Community Project Rpg Art Dump

DwerBomb

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rpg games usually have attributes that go along with weapons and equippable items, such as the usual fire, wind, water and so on. Which kind of attributes should our game have?

• Emotions, Thoughts and Sensations (such as sadness, Logic, panic, and Curiosity, Insanity and more). Each emotion will have degrees with different names depending on how strong the attack is. Attacks within Emotions (Soul) is considered a magic atk
    • Combat style: the type of the weapon, attack or skill you use will influence the outcome of your attack. (we can have slash attacks, smash attacks, ranged attacks, magical attacks and psychological attacks)
    • -other-

Two more flavors of cupcake and one more flavor of cookie.

LiqOIuJ.png

I was thinking cupcake would have different effects based on the color of frosting. Pink would heal, blue would restore mana, and green would cure status aliments. I don't know what the cookies would do then, maybe provide status boosts.

I had actually intended for that to be chocolate with white chocolate chips, Percy, but if you want it can be macadamia.

How about we have different tiers of healing items? Like, cupcakes with sprinkles restore more than regular, and cupcakes with sprinkles and cherries restore more than that. I can make a third flavor of cookie so those can be in a tier too.

Polls update

The polls will soon be refreshed with new polls.
So here are the winners:

Q: Do you want the "caterpillar" effect to the members of your party?
Winner: Yes

Q: Random encounters or enemies on screen?
Winner: A mix of both but mostly enemies on screen

Q: How many characters should your party have?
Winner: Maximum 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this page on we have started thinking about attributes and elements in game. For now we have two major ideas: 1 is to use emotions as elements; the other one is to use weapon types as attributes.

Check those pages out and then vote in the new poll.

Thanks!

Let me know what other environmental art you need (I'm no good at making characters)

Some gloor tiles for the skeletons catacomb, and you can be creative, you don't have to make them look exactly like the usual catacomb floor ;)

Ok I may have fucked the poll up a bit. I'll try to fix it asap

Fixed!

Aaaah damn. yeah. I'll try again

I think what might have happened is you edited the previous poll instead of making a new one. That might have messed things up.

Edit: nvm you fixed it.

(Long Post full of quotes)

Working on some different crypt floor textures. One on left is bricks, one on right is grassy turf like stuff.

Color scheme of the crypt will be green,blue,and grey.

Ah I should also mention that the tilesets graphics work weird in rpgmaker. Basically each tile you create should have 6 squares: first, 4 squares that make a bigger one on the botton, then two upper ones. The big square rappresents how the tile looks when it makes a perfect 2x2 square, while the one on the left is the single tile, and it's used to fill the tile when the square is bigger then 2x2. The smaller one on the right is used when you make a curve or so, to connect the pieces of the other squares.

I may have explained it badly so if you don't get it just ask again.

Alright, which characters should I start drawing?

Someone simple. Maybe yourself, if you have practiced a lot drawing your character, or the tentacled potato oc since it's fairly simple, but same goes for Trent's usual oc

Edit: ninjed

You could draw all me as a boss (basically my avatar in a skelator like costume that's light green and blue)

Maybe you should draw some concept art before we do the sprites and all.

Also I've seen the map, but it looks kinda confused. Would it be a problem if you write some arrows for where the player has to go, labels for what each thing is, and the places where enemies are found?

But I understand it's just a sketch so dw for now

How can we forget the most important healing item? 9sufMRT.png

That sprite is too big, please stick to the template.

loellao.png Binary tile number 1. I'll make more soon.

I've tested the binary tile and it looks good in a 2x2 square but when extended it looks...off...

I'll post a gif soon so you can understand better

Minor sprite update:

post-214555-0-57922800-1439566115.png Derpime's sprite

plus...post-214555-0-13350400-1439566142.png The Red Bite, a bat forged by the rage element (has a really small chance to drop from killing Mosquitoes-like enemies)

Archived