Community Project Rpg Art Dump

DwerBomb

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rpg games usually have attributes that go along with weapons and equippable items, such as the usual fire, wind, water and so on. Which kind of attributes should our game have?

• Emotions, Thoughts and Sensations (such as sadness, Logic, panic, and Curiosity, Insanity and more). Each emotion will have degrees with different names depending on how strong the attack is. Attacks within Emotions (Soul) is considered a magic atk
    • Combat style: the type of the weapon, attack or skill you use will influence the outcome of your attack. (we can have slash attacks, smash attacks, ranged attacks, magical attacks and psychological attacks)
    • -other-

My character can switch between glowy eyes ( combat mostly) and non glowy eyes ( healing mostly) :razz:

also can someone do the little pictures that show up when the characters speaking for me, I kind of suck at drawing it.

kawaiitalkingkitty.pngIt's not done, but It will be kawaii.

Everyone is too focused on the player character so lets talk about enemies, what kind of enemies are we going to have in this game?

No, not everyone at all. I only posted a few designs and a few people gave feedback. So we should focus on that a lot more.

Also we have already talked about enemies: hackers, bugs, annoying creatures, the bacon fanatics, spammers, bots and more, like mummies

No, not everyone at all. I only posted a few designs and a few people gave feedback. So we should focus on that a lot more.

Also we have already talked about enemies: hackers, bugs, annoying creatures, the bacon fanatics, spammers, bots and more, like mummies

I'm not sure what much else we're supposed to do with the main character. We come up with some designs that everyone likes and then someone draws them. We already have a design for the male that no one seemed to mind.

We should probably be working on the designs of the enemies as well. Right now all we have down is the spam bots and some mummies.

I figured I could make a list of stuff that still needs drawn for anyone that wants to help but doesn't quite know what to help with. Tell me if I missed anything, because I know I did.

Character Sprites for: Mister L, The Tentacled Potato (DrewBomb), Adolf, Mack, Sirmentalgen, Trent, Asparagus 

Dialog Boxes for: All the applicants except Mena's (Which I am working on) and Geni's (Which Noob is working on)

Terrain Tiles for: Mena's area (Which I am working on)

Mob Sprites for: Trolls, Flamers, Mummies, Skeletons, Bugs

Tell me who's working on what as well, so we don't end up with multiple people working on the same thing. 

I have a secret stash of unused music.

And I though maybe you guys might like something in there.

Most of it needs cutting n stuff, but it can all loop nicely.

So yeah, thought I can give that to you, while I'm trying to figure out the best way to draw stuff for gamemaker. 

Or what to draw for it at all, hue.

I have a secret stash of unused music.

And I though maybe you guys might like something in there.

Most of it needs cutting n stuff, but it can all loop nicely.

So yeah, thought I can give that to you, while I'm trying to figure

out the best way to draw stuff for gamemaker.

Or what to draw for it at all, hue.

Well, if you're looking for some work, you could do some of the enemy sprites Mena described above. The best way to do it would be to structure it like a Spriter sprite sheet, except pixelated.

EDIT: Thx Autocorrect

So I made music using pulseboy.com and this:

Project name: palace_of_simplex

It last 42 seconds before potentially looping. (the end is bleeding a bit, probably needs to be cut first)

no pun intended, that's seriously how long it takes

My notes:

• The base tune is gentle enough for longer playbacks.
  • The start and end are happy and cheerful.
  • The middle bit enforces a feeling of awe on me.
  • For some reason it reminds me of simplex. I dun ken. Hence the project name.

I can split it to two tracks with the above mentioned properties. You can too, because I included the save file.

palace_of_simplex.zip

Archived