Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Mack18853

Klei Forums RPG (New)

Music  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What type of music should we go for?

• Something like Earthbound
    • Something like Pokemon
    • Something else.
  2. 2. Should we have multiple endings?

DwerBomb    6,104

1- it's going to be free

2- it can't have micro transitions. Do you have any idea of what Rpgmaker is? Have you ever at least played a game made with that engine?

Oh just realised that was a joke, sorry pal

MenaAthena    10,300

Maybe we can implement something like Chrono Trigger's combat system, where the enemies aren't static during battle. When you encounter them they still move around and interact with things on the screen, adding another layer of tactics and timing. You can wait for the enemies to get closer together so you can hit more of them with an attack, or wait for them to spred out because some can do a counter attack when next to another enemy. I feel like I'm not explaining this very well, so if you're confused you can look up a video of Chrono Trigger's combat system. It's not exactly the same as what Battal suggested.

NoobModder    210

WE ARE LOSING ACTIVITY! GET IN THE GAME EVERYBODY!!!!!! OUR GAME!!!!!!!!

WE NEED MORE ARTS M8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT WORRY, SOON I WILL DROP A DUMPLOAD OF ART, AND REVIVE THIS THREAD THROUGH THE HEART!

THE ART HEART!

Mobbstar    13,894
Everything is falling appart due to disinterest. Nobody feels responsible to keep up work. We are greatly lacking sprites. Nobody thought of coding yet based on what outsiders can tell. I like to exaggerate in my means of expression.

FTYYFG FTFYF

MenaAthena    10,300

FTYYFG FTFYF

I think part of the problem is a lot of us don't really know where to go from here. 

ftfy

The rest of us could work more on sprites, I admit that I have been slaking off a bit in that department.

Mobbstar    13,894

Maybe the developer is on vacation thus making it impossible to progress?

wait I thought this is a group effort? How can a group effort have only one developer?

Unless you meant lead developer.

DwerBomb    6,104

wait I thought this is a group effort? How can a group effort have only one developer?

Unless you meant lead developer.

Lead developer that is

Mobbstar    13,894

Welp, I made a song with that website, PulseBoy, and now I have no clue how to put it here.

Halp

Did you not make a wav file? Or at least a phb save file (because we can load that into pulseboy)?

MenaAthena    10,300

Did you not make a wav file? Or at least a phb save file (because we can load that into pulseboy)?

It only gives me the option to save as a pbp file or "All files", which apparently doesn't actually mean all files since I can't open it in anything.

Wait, I figured out how to save it as a wav file. Gimme a sec and I think I can upload it here.

Derpime    501

It only gives me the option to save as a pbp file or "All files", which apparently doesn't actually mean all files since I can't open it in anything.

Have you try to name the file like this?

[insertfilehere].wav?

Mobbstar    13,894

My two cents: the maybe-title theme has way to much background noise at all times. Either give the listener a break or reduce the intensity.

The second one... well you noticed for yourself :p

Should I try? Gosh I will screw it up in perfectionism, but should I try anyways?

MenaAthena    10,300

I had intended to space out the scales a bit more in the first one, but it would be a pain to try to do that now. Still, I probably should. My older brother remarked that the second one might fit for a high tension chase, where the player is running away from an insta-death monster. That might work well as the chase probably wouldn't last that long.

Yeah, go ahead and try if you'd like.

Mobbstar    13,894

I had intended to space out the scales a bit more in the first one, but it would be a pain to try to do that now. Still, I probably should. My older brother remarked that the second one might fit for a high tension chase, where the player is running away from an insta-death monster. That might work well as the chase probably wouldn't last that long.

Yeah, go ahead and try if you'd like.

Nah, it's too calm and eerie for a chase. A chase needs to have music like fire.

And I already made something and tried to duplicate the page and accidentally somehow deleted all tracks instead and that's kinda annoying and I lost all of that and need a break and some jaffas now and leave me alone I'm not officially contributing to this project Im sorry im just angry gosh I need a shower