Community Project Rpg Art Dump

DwerBomb

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rpg games usually have attributes that go along with weapons and equippable items, such as the usual fire, wind, water and so on. Which kind of attributes should our game have?

• Emotions, Thoughts and Sensations (such as sadness, Logic, panic, and Curiosity, Insanity and more). Each emotion will have degrees with different names depending on how strong the attack is. Attacks within Emotions (Soul) is considered a magic atk
    • Combat style: the type of the weapon, attack or skill you use will influence the outcome of your attack. (we can have slash attacks, smash attacks, ranged attacks, magical attacks and psychological attacks)
    • -other-

What I did was use the default sprites as sort of a guide and zoomed in really close so I wouldn't have to draw so tiny. That might help.

I always zoom in when doing small works like this; how do you think I made that Willette GIF?

If you blow up the template by 200%, draw a quick sketch on a new layer and shrink it back down, it acts as a pretty good guide for pixel art.

Ech, I was always a bit finicky with this trick. Guess I'll just keep trying.

Could some people post what their alt forms could be? I have a shop idea but I need to know.

hey fill the people in on the alt form thing first!

The people in the RPG Storyline discussion PM have been talking about incorporating a system where, with the use of a specific item and a specific place, you can transform the qualities of your character into another, basically changing the type of class they are, their appearance, and other stuff; we wanted to incorporate this system for the few people here that have multiple forms/avatars and switch among them regularly.

Understand?

also trent my alternate forms are homunculus, humanoid, and pre-homunculus

Well, pretty much the only alternate characters I have are Lena, who is at this point just going to be a separate character, and the Mena from an alternate dimension where Weirdobob was her dad and Percival killed Weirdo, captured, tortured, and experimented on her, and basically took over the word by turning most everything into savage monstrosities. I don't really know if I want her in though.

Well, pretty much the only alternate characters I have are Lena, who is at this point just going to be a separate character, and the Mena from an alternate dimension where Weirdobob was her dad and Percival killed Weirdo, captured, tortured, and experimented on her, and basically took over the word by turning most everything into savage monstrosities.

Oh, so that's who that girl was.

. . .sounds like a horrible dystopian backstory.

My second form is me with a different T-shirt. Trades the smallest amount of speed for the smallest amount of defense.

Either that or an NPC disguise, making it possible for him to enter the city and areas beyond it in turn for a more defense-oriented playstyle (such as preventing debuffs/crits and raising stats for the entire team.)

No listen guys we can't have transformations for something that minimal.

We could have upgrades, like "find item x, character y receives an upgrade with more skills or better stats!"

Also everyone wants to be a recruitable character and everyone wants to have transformations. Come on guys, we need npcs and enemies too!

No listen guys we can't have transformations for something that minimal.

We could have upgrades, like "find item x, character y receives an upgrade with more skills or better stats!"

Changed. I don't have to have a transformation though (To be honest I didn't want one in the first place.)

Archived