tactics and incase they don't work they aren't just going to shout it out over the rooftops to let everyone know "CROSS SERVER COMMUNICATION!!!!!" so they are just keeping at work so that they can let everyone know as soon as THEI know ;)

see what I did there?..... they turned to thei... cuz... klei... klEI *cough* nobody gets my punz >.>

Worse than horrible...

Archived