Klei Forums RPG (New)

Morgan17

Music  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What type of music should we go for?

• Something like Earthbound
    • Something like Pokemon
    • Something else.
  2. 2. Should we have multiple endings?

Some people probably forgot about the old thread. Some probably remembered it and didn't care. But not me.

Anyways, the Klei Forums RPG was an idea created by TRENTONIMOUS. Basically, it was an idea where a bunch of forumers would be put in an RPG (with their permission, of course) and go through a story.But in the end, people lost interest and gave up on the idea.

Today, I am here to revive that idea.

If you would like to participate, or be a character in the RPG, please send me a PM instead of posting it here. That way, we dont clutter this thread with applications. What we need are:

Pixel artists

DwerBomb

KidneyBeanBoy

Lord_Battal

Story Writers

Asparagus

DwerBomb

Geni

Idea makers

Music composers

Developers

DwerBomb

Possible Characters

MenaAthena
NPC Class: Undetermined (Maybe Healing Item Merchant)
Playable Character Class: Undetermined (possible medic)

Developers, please use RPG Maker.

Link:

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/

Thanks.

EDIT: I have made Dwer the leader of this project. If you have any questions, feel free to ask him. However, you will need to PM me if you would like to be a contributor/character in the game.

If you need some pixel art or just plain old regular art I'd be willing to help. Not sure if I'd be able to afford RPGmaker though. I'd also be able to help with design/writing as well.

You don't have to use RPGmaker, but it is more efficent than other game-making programs.

What filetype does RPGmaker use for its sprites? If it's .PNG I'll just use paint.net/GIMP.

Png is supposed to work.

However what Mark forgot to mention, or for my mistake I didn't see him mentioning, is that there at least 2 rpgmakers we could use: 2k3 and Ace. Obviously Ace is the best one for us, since it doesn't limit colours and has much better graphics.

Anyway, all rpgmakers need a fixed template for when you go to draw your sprites, otherwise if the drawing has a different size then the supported one, it will not be recognised.

Png is supposed to work.

However what Mark forgot to mention, or for my mistake I didn't see him mentioning, is that there at least 2 rpgmakers we could use: 2k3 and Ace. Obviously Ace is the best one for us, since it doesn't limit colours and has much better graphics.

Anyway, all rpgmakers need a fixed template for when you go to draw your sprites, otherwise if the drawing has a different size then the supported one, it will not be recognised.

Ah. Could I get the template without RpgMaker?

How's this? (Sorry for the weird quality, I was trying to make it NES-esque:) 

attachicon.gifGecko-Atlas.png

The art is good and I really like it. But, this is just the perfect example for what i was saying. I am not sure of the template you've used for this one, but it's not one supported by Ace, which requires more pixels. 

The template you've used is probably one for 2k3 BUT if you want to make 2k3 sprites you have to limit it in an 8-bit 256-color bitmap format. Therefore you would need Photoshop.

The art is good and I really like it. But, this is just the perfect example for what i was saying. I am not sure of the template you've used for this one, but it's not one supported by Ace, which requires more pixels. 

The template you've used is probably one for 2k3 BUT if you want to make 2k3 sprites you have to limit it in an 8-bit 256-color bitmap format. Therefore you would need Photoshop.

Ah, I guess I grabbed the wrong template. Could you upload the right one then?

Ah, I guess I grabbed the wrong template. If you want I could just do the battle/overworld sprites then, although I'm not sure if those use the same system as NPCs do.

sorry, maybe I haven't explained myself good enough.

Since I suppose we would work in Ace, you don't have a limit in colour. That means you will be able to use paint for it too. So all you need is an empty Rpgmaker Vx Ace template, a program to do pixel art, and when you have finished it sent it to me/post it here so I can test if it works and eventually make slight changes such as center the sprites/move them to fit the environment better.

On a second note (even if I am afraid this project will not go anywhere, as that has already happened), I request Mack if I can take the role of the leader of this project. It's not like I have anything against you, it's just that maybe I have...slightly more knowledge of rpgmaker than you. If that's not true, feel free to tell me to shut the fcuk up.

sorry, maybe I haven't explained myself good enough.

Since I suppose we would work in Ace, you don't have a limit in colour. That means you will be able to use paint for it too. So all you need is an empty Rpgmaker Vx Ace template, a program to do pixel art, and when you have finished it sent it to me/post it here so I can test if it works and eventually make slight changes such as center the sprites/move them to fit the environment better.

Sorry, edit-ninja'd you. Check my other post.

Sorry, edit-ninja'd you. Check my other post.

I've posted a file present in the vx ace database in the page before this, but here's more templates for you:

Smaller characters

post-214555-0-93966400-1438969732_thumb.

post-214555-0-11268100-1438969729_thumb.

Bigger characters (use the door as the template for this)

post-214555-0-79788400-1438969731_thumb.

On a second note (even if I am afraid this project will not go anywhere, as that has already happened), I request Mack if I can take the role of the leader of this project. It's not like I have anything against you, it's just that maybe I have...slightly more knowledge of rpgmaker than you. If that's not true, feel free to tell me to shut the fcuk up.

This most likey will get abandoned. A whole RPG is a bit on the super large scale of game.

Archived