Sign in to follow this  
Myn

[Help] How do I get rid of glitchy boxiness around character?

Myn    2

tumblr_nt70wyRd5e1sqvocxo2_r1_250.png

Here's what happened: I took Willow's animation .tex file, used TEXTool to make it a .png, replaced each of her features with my modded character's in Photoshop, then turned my resulting .png into a .tex file and used that in my mod's anim folder. The problem is that now when anyone who's downloaded the mod zooms in to the character in the game, there's glitchy, boxy white/yellow graphics all around the mod's graphics (as seen in the pic I posted). Yes, I made sure there were no semi-transparent pixels (it would be impossible because I drew the mod's graphics in a separate layer in Photoshop, then deleted the layer with Willow's graphics and saved it to a separate .png. There should be absolutely nothing where her skirt was, for example, because I didn't draw anything over it). I did also use the build renamer on the build.bin file.

If it helps, I actually don't have the problem in my game. It only happens when other people download it through the Steam workshop. Also, at one point I did try to add something in the space one of Willow's pigtails would have been that didn't work right so I completely got rid of it, but now the glitchy, boxy ghost of the thing I drew is there too (if you're wondering why her right ghost pigtail looks different). Oh, and yeah, I made sure I uploaded the latest version onto the workshop, and the person who downloaded it (my brother) who had the glitchy graphics (pictured above) did make sure his download of it was updated to the latest version.

Anyway, sorry if that was long-winded; just trying to be detailed. I feel like it's something I should be able to figure out, but... I've tried and I can't seem to fix it. :(

Myn    2

It's been several weeks and no one has answered. >.> I'll bump the thread once, but if no one answers after this, I'll assume no one has any answers. I won't bump the thread up again. :)

Toros    2764

That is very strange.  I assume it's a conversion issue?

It very much looks like something went wrong with the transparency.

Myn    2

That's what it looks like, yeah. But as I said, I made sure there were no semi-transparent pixels. I decided to try making the same mod using the extended character template this time, but I'm having trouble with that method too. :/

RedRock911    36

It's something the programming doesn't like, I'm having the same issue. you could try re-sizing it. But I'm not sure if that will work or not. Or you could try transferring it to another extended character file. Either or, I was trying to create a character for someone, and finally had to ditch the character because I couldn't find a solution. 

Myn    2

Yeah... but as I said above, I made sure that wasn't the case. I even double checked again after you suggested it. :p But no, sadly that's not it.

RedRock911    36
post-568384-0-43120600-1440557737_thumb.

Just to show you, it isnt just you, I made this amazing beast, and I am having the same issue. The background is transparent, but there is something the game code doesn't like. I have had other modders, experianced modders, look at it. And we have all agreed that there is something that it may have not liked about either the name, the color, or how many animations are involved. 

this problem, a similiar problem you are having, is stopping the mod from continuing forward. Or at least discouraging me from getting it complete. I have two other items to create, but am desperately trying to find a solution to this atm. 

Speaking of, I am willing to pay someone, if they can help me finish this part of the mod. Extra if they can help with the tentacle animations (right now they are just circular balls to get the animations looking all cool and tentacly)